Battle Style

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
Whats your type of battle style for this game? Do you go rushing towards the enemies or do you hang back and let them come to you?

It depends on my opponent. I have permanent deaths turned on, so I can't afford to rush into the enemy like a crazy caveman or wait for 'em. If a lot of enemies surround you, it's game over for one of your characters, ;)

It's all about thinking what move your enemy will make (eg. see how far the enemy/enemies can move and look at the position of your comrades). Once you master that, they'll fall one by one. Sort of like Chess, :love:

Reactions: Chaox
This game is chess, but a lot more modern and fun playing.

Well, I'm usually move in pairs, if I can, with three characters.
It works really well. Also, the class of the three must be different.

My strongest pair was my female avatar and Chrome, doing magic with her and physical attacks with him.

I tend to plan my moves ahead. I move close enough so that they can't attack me first, or I use a tank to lure them in. I also like having a tank blocking narrow passages like a bridge, and taking the enemies out with my archers or mages.

Reactions: Chaox
I try to plan my moves out, but it doesn't always work out that well. I don't really worry too much about it though, since I've only played on casual.

If I can, I'll stay just out of range, then aggro one enemy at a time.

Reactions: Marc
I try to plan my moves out, but it doesn't always work out that well. I don't really worry too much about it though, since I've only played on casual.

If I can, I'll stay just out of range, then aggro one enemy at a time.

This.

Its also always handy to keep a healer nearby to heal your tanks.

Although luring isn't as useful when you have to talk to an enemy (recruitment), or save a character.

This game is chess, but a lot more modern and fun playing.

It's basically Chess with stats, :p

In my personal experience, I just have my manaketes destroy everything. Nothing so much as dinks their scaly armor, and stuff that would hurt them just end up missing due to Swordbreaker.

But really, I enjoy playing cat and mouse, as others previously stated, in different ways. I send out my most advanced units (in pairs) to bait the enemy in their range, then my lesser units scramble their forces to gain some EXP. I usually keep the bulk of my army just behind the 'red areas', I bait, they come, then I slaughter; simple enough. Until reinforcements come out and move the first turn they appear

Well, I forgot to recruit my tank, which was a blow to my lure and kill strategy. I mostly pair up all my characters and kill the closest enemies while making sure the enemies can't kill me. Then I fall back and heal.

The best thing to do is to avoid open areas where enemies can gang up on you.

Reactions: ljones20
i tend to use a lure character. for example i send kellem into enemy red and make them aggresive. hell take the first hits fine because of his defense. but then thats when my team gangs up on the enemies who move forward. then i heal the lure and repeat.
for bosses tho i tend to attack from safety till it dies.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
i tend to use a lure character. for example i send kellem into enemy red and make them aggresive. hell take the first hits fine because of his defense. but then thats when my team gangs up on the enemies who move forward. then i heal the lure and repeat.
for bosses tho i tend to attack from safety till it dies.
that's a really good strategy. Idk how well it'd work in the higher difficulties though where a bunch of the enemies have OHKO power

yeah i actually tried that today on insane, its a no go. theres too many enemies. i really dont know what strategy to use on insane. tho i know that strategy works on hard mode

yeah i actually tried that today on insane, its a no go. theres too many enemies. i really dont know what strategy to use on insane. tho i know that strategy works on hard mode
with lunatic, you may want to pick off enemies one at a time, with a bit of retreating action wherever possible. Luring the enemy towards you rather than charging head on may help. Some chapters this strategy is hard to pull off, but others it could help

to be honest im stuck on chapter one. you cant really pull off any strategy in that chapter. you really just hve to storm through with frederick. i dont want to do that tho cause i want my other units to level up

to be honest im stuck on chapter one. you cant really pull off any strategy in that chapter. you really just hve to storm through with frederick. i dont want to do that tho cause i want my other units to level up
yeah, the beginning it tends to be a good strategy to storm through with Frederick when you absolutely need to. Don't worry about the other units for now because you'll get to the point where there are risen encounters and such on the map that you can battle (not to mention Spotpass characters) to gain experience for everyone

yeah, the beginning it tends to be a good strategy to storm through with Frederick when you absolutely need to. Don't worry about the other units for now because you'll get to the point where there are risen encounters and such on the map that you can battle (not to mention Spotpass characters) to gain experience for everyone
haha yeah thats what i do - i get everyone to fall back then i let Frederick storm in and let everyone attack him - they always fail and die - then when his life is 50% i pull him back and let the others handle the rest :p!

haha yeah thats what i do - i get everyone to fall back then i let Frederick storm in and let everyone attack him - they always fail and die - then when his life is 50% i pull him back and let the others handle the rest :p!
that's not really a good thing to do at the beginning of the game. The beginning of the game is when there are weaker units and you can use the opportunity to level up your non-promoted characters (Frederick is a pre-promoted character). Granted, this game is a bit different, but all the same it's good to build experience early on

that's not really a good thing to do at the beginning of the game. The beginning of the game is when there are weaker units and you can use the opportunity to level up your non-promoted characters (Frederick is a pre-promoted character). Granted, this game is a bit different, but all the same it's good to build experience early on
yeah thats what i figured out :p

My common strategy is to send out troops in two pairs to certain areas to attack and dominate an area. If it's an easy opponent, I'll just go all out attack.

Just an update to my original post. Near the end game, my battle style changed drastically. I had 3 overpowered characters, My Avatar, Chrom and Morgan, and paired them up with relatively strong riders having Gale Force.

Back