3d vs 2d

• Thread starter Jakecreator97
  • Start date
how comfortable it feels is part of the game experience and it matters. Also better portability means more accessibility on the go if you happen to play somewhere that isn't at home. Last I checked, 2DS isn't that good for fitting in pockets.
Get a man sachel (;

Get a man sachel (;
:p I guess that works. Idk for me I prefer just being able to keep it in my pocket so it's quicker to access. Even the XL version works well in that regard

:p I guess that works. Idk for me I prefer just being able to keep it in my pocket so it's quicker to access. Even the XL version works well in that regard
True, true. I dont know about the XL but the 3DS is kind of thick but thats okay

True, true. I dont know about the XL but the 3DS is kind of thick but thats okay
Yeah, 3DS is more thick than the regular DS (but I guess they did it to add more graphic stuff for the top screen) and I wouldn't be surprised if XL is too. but it actually isn't that bad though

Yeah, 3DS is more thick than the regular DS (but I guess they did it to add more graphic stuff for the top screen) and I wouldn't be surprised if XL is too. but it actually isn't that bad though
Yeah, i can still fit it in my pocket all right

I don't really like how you can only watch certain cut scenes and single pokemon battles in 3D, I feel like they should've added more 3D content. I also wish that it wouldn't go in and out of 3D when you finish the pokemon battle for example

I don't really like how you can only watch certain cut scenes and single pokemon battles in 3D, I feel like they should've added more 3D content. I also wish that it wouldn't go in and out of 3D when you finish the pokemon battle for example
to be fair, they did put a lot of effort into making the whole game in a 3D overworld and such, so it only makes sense that at some points it isn't really in 3D

Some parts of the 3d world are really cool to gawk at, just spending time wandering around and admiring the perspective. I am used to the 2D and can't find a reason to complain about the new 3D.

I like 2D WAY better. The 3D looks awkward to me. It has a different feel to it also. It makes the games feel more like a newer Final Fantasy sorta game rather than a Pokemon game.

Yes... I know the 3D is weird... It is not like a 3D person it is more like a drawing of a person and then another drawing of a person behind that... I thought it would be at leasta bit better on the 3D side.

I'm indifferent on this subject. I like playing sprite based games, but it was getting a bit stale. Although, it may be hard to go back now.

I'm indifferent on this subject. I like playing sprite based games, but it was getting a bit stale. Although, it may be hard to go back now.

I like to believe the sprite based games hold their own sense of nostalgia in themselves.

This newer 3d is like pointing into the direction the future of the series is headed.

Back