Best dungeon/boss?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
What's the best dungeon/boss from any game of the series and why?

I really liked the Desert Temple in Ocarina of time. That was full of so many fun puzzles! really challenging and the boss - Twinrova was pretty powerful.

I really don't know why but I loved the mini-boss for arbiters grounds in TP (cant remember its name) I was really creepy but cool at the same time haha

I'm probably in the minority who enjoyed the Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess. Really liked how the entire dungeon itself was a puzzle. I guess the only thing that brought it down was the boss fight; as cool as it was, it was excessively easy.

As far as bosses, I've got a few. That dragon from the sky city in TP, the big robot with the four swords in Skyward Sword, Ganondorf in Wind Waker, Dark Link in Ocarina of Time (yeah yeah, mini-boss but it was still way more memorable than the actual boss), and probably a couple others that I'm forgetting.

As far as I can remember right now, the only one I enjoyed in both dungeon and boss was the sand temple in OoT.

I liked the fire and ice sisters

Dungeons I really enjoyed:

Desert Palace (ALTTP)
Tower of Hera (ALTTP)
Ice Palace (ALTTP)
Turtle Rock (ALTTP)
Ganon's Tower (ALTTP)
Forest Temple (OoT)
Shadow Temple (OoT)
Spirit Temple (OoT)
Stone Tower Temple (MM)
Earth Temple (WW)
Wind Temple (WW)

I also love a lot of the dungeons in ALBW, but haven't played the game enough to really pick my favorites. I also can't remember many of the temples from Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, and Phantom Hourglass, so sadly I can't include any from those games.

My favorite bosses (including mini-bosses):

Lanmola (ALTTP)
Moldorm(ALTTP)
Agahnim (ALTTP)
Helmasaur King (ALTTP)
Kholdstare (ALTTP)
Trinexx (ALTTP)
Dark Link (OoT)
Iron Knuckle (OoT & MM)
Volvogia (OoT)
Morpha (OoT)
Bongo Bongo (OoT)
Twinrova (OoT)
Ganon (OoT)
Twinmold (MM)
Majora's Mask/Incarnation/Wrath (MM)
Darknut/Mighty Darknut (WW)
Molgera (WW)
Puppet Ganon (WW)
Moldorm (ALBW)
Gemesaur King (ALBW)
Grinexx (ALBW)

I think that's good enough for now. Perhaps I'll go back and play Link's Awakening and the Oracle games to refresh myself on them so I can add them to the list.

I enjoyed the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time since it was the only temple I could beat without running into any difficulties :) Every other temple gave me hair-pulling frustration that no other video game level has given me (Water Temple, nuff said).

Hmm tough question... Zelda has a lot of amazing nosses/dungeons, but out of all of them I'd have to choose the forest temple, for the reason that it was nice and simple, yet at the same time difficult and entertaining! I also loved facing the forest temple boss (phantom ganondorf) I liked the way they used the pictures in the temple :) very creative Nintendo! Two thumbs up!

The Water Temple by far because sure back in the day it was notorious for its water puzzles and its mazelike structure (and problems switching the Iron Boots on and off). However I really love it (Master Quest and original) because it tests your LoZ puzzle solving and platforming skills. Plus it even has a Shadow Link in it you wouldn't find in any other part of the game. As for creative bosses I'd say I loved Gohma the best because it involved using the first weapons you had and Young Link is a pretty strong child to have taken down a giant bug thing.

I loved the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. It had a lot of puzzles to solve, and I love it when you have to think in a Zelda game.
My favorite Boss in a Zelda game has to be Ghirahim's final form. I just loved fightimg him ove

I really enjoy Thieves Hideout in A Link Between Worlds....the reason being it requires no items, there are some sections that require bombs but there's an enemy that acts essentially like a bomb, so even if you don't have bombs, you can still complete the dungeon. The ability to complete a dungeon with no items is just really unique and I would love to see Nintendo do more dungeons like this in the future.

Best boss ever was the dragon in twilight princcess ''argorock'' ..it was very impressive
Best dungeon for me is the ''city in the sky'' :bag:

Best dungeon was thieves town for me from a link to the past. Taking blind to the sunlight was so brilliant.
Best boss battle would probably be twinrova from Ocarina. It was a smart boss battle, challenging yet not I'm going to break my 3DS hard

My favorite is The King Of The Helmarocs! In Forsaken Fortress at first I couldn't guess how to get in(I didn't expect to blast in)when I did Link is able to beat all the guards who he had to sneek around the first time.Then upon reaching the top you fight a epic boss:the music and the anticipation for him to fly down so you can attack was exiting!

You have to give me the top dungeons in each Zelda game you have played. So much to choose from lol.

Minish cap would have to be the third dungeon.
OoT would have to be the well dungeon
Majoras mask would have to be the Goron ice dungeon

My fave is the boss in Skyward sword that (after you beat it) leads you to the first enchantment to your sword. What was that boss... oh yeah Koloktos. I just LOVE the music and how you can use Kolokto's sword to rip apart his legs, hands, etc

The 5 best dungeons in my opinion:
Forest temple OOT
Shadow temple OOT
Skywiew temple SS
Forbidden Woods WW
Ganons Tower WW

The 5 best bosses in my opinion:
Molgera WW
Twin Rova(Or the Ice wiches) OOT
Bongo Bongo OOT
Dark link OOT
Big OctoWW

The city in the sky in Twilight Princess. Getting a second clawshot and hanging from the walls and rotating pillars.I really like the boss. Getting to stab a dragon in the back with the master sword felt great. If only you can do that with most bosses. Besides that temple, the shadow temple(both OoT and TP) have the same feeling. They both have some difficult puzzles and many places where you have to really use your head to get an object to a specific place.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I loved the twilight temple in TP. Twilight princess is my favorite game of all and I just love the atmosphere of it all. And zant is so funny too! I also the sky temple too! Slaying a dragon in a 3d zelda game was my dream come true when I was a kid. And those double lawsuits. And also the desert temple. That giant skeleton was fun fighting! I wish you could replay boss battles though.

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
Gotta say that my favorite dungeon and boss have to be the Shadow Temple and Bongo Bongo. Dunno whay but they have always had a certain appeal to me, and I like the puzzles with the eye of truth

Back