Best auto-message you've read

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
You know those messages you constantly get at your 3ds or basically everything digital? ("A new puzzle piece has been added!" "Do you want to close word without saving?"etc.) Every now and then there's a gold nugget among those. What's your favourite? o_OMine is;

"Everything unsaved will be lost forever. Do you want to continue?"

I mean talk about deep philosophical questions. Imagine someone would say that while you're drawing some money from your bank account! XD I bet we all would turn into Scrooges. But seriously, it's quite a creepy question without the context.

Reactions: 423 and 18
My favourite message comes from TI Connect. I know it in French so I'll give it in French then translate it.

Just a bit of context, it's a software for communication between your computer and your (slow) calc, and sometimes, your PC does nothing waiting for your calc to answer (especially if your calc is full of programs). That's why sometimes you have this in your window: "Veuillez patienter (Ne répond pas)", which basically means "Please wait (The program hung)" :p
It didn't hang but "Ne répond pas" is what Windows says when a program hanged.

Reactions: 423, 18 and PersonSP
I like Google Chrome's 'Unable to connect to the internet' message because there's a dinosaur in it. That's a pretty good illustration about how we feel when we have no internet :p And the dinosaur even blinks every now and then :D

Reactions: 3823, Mikaya and 423
"Something went we're sending a report to Microsoft" It's suspose to mean SOMEONE read this report and will fix it! But IF a
human does (assuming the message isn't sent to a computer and is erased)they don't do anything to fix your device because I saw this3-4 times the month I first used my tablet!!

Reactions: 423
In general, I like the auto-messages that warn you THREE times before being able to confirm a decision. I've seen this a couple of places. It's slightly scary, especially knowing that a system can make you think twice (or three times) about something that you're going to do or about something that you're trying to do.

Oh, I also like "Do you want to turn on Sticky Keys?" and "Are you sure you want to permanently delete this file?"

Reactions: Mikaya
"Something went we're sending a report to Microsoft" It's suspose to mean SOMEONE read this report and will fix it! But IF a
human does (assuming the message isn't sent to a computer and is erased)they don't do anything to fix your device because I saw this3-4 times the month I first used my tablet!!
It means the collect a lot of data of things that went wrong then let a computer make a report about the weaknesses in the program. it will not (directly) help you. I wonder who is "we" in the "we're"...:sneaky:

Reactions: Kakea
:eek:Yeah me too it kinda freaks me out, like the thing where people can watch you through devices." They" see you all the time!

Reactions: PersonSP and 423
My favorite is when Google Chrome crashes it's says "He's dead Jim!"

Also I don't know what I did I think I stalled page or it met a 404 error but it got it to say "Oh Snap the connection has been lost."

Reactions: Lexi.D and PersonSP
csstricks.jpg

Reactions: PersonSP
404 error pages tend to be awesome indeed. I once saw a T-rex trying to fix stuff but he couldn't reach it because of it's short arms :p The caption was something like "the IT is doing everything to fix it"

Mine I guess was...
Oh hey!
When we were raising your Pokémon, something amazing happened!
.....Egg! ... It's like a total mystery!...
(ommitted a bunch of stuff)
So yeah that was what I got

Mine I guess was...
Oh hey!
When we were raising your Pokémon, something amazing happened!
.....Egg! ... It's like a total mystery!...
(ommitted a bunch of stuff)
So yeah that was what I got
Jup, we all thought how is the egg a total mystery? Did you ever take a biology class? :p (When a Ditto and a Raichu like each other very much...etc.)
Daycare+mysterious+shit_f8fd78_4601363.jpg

Reactions: Ninja-Patty, Magik and Electro
Jup, we all thought how is the egg a total mystery? Did you ever take a biology class? :p (When a Ditto and a Raichu like each other very much...etc.)
Daycare+mysterious+shit_f8fd78_4601363.jpg
That is amazing...

Reactions: PersonSP
My favorite is when Google Chrome crashes it's says "He's dead Jim!"

I'm right with you there! Love that Star Trek reference. :D

I'm right with you there! Love that Star Trek reference. :D

I know right I love it when there's references in things.

Reactions: Lexi.D
Is that your dog? Also 404 pages are awesome (though slightly sad because your page is gone)

Windows 8.1's helpfulness when it comes to Internet issues, and when you want to fix them by accessing the Help Center is just golden:
"Sorry, we were unable to access the online help. Ensure that you're connected to the Internet or in the case where the server is down, retry later."
(Approximative translation of what I had on my screen there was a while)

Seriously, Microsoft. You guys are just pure genius.

Reactions: 3823 and Mikaya
Windows 8.1's helpfulness when it comes to Internet issues, and when you want to fix them by accessing the Help Center is just golden:
"Sorry, we were unable to access the online help. Ensure that you're connected to the Internet or in the case where the server is down, retry later."
(Approximative translation of what I had on my screen there was a while)

Seriously, Microsoft. You guys are just pure genius.
Jup, "Cannot connect to the internet. For more information, visit the helpcenter." *clicks on help* *waits until it finally loads* "Cannot connect to the internet. Please check your internet connection and try again." Great.:meh:

Reactions: D4rkDragon
"Oh Snap!

He's Dead Jim!

You have lost connection to the internet"

Lol

Reactions: Ninja-Patty and PersonSP
My favorite auto message is one of the 404 errors that has a cute little pug on it, I don't know, but instead of getting mad at these (which I usually do) I get a little bit happier :D

Back