Ultimate 5th Smash DLC Fighter will be announced in a stream this January 16th!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
So I just got the news that there will be a live stream of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, where Masahiro Sakurai will reveal the 5th DLC fighter soon. This 35-minutes stream will start in January 16th at 6 AM (PST).

Are you excited on this? Any thoughts in this upcoming Smash livestream? Discuss away.

Reactions: James and Luna
where did you get your news may i ask? i've been seeing this news on many websites but it hasnt been confirmed yet right? if its true im soooooo happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several Ninty gaming news already published that, and they got the info from Nintendo VS Twitter account, so I'm sure it's official, alright.

oh. i just checked it out. cool. will it only be about super smash bros ultimate or will there be some more news on other games like animal crossing or pikmin or botw 2?

oh. i just checked it out. cool. will it only be about super smash bros ultimate or will there be some more news on other games like animal crossing or pikmin or botw 2?
So far, it's specific for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The livestream involving Terry Bogard didn't have another Direct to accompany it as well, but maybe this stream will be linked to the game where this certain DLC fighter came from.

It is official, since the Nintendo youtube channels already have pages up for it
mXGYEGj.png

(link if you wish to have it:
)

Reactions: Starry Windy
some days ago I saw some tweet of the devil may cry developers saying "stay tuned for the 16th" mmmmh suspicius ¿maybe the character is dante?
i would prefer other characters but if its him ,good for the fans

Reactions: 28142
there are a lot of possibilities. so far these are the main possibilities:
Dante
Shanae
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Rayman
Lloyd Irving
Geno
Master chief
2B
Doomslayer
Waluigi
Monster hunter
Sephiroth
Agumon
Raiden
Steve
Byleth
Heavy
Gundam
Bandana dee
Arle nadja
jibanyan
pheonix wright
dr.kawashima

Dante
Shanae
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Rayman
Lloyd Irving
Geno
Master chief
2B
Doomslayer
Waluigi
Monster hunter
Sephiroth
Agumon
Raiden
Steve
Byleth
Heavy
Gundam
Bandana dee
Arle nadja
jibanyan
pheonix wright
dr.kawashima

A lot of these are spirit fighters though, meaning they most likely wont become main fighters. Perhaps in the next game though.
"monster hunter" isn't a thing, and things like Master chief aren't even on the switch either.

Dante
Shanae
Crash Bandicoot
Sora
Rayman
Lloyd Irving
Geno
Master chief
2B
Doomslayer
Waluigi
Monster hunter
Sephiroth
Agumon
Raiden
Steve
Byleth
Heavy
Gundam
Bandana dee
Arle nadja
jibanyan
pheonix wright
dr.kawashima
to be honest
1: this season pass is for third parties, so it wont be DR kwashima, byleth nor waluigi (who its there already as an assist, so no)
2:all smash characters have a origin of videogames, so no gumdam, agumon is in a grey area because as far as I know he originated in a tamagochi-like thing
3: im going to be honest ¿why do you think that a character than only appeared in only one mario game except for a cameo en M&L 1 have more chances than anyone else? specially since mario still haves a lot of relevant characters that still arent in smash

and about the monster hunter: the "iconic thing" about those games are the monsters (like rathalos, who is in the games as a assist and boss,so a generic hunter woulnd´t get a lot of hype

there has been a rumour going on that halo is coming for the switch so master chief is a teeny tiny possibility. as for monster hunter i mean a character from mh. something that would be customizable like in the mh franchize woulf=d be cool and many people would definitely buy it. as for the spirits, never mind

there has been a rumour going on that halo is coming for the switch so master chief is a teeny tiny possibility
so then by that logic there is a tiny possibility for... literally every character that has a game on a nintendo console

geno was a much loved character in super mario rpg. his moveset would be perfect for smash with finger and hand cannons.many fans want him as they have fond memories of geno from the game. just because he only appeared in one game doesnt make him insignificant.

so then by that logiv there is a tiny possibility for... literally every character that has a game on a nintendo console
:D:D:D true.........

geno was a much loved character in super mario rpg. his moveset would be perfect for smash with finger and hand cannons.many fans want him as they have fond memories of geno from the game. just because he only appeared in one game doesnt make him insignificant.

:D:D:D true.........
say that to square enix then ,they have the rigths of the character and dont have any reason to use him
anyone who truly expects to see geno in smash are setting themselves for dissapointent

IM not expecting him. honestly i have no predictions as nintendo is unpredictable as a 5 year old on a sugar high. ill just wait 2 days and find out instead of predicting a character and being disappointed.

nintendo is unpredictable as a 5 year old on a sugar high.

I mean, their monetisation methods are incredibly predictable at the moment

yup. definitely. i mean honestly, that pokemon direct was nice and they released dlc. surprise surprise! its 30 bucks! nintendo is grabbing for cash everywhere. i just hope that they dont do that to animal crossing and have paid dlc.....

I have a feeling it's Dante from Devil May Cry V because the Devil May Cry Twitter tweeted saying to mark these dates one being January 16th and heres the thing that makes me think it's Dante in Devil May Cry Dante is known for eating and Liking Pizza and if Dante isn't joining in smash on the 16th why would Capcom use a very specific emoji on January 16th?IMG_20200114_102728.png

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1
its byleth

yes. from fire emblem 3 houses

Back