• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Updated:

Aegislash will not be banned from 3DS Pedia tournaments and gym battles (depending on the gym leader).

You must have at least ONE gym badge at 3DS Pedia to vote.

No one liners please. Explain why Aegislash should or shouldn't be banned from gym battles and tournaments at this forum. Of course, it'll be the default rules. Gym leaders can allow/disallow it for their gyms.

Go! :artist:

Last edited:
I don't see why it would be banned. Aegislash is not a game breaker like other Ubers. You can easily predict when it will use King's Shield and switch or use a status move. I've never had any issue killing it really.

Sure it can sweep if you set it, but what OU Pokemon cannot?

I don't see why it would be banned. Aegislash is not a game breaker like other Ubers. You can easily predict when it will use King's Shield and switch or use a status move. I've never had any issue killing it really.

Only guy with my GYM badge. *Respect* :angelic:

I second him.

Reactions: Memento Mori
Aegislash should NOT be banned because like @Memento Mori said he is predictable. just use status move when obvious king shield. he is just like any other OU pokemon. i know people think he is uber because he can sword dance and shadow sneak and that makes him uber but seriously? i don't hear azumarill going into ubers just because it used belly drum and is know aqua jetting every turn. It's the same thing. or pinsir sword dance mega quick attack doesn't get banned but is the exact same reason. even if aegislash manages to sword dance and shadow sneaks you most of the time i don't even die by it and i kill them easily. even a sucker punch can out speed (if your faster) the shadow sneak. there is so many things you can do to kill aegislash. even burn him and he becomes even more useless.

Reactions: Memento Mori and CrazyElf

I pretty much third that, that sums it up well.
I mean you wanna ban something for being good at what it can do then ban that bloody bird! XD
Seriously though I wouldn't ban a Pokemon for being good which as far as my knowledge concerns me is why it was banned.

ALSO looking at Wayne's comment that I just quickly read he does make a good point with other comparisons than the obvious flamebird, no one bans Azumarill for its gimmick, neither the Pinsir as also mentioned. To prove Wayne's point of out-speeding the shadow sneak even further (assuming max hp > max speed) it only has something around base 60 speed so anything above that with a +1 or higher priority move has all the chances it wants.

There are so many ways to take care of an Aegislash that I cant even think of, it isn't as invincible as Smogon, etc. think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Memento Mori
Aegislash is not all that broken but there is reasons why he should be banned, you cant say he cant be banned just because you have no problems destroying it, its not that. Pokémon with a lot of potential like Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham,Mega Heracross, Hawlucha, Starmie and more are blocked greatly by aegislash, that is one of the reasons why not many people used those , Aegislash its a very centralized Pokémon that shaped the metagame and everyone had one in their team with amazing cores that are just OP , and the fact that he can use a lot of sets in competitive just makes him unpredictable ,Kind Shield always gives him a big advantage to make things done.

Aegislash is not all that broken but there is reasons why he should be banned, you cant say he cant be banned just because you have no problems destroying it, its not that. Pokémon with a lot of potential like Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham,Mega Heracross, Hawlucha, Starmie and more are blocked greatly by aegislash, that is one of the reasons why not many people used those , Aegislash its a very centralized Pokémon that shaped the metagame and everyone had one in their team with amazing cores that are just OP , and the fact that he can use a lot of sets in competitive just makes him unpredictable ,Kind Shield always gives him a big advantage to make things done.
Borky there are many pokemon with a lot of potential and they are not banned. and yes he blocks out those pokemon but everyone pokemon has a list they block. when you say shaped the metagame to me it makes me feel it's another one of those we don't like change moments where they ban things just because there is change. and nearly every team i vs either has a tryanitar or rotom- wash or talonflame and heaps of standard pokemon you see everyday but they aren't banned.

Also aegislash stats really aren't OP. vsing a mega gengar with op 130 speed and 170 special attack and also the ability that can make you not switch out your pokemon so your doomed is OP. aegislash has 150 defence and sp defence when in shield form yeah he has good defenses but his speed is only 60 which is lower then a lot of pokemon and his attack and special attack are only 50 making him even more weaker so really he is a wall pokemon that even when he sword dances and shadow sneaks it's not gonna be the end of the world since you can live quite easily.

People using heaps of different sets is creativity and i inspire that. i hate seeing everyone use the exact same thing every game so different sets its a good thing in my option. makes the game more challenging as you need to predict stronger. there are heaps of other pokemon with heaps of sets as well but they also aren't banned so i don't feel like he should be either.

(Sorry for sounding rude everyone is allowed their option and i respect yours but this my option from what you have said. Please don't be angry at me :bag:)

Borky there are many pokemon with a lot of potential and they are not banned. and yes he blocks out those pokemon but everyone pokemon has a list they block. when you say shaped the metagame to me it makes me feel it's another one of those we don't like change moments where they ban things just because there is change. and nearly every team i vs either has a tryanitar or rotom- wash or talonflame and heaps of standard pokemon you see everyday but they aren't banned.

Also aegislash stats really aren't OP. vsing a mega gengar with op 130 speed and 170 special attack and also the ability that can make you not switch out your pokemon so your doomed is OP. aegislash has 150 defence and sp defence when in shield form yeah he has good defenses but his speed is only 60 which is lower then a lot of pokemon and his attack and special attack are only 50 making him even more weaker so really he is a wall pokemon that even when he sword dances and shadow sneaks it's not gonna be the end of the world since you can live quite easily.

People using heaps of different sets is creativity and i inspire that. i hate seeing everyone use the exact same thing every game so different sets its a good thing in my option. makes the game more challenging as you need to predict stronger. there are heaps of other pokemon with heaps of sets as well but they also aren't banned so i don't feel like he should be either.

(Sorry for sounding rude everyone is allowed their option and i respect yours but this my option from what you have said. Please don't be angry at me :bag:)

Im not going to be angry because of this :sleep: , its actually more complex than that, Aegislash is the best pivot you can have he is not supposed to be your power house in the team but a "pivot" that the enemy can use to study you in battle , he may be a low speed Pokémon but prepare to always expect a hit from him to, he can take oppurtinity of your pokemon to boost his sttats when you less expect (with sword dance) and that makes you switch your pokemon and they take a Full Hit from aegislash ( Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword), lets not forget King Shield to so he can be safe , but the problem is that this Pokemon can be in almost any team, is diversity is so much compared to other pokemon in terms of competitive sets, making him so unpredictable (Sub/ Toxic, Weakness Policy and lot more, that is a indicator that the pokemon is Uber). And lets be honest you are kinda forced to waste a move slot for earthquake because of aegislash.

Im not going to be angry because of this :sleep: , its actually more complex than that, Aegislash is the best pivot you can have he is not supposed to be your power house in the team but a "pivot" that the enemy can use to study you in battle , he may be a low speed Pokémon but prepare to always expect a hit from him to, he can take oppurtinity of your pokemon to boost his sttats when you less expect (with sword dance) and that makes you switch your pokemon and they take a Full Hit from aegislash ( Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword), lets not forget King Shield to so he can be safe , but the problem is that this Pokemon can be in almost any team, is diversity is so much compared to other pokemon in terms of competitive sets, making him so unpredictable (Sub/ Toxic, Weakness Policy and lot more, that is a indicator that the pokemon is Uber). And lets be honest you are kinda forced to waste a move slot for earthquake because of aegislash.
What do you think about rotom wash then? and i don't know about you but i never see earthquake as a bad thing to have on any pokemon. i usally always have a earthquake on my team. and must of the aegislashs i kill are with a greninja dark pulse or flare blitz

His BST averaging the two is 520 however when he does Stance Change it's still the same either way with just a few things flipped around. He's weak when his Attack Form is out and you can predict he will shield before he even does (unless it has +6 or +8). In defense form it's gonna use stat boosters and/or shield. You can still use special moves or EQ on it and not get a lowered attack penalty. His HP is also low for any Pokemon's standards. The only thing unexpected on it will be a moveset since it has many useful moves but too little slots so it'll be either a physical attacker or a special attacker. It's a matter of who the user is, not the Pokemon so therefore I hereby decree that Aegislash mustn't be banned.

Rotom wash is a special attacker all the time, he is really limited in sets and in his moves i mean they all have to use Hydro Pump or a Electric special move because its the best you can use in it ,will o wisp/ toxic/ rest, pain split it depends of what you want , a lot of people use rotom W because its remarkable by his good defenses and durability in battle also decent speed to outspeed common stall pokemon in OU, but still rotom W is the kind of pokemon that you need to use in a always active way because he pratically does not have any safe mode if the other pokemon of your team are dead ,and his ability levitate is not the best one.
About the Earthquake its a really good move to have yes in a ground type pokemon with stab, a lot of other type pokemon are forced to use earthquake because of aegislash, and idk but i think greninja is not the best to kill aegislash imagine if the aegislash is using weakness policy set and kill you with sacred sword its over for your team sweeper t.t

a rotom wash could just use wilo wisp on the aegislash and then bye bye aegislash you are now useless :3 the meta can stay the same since rotem is used all the time anyway. and also rotem wash can live a hit or few from aegislash

I'm pretty sure that Earthquake has always been a must have for OU teams. Not counting threats from the previous gens (Heatran, Metagross, Infernape, Jirachi, Excadrill, Lucario), we now have Mega Manectric, Mega Mawille, Mega Chrarizard X and, to a lesser extent, Klefki to worry about. So I don't really see how that's wasting a move slot.

Lets also mention that most of the OU Earthquake-using Pokemon are bulky enough to take a boosted Shadow Sneak from Aegislash. Even if they cannot finish it, they should be able to cripple it enough to allow the next Pokemon to KO it.

And I just heard that they will be running a suspect test to have the Mawilite banned to Ubers, which really makes no sense to me.

Reactions: Eevee
I'm pretty sure that Earthquake has always been a must have for OU teams. Not counting threats from the previous gens (Heatran, Metagross, Infernape, Jirachi, Excadrill, Lucario), we now have Mega Manectric, Mega Mawille, Mega Chrarizard X and, to a lesser extent, Klefki to worry about. So I don't really see how that's wasting a move slot.

Lets also mention that most of the OU Earthquake-using Pokemon are bulky enough to take a boosted Shadow Sneak from Aegislash. Even if they cannot finish it, they should be able to cripple it enough to allow the next Pokemon to KO it.

And I just heard that they will be running a suspect test to have the Mawilite banned to Ubers, which really makes no sense to me.
Wow Really? Mawille now as well? he is so slow nearly anyone can out speed him and it's not hard to predict a sucker punch coming your way. yes there is trick room but that's not going to work unless you can pull it off. hes also really weak so he can be one or two shot half the time.

We might as well ban everything on the way were going.

I don't think Aegislash needs to see the ban card. It's not overly powerful. You can predict it fairly easily, the only way you will have trouble is if you get +6 sweeped which is highly unlikely, especially with Sucker Punch lurking in Pokemon like Mawile or Bisharp.

The problem I see currently is people are trying to have everything TOO balanced. If everything is too balanced, the metagame will get boring, which is what I see. Pokemon are created/buffed with reason. Kangaskan Mega was created with reason. If it's so "broken", then why would Game Freak even give Kangaskhan a mega? I understand classifying "good" to "bad", however banning Pokemon that MIGHT be more powerful than others isn't fair.

Reactions: Eevee
he's not an uber so i say no but that's not it
his strategy revolves around king's shield and that's not too overpowered it's just a competition to see if you can predict what he's gonna do and that's most competitive battling

I hope Aegislash isn't banned from 3DSpedia too. It's something that can be fairly easily taken care of by a Pranskter Murkrow for crying out loud... :oops:
Though I agree smogon is a necessary evil, they're taking it a tad bit too far banning Some Pokemon that aren't exactly "Broken."
he's not an uber so i say no but that's not it
his strategy revolves around king's shield and that's not too overpowered it's just a competition to see if you can predict what he's gonna do and that's most competitive battling
He's been in the Ubers tier for quite a while, actually.

I hope Aegislash isn't banned from 3DSpedia too. It's something that can be fairly easily taken care of by a Pranskter Murkrow for crying out loud... :oops:
Though I agree smogon is a necessary evil, they're taking it a tad bit too far banning Some Pokemon that aren't exactly "Broken."

He's been in the Ubers tier for quite a while, actually.
seconded i dont think aegislash should be banned for having high defense stats and a good moveset because honestly if youre doing that just ban swampert for being resistant to all but grass

You have a shiny ageliash Marc, why would you hate him?

^^^ he's not hating :p

I dont think Aegislash should be banned you can take him out really easily by using Special Attacks, and inflicting statuses on him renders him useless. Banning him would be incredibly unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back