Bet: If we decide the new logo before July

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
... I will do this: (@Marc, @Spinnerweb, you should remember this)

I will buy a cup with the logo printed, I will make a coffee and I will record a little video saying: "Drinking coffee like a boss".
What ideas has been published so far? (first batch by @Nanamine)
XGSXJmJ.jpg

lL55pDa.jpg

snPE2by.jpg

V4wRe8P.jpg

zDQaHGK.jpg

f0MUnDa.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gB5fjtf.png

93xKval.png

I can do more designs if you tell me how you would like it.

Haha, cool, I want to see that video :p

The one with Mario, Link and Yoshi is the best :D

Can you tell me where is Yoshi? :p

I believe Yoshi is a green dinosaur from our imaginations.

I like the green background one doe

Can you tell me where is Yoshi? :p
That yellow thing looks kind of like Yoshi, and I can't remember the proper name :p

Some reference material that can be used for a new logo:

00001.jpg 00002.jpg 00003.jpg 00004.jpg 00005.jpg

Last edited:
I like the one with Koopa Troopa, Mario, and Link. I think that looks the best.

0.png
Something like this should be nice?
(this is a draft idea)

@Spinnerweb You have Yoshi there!
@dilawer This is the type of quality you meant?

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Wasn't there talk of the new logo having NintendoPedia instead of 3DS? Now that Wii U games are being reviewed and such ...

I think that's the only reason to change the logo myself - if the name stays, I think the current one is fine.

Wasn't there talk of the new logo having NintendoPedia instead of 3DS? Now that Wii U games are being reviewed and such ...

I think that's the only reason to change the logo myself - if the name stays, I think the current one is fine.

But some people don't like it, reason I want to do another one >.>

View attachment 623
Something like this should be nice?
(this is a draft idea)

The Yoshi eggs and Pikachu look horridly out of place, and the 3DS part should be more even. I like it though!

I vote for the first one because it look more similar to how we call the site Wikipedia is an information site about the world but instead our's is for gaming system information, the book make it look more as a pedia since Wikipedia and 3dspedia are similar names.

Just curious but what if you used this SMBDX font and enlarged it. And with a retro NES background of some kind (maybe that or a pic in the SMBDX Album with enemies/other in it).
2pt2i6t.png
75px-SMBDX_Koopa_Pic.PNG

The Yoshi eggs and Pikachu look horridly out of place, and the 3DS part should be more even. I like it though!

It was a draft, I want people to give ideas XD

Just curious but what if you used this SMBDX font and enlarged it. And with a retro NES background of some kind (maybe that or a pic in the SMBDX Album with enemies/other in it).
2pt2i6t.png
75px-SMBDX_Koopa_Pic.PNG

That would be possible, I can do it.

I vote for the first one because it look more similar to how we call the site Wikipedia is an information site about the world but instead our's is for gaming system information, the book make it look more as a pedia since Wikipedia and 3dspedia are similar names.

I can try to make a 3DS in a book, if you want.

I like this one, but it would better without the slogan. Making this really small to fit as a logo might not look good, though. :p

I like this one, but it would better without the slogan. Making this really small to fit as a logo might not look good, though. :p

It should looks like this... (fast edited)
logo3.png

Reactions: Mikaya
It should looks like this... (fast edited)
View attachment 626
I like this one as well. But I don't know, now since we got a different theme, it feels like it blended well, with the background. I don't mind a change though.

I like this one as well. But I don't know, now since we got a different theme, it feels like it blended well, with the background. I don't mind a change though.

that actually doesn't look too bad. I like it. ;)

for some reason I like the 3d-ish effect. :p

In that case, do you think the best option is to make a logo with a 3d-ish effect with a wiki style right?

Try to put a 3ds ansd some book next to hit and the book title can be the art of the Nintendo games

Back