Are all Kirby games easy?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I heard Kirby: Triple Deluxe was dead easy e.e but that isn't the only Kirby game I've heard about that was easy.

I found the old VC Kirby game that I played last year or the previous year difficult, however, that could have been getting used to the controls rather than the actual gameplay. I didn't make it too far and dropped it :whistle:

I'm wondering if all Kirby games are EASY or are there any tough ones in terms of gameplay?

Really hoping Kirby for the Nintendo Switch isn't too easy :panda:

The hardest time I had in a Kirby game is Helper to Hero in Kirby Superstar Ultra. It's basically a boss gauntlet where you have to master each ability separately and to 100% it you need to beat the gauntlet with every power. Other than that there's this one spot in The Great Cave Offensive that I would consider to be almost impossible but other than that the game is fairly easy besides the end game boss gauntlet called the True Arena.
Long story short if you only want certain parts of the game to be hard get Kirby Superstar Ultra. Other than that I don't know whether the other Kirby games are easy but my assumption is yes they are (especially Kirby Planet Robobot).

All of them, or at least most of them, could be considered "easy". Boss strategies are generally easy to work out, enemies don't pose that much of a threat, Kirby himself is fairly tough (especially in the games with a health bar), level design is fairly benign and the stages usually don't expect outlandish things from you. Most of the games' content can be beaten with little difficulty by pretty much any player, with most of the actual "difficulty" reserved for other game modes such as The True Arena (a boss gauntlet with limited opportunities to heal, with tougher bosses than usual) and Extra Modes (which aren't extremely challenging).

Basically, they're all EASY to beat, but more challenging to 100% complete.

My first Kirby game was Squeak Squad, and when I was about 7 I could beat that game in a car ride. However, I had an obsession with 100% that game. I was never a completionist so that was weird to me, but I needed to get all those chests. That was one of the hardest gaming things for me at that time. There were about 5 or 6 that I tried countless times to get, even to the point of looking up strategies on the internet.

The only other Kirby game I've played to this point is Epic Yarn, and the same thing with completing the game 100% was true. There are some difficult collectibles in the game to get, so while the main game will always be easy enough for kids, getting that 100% on a profile will take some time and dedication.

Mouse Attack and the amazing mirror were pretty challenging titles. There was plenty to progress though, the bosses were stronger, the levels getting harder depending on how far you got. Kirby's adventure (3D Classics) was moderately hard, as well. I remember just giving up when I reached world 6/7, but I did eventually revisit the game and beat it. I was highly disappointed with Triple Deluxe, it was a cake walk, to say the least. I expected way more in terms of difficulty. I understand the title is more geared towards a younger audience, but at least make an effort to include a hard mode of sorts?

I actually think that Every new Kirby games is getting way too easy.Kirby: Triple deluxe was probably my first Kirby game and I thought it was way to easy and I was trying to figure out why it's so popular if it's easy.I mean you need some hard parts in a game but Kirby games are not for Pro Gamers unless they want a game that's laid-back

Not if you're a six-year-old experiencing graphics bugs on Project 64. Then it's just confusing and frustrating for no reason, because you can't tell how much HP you have until you die.

I heard Kirby: Triple Deluxe was dead easy e.e but that isn't the only Kirby game I've heard about that was easy.

I found the old VC Kirby game that I played last year or the previous year difficult, however, that could have been getting used to the controls rather than the actual gameplay. I didn't make it too far and dropped it :whistle:

I'm wondering if all Kirby games are EASY or are there any tough ones in terms of gameplay?

Really hoping Kirby for the Nintendo Switch isn't too easy :panda:
I'd say Kirby and the amazing mirrior was more difficult. Not because of the controls or anything,but more because unlike the rest of the Kirby games this one involves exploration and remembering which way you went so you don't end up going in a circle. It's the only Kirby game of its kind compared to the rest whereujust gotta reach the end of the level and don't have search very hard for the correct exit, unlike Amazing mirrior where there's more than one exit and you can end up going to a completely different part of the world just by going through a mirrior :/, all in all this makes this Kirby game my favorite though because I agree the rest are to easy.

I'd say that if you're one to casually go and finish a Kirby game from point A to point B, that is, to simply beat the game without worrying about 100% completion; there's really not that much of an elevating roaring challenge as opposed to something like Donkey Kong Country or Rayman, which in most cases, do get slightly more demanding of your skills later on.
Now, when one make it course to fully beat a Kirby game, and look at every corner for any collectible or hidden thing to encounter, that's when I believe that these once fairly easygoing games make a slight harsh turn in hardcore territory. Unless you're prepared with your offensive game with attacking, and the appropriate power-up for certain parts, let's just say that dying will become a tradition on your quest. It's incredibly rewarding from the ones I've tried out, but tasks like collecting every single collectible item in Kirby Super Star's "The Great Cave Offensive" will give you a run for your money. :coffee:

I've only owned three Kirby games.Kirby's Epic Yarn,Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and Kirby Mass Attack. Kirby's Return to Dreamland wasn't very tough and in fact pretty easy. I played Kirby's Epic Yarn after Return to Dreamland so it was super easy, but it was my first game I tried to 100%. It took a while too 100% because some of the collectibles was so, freaking, hard! Then after that I played Mass Attack and it wasn't that hard, just when you needed 10 kirbies. Overall, not very hard.

*Stares at Kirby's Dreamland 3*

Speaking of games that are hard to 100%...Ah god, I love those cryptic puzzles but I'd be lying if I said they didn't make me rage on multiple occasions.

Kirby's never been considered a hard series, and it isn't supposed to be - it's simple, fun, and approachable. There's definitely challenge for those looking for it (some of the arenas are BRUTAL - I'm looking at you, Galacta Knight, I'm looking dead at you), but it's a game that's pretty easy for kids to pick up and just play. I don't think it's a series everyone will love but I do believe it's a series anyone can approach - and those who do end up loving it love it a lot, as evidence by my...ahem...sizable collection. @ V @

Although the games are very easy, there is only one true challenge in the Kirby games, which is the True arena. Aside from all the bosses being upgraded, having to fight them all back to back is very challenging, and drives me crazy. The issue is that aside from the true arena, there really isn't any challenge or difficulty in the rest of the game. Although I do understand kids should be able to play it, I wish it had a hard mode.

The story modes have been pretty easy. (Except for Super Star's Meta Knight's revenge and the true arenas in all the Kirby games.)

Ok, so personally, I've always thought Kirby games have been extremely easy. However, that being said, there is one exception, that being that I have 6 words for you: Kirby Super Star Ultra's True Arena. It is very hard, but is worth the trouble unlocking and beating!

The only kirby game I have is ultra super star and @Artisan is right
The hardest time I had in a Kirby game is Helper to Hero in Kirby Superstar Ultra. It's basically a boss gauntlet where you have to master each ability separately and to 100% it you need to beat the gauntlet with every power. Other than that there's this one spot in The Great Cave Offensive that I would consider to be almost impossible but other than that the game is fairly easy besides the end game boss gauntlet called the True Arena.
Long story short if you only want certain parts of the game to be hard get Kirby Superstar Ultra. Other than that I don't know whether the other Kirby games are easy but my assumption is yes they are (especially Kirby Planet Robobot).
helper to hero is the only thing keeping me from 100% ing the game, and i remember some hard parts of gco but the true arena is something else. Kirby games are like most nintendo games, hard to 100% easy to beat.

Reactions: Artisan
No one Kirby main-game is the same difficulty relative to another. Some may have abilities you can't access elsewhere, others were made before such features were even thought. Still, others have different versions, kinds or combinations of "copy-abilities," so if you pick a favorite and it isn't in one title over another, having to pick another would be a little difficult.

Also, there's the issue of %100 a Kirby game, Many of the titles are notoriously difficult to, but I think some of the newer ones have been scaling the hard-parts back a little.

Of the two, Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot, Robobot's a little trickier to %100 with the strange-controls of the final battle, it's not necessarily a "Kirby" game then, more like a Star-Fox title. And people who play Kirby games for fun but aren't as good with Star-fox are gonna have a hard time of it.

I don´t know about all kirby games, but as long as I have played triple deluxe I can say it is an easy but it does not mean it is a bad game at all. Anyway, I have the feeling that these days, recent games are much easier than previous games. I have been playing kirby super star on my wii u and I can tell it is also a good game, by the way, I didn´t find it that easy!!

I would say either Kirby Superstar Ultra because each story requires different strategies, and 100% poses a worthy, but not stupid challenge (excluding great cave offensive, nobody likes 100%ing that) or Amazing mirror, linked up with three 3-year olds because Amazing mirror's difficulty scales based off of the number of players.

I think they're inherently easy because the Kirby games were originally designed to be easy. They were originally made so that anybody could play it without feeling frustrated.

Not really except for Planet Robobot’s True Arena. Most of the bosses bounce everywhere on their glorified pogo stick.

Back