3DS Outsells Nintendo 64

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
I think it will be hard to beat the DS, but:

The list:

1) DS: 153,960,000 units shipped
2) GB + GBC: 111,869,000 units shipped
3) Wii: 100,300,000 units shipped
4) GBA: 81,510,000 units shipped
5) NES: 61,910,000 units shipped
6) SNES: 49,100,000 units shipped
7) 3DS: 34,980,000 units shipped
8) N64: 32,930,000 units shipped
9) GC: 21,740,000 units shipped
10) Wii U: 3,910,000 units shipped
11) Virtual Boy: ~1,260,000 units shipped

I owned one of them DS things in the fast. Actually, it was my first video game system. Good times with that thing! That's why it's number 1! :D

Reactions: 18
Well thanks for posting this up, I honestly thought that the Wii had more sales that the DS, but I can see the 3DS making its way up the chart slowly with the Wii U. :)

Wow, it sold 34 million already.

Wow, it sold 34 million already.

It would be more like 35 million now :p

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and Reece
Wow, I'm a bit surprised Nintendo ships THAT much. I mean, I know they're popular and all around the globe.....but woah.....

Last edited:
Wow, I'm a bit surprised Nintendo ships THAT much. I mean, I know they're popular and all around the glob.....but woah.....

We are 7.000 millions of people on earth, that is really a low quantity

We are 7.000 millions of people on earth, that is really a low quantity
psh, but you should also take into account the minority of people that play videogames in general (or even have access to them).

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and 18
psh, but you should also take into account the minority of people that play videogames in general (or even have access to them).

Chinese people counts too? (+ 1.000 millions)

I agree there is a lot of places that does not have access to video games so I would say that Nintendo ships a lot on behalf of the gaming industry, Sony shipping record is maybe mind blasting >.<

Chinese people counts too? (+ 1.000 millions)
lol up until this year I'm pretty sure there was a ban on videogame consoles in China so.........so much for all those people haha

I think it will be hard to beat the DS, but:

The list:

1) DS: 153,960,000 units shipped
2) GB + GBC: 111,869,000 units shipped
3) Wii: 100,300,000 units shipped
4) GBA: 81,510,000 units shipped
5) NES: 61,910,000 units shipped
6) SNES: 49,100,000 units shipped
7) 3DS: 34,980,000 units shipped
8) N64: 32,930,000 units shipped
9) GC: 21,740,000 units shipped
10) Wii U: 3,910,000 units shipped
11) Virtual Boy: ~1,260,000 units shipped

Oh my gosh I thought the Nintendo 3DS was so far up but it's so far down! I hope it can work it's way all the way up to the top. Also Wii U is right next to Virtual Boy, Jeez that sucks.

Oh my gosh I thought the Nintendo 3DS was so far up but it's so far down! I hope it can work it's way all the way up to the top. Also Wii U is right next to Virtual Boy, Jeez that sucks.
Nintendo 3DS is far from being so far up. Don't you remember? The sales weren't that good initially. It being low on the list doesn't mean it's really unpopular though

Nice list. It should also be good to point out that thus far, the PlayStation Vita only sold about 4 million units, and their weekly sales numbers are still quite low.

Nice list. It should also be good to point out that thus far, the PlayStation Vita only sold about 4 million units, and their weekly sales numbers are still quite low.
well, can't say I'm too surprised given the fact that Sony is the only somewhat competitive company against Nintendo in the handheld market, but even then Nintendo ends up dominating it

I guess old stuff were pretty much more popular than now , if guess some people got tired of buying Nintendo Products ? And playing them or something.

I guess old stuff were pretty much more popular than now , if guess some people got tired of buying Nintendo Products ? And playing them or something.
the more likely explanation is that other competitors in the market just got stronger over time and that videogames were a really innovative thing at the time. Not so much that people got tired of buying Nintendo Products

the more likely explanation is that other competitors in the market just got stronger over time and that videogames were a really innovative thing at the time. Not so much that people got tired of buying Nintendo Products
I didn't mean that I meant it for the DS console it came out in 2007 I think and it sold more than a 100 Million copies bet it would take quite a long time before the 3DS outsells it.

I expect the 3DS to beat the Wii in sales by the end of it's life span.

I didn't mean that I meant it for the DS console it came out in 2007 I think and it sold more than a 100 Million copies bet it would take quite a long time before the 3DS outsells it.

The Nintendo DS came out on November 21st, 2004, if I recall correctly.

I expect the 3DS to beat the Wii in sales by the end of it's life span.

The Nintendo DS came out on November 21st, 2004, if I recall correctly.
Haha lol it came out here in 2007 ftw ??? XD 3 years to get the DS shipped here , that was long anyways I got the DS in 2007 my second gaming console :p

Reactions: BjFauble
Back