Blame Atlus Giveaway (Free 3DS Game - US eShop)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is now over and we have FOUR winners, :eek:

Money-wise, I'm spending over $100 US for this giveaway cause each winner will have $5 extra eShop credit (assuming they don't have to pay tax / there are no $5 cards on sale, unfortunately) and the small activation fee for the cards.
^ I just thought I should mention that since there are some people who "bad talk" things that people do,
:panda:

Here are the winners :

1st winner: Kurisuellegarden

1. What game do you want from the list?
Shin Megami Tensei IV!

2. Who is Marc's favorite Shin Megami Tensei IV character?
Hikaru

3. What do you think about Atlus?
I've always admired atlus as a very unique gaming company. They take on strange ideas and actually release them to the western market too. I think one of the first few games I played of theirs was Trauma Center. And then I've tried several of their other games. They seem to be unique and there needs to be more gaming companies like them instead of EA.

4. Would you have ever purchased your chosen game?
When it went on sale I would've purchased it on the eShop. :p

5. What do you think about your chosen game from what you've seen so far and what made you choose it?

I believe I've tried the game Persona before and it's similar (or might even be a part of the same series) of Shin Megami Tensei and I love Japanese RPGS. It stands out to me by taking place in Japan and fantasy places. It's very interesting and I miss turn based combats too. Also, hearing about how challenging it is makes me happy. I love intense challenging games. Winning should be a reward! :)

2nd winner: Lamont

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked

Hikaru

To be completely honest, I've never heard of Atlus before play SMT4 so any answer I have might be Bias. I do think the work they did on SMT4 was really good, but like I said since I've never heard of the company before that I don't have a real answer.

I definitely would have if I have the time {Back to back jobs}

5. What do you think about your chosen game from what you've seen so far and what made you choose it?

I think Devil Survivor Overclocked looks like a great game to play, I think what really interests me the most is the storyline. From what I've seen in the trailer the story sounds very rich in content and like SMT4 it seems to have some elements of mystery to it about what's going on. Also, as soon as I pressed the play button for the trailer it seemed like the game was going to be about some kind of Apocalypse which got me interested right away. For me, the hint about the story was another major defining reason for me to choose this game; it just seems like the "let's survive" response hints at some cool gameplay and dynamics. I choose this game because originally this was the game I was going to get instead of SMT4; due to advice and searches I ended up choosing smt4 over it. I think as someone who has played one of the SMT games I would like to play this game to both learn more about the series and to have a chance to play the game that sparked my interest. Also, I've read some reviews about this game and from what I've read the people who played this game seemed to really enjoy it which only increased my interest. Some other reasons I chose this game was the voice acting, a tip from you about the gameplay and the graphics {they look pretty sweet for an older smt game}. To conclude, I choose this game because it looks interesting and seems to have a lot of stuff that I look for in games such as deep story, cool graphics and good gameplay features.

3rd winner: dwikrid

Warning: Contains a spoiler for people who plan to get SMT4.

1. Of course, it's Devil Survivor: Overclocked.
2. Hikaru, The Light Bringer. Her name itself is a reference to Lucifer, anyway XD
3. Atlus is a developer game company you could put your trust good games into. The quality, the story, the gameplay... Though they sometimes make blunders, like monetizing Persona 4 into a wrong way, their games are awesome. Brigandine, SMT and Persona series, publishing good Vanillaware games (Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoires)... Something RPG fans are really expecting.
4. Yes and no, since I've played the DS version.
5. Basically Devil Survivor has both SMT and Persona tastes, so both fans could look forward into it. Though the exploration sucks anyway, the characters are the strongest. Durarara! chara designer put nice taste into them, and what interests me into this remake is the 8th day, and some tweak in Chaos ending(s).
Anyway, YHVH is potrayed as a more benelovent God here (rather than in SMT series).

4th winner: Veneghost

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Hikaru

I think Atlus is a good gaming company best known for the Shin Megami Tensei series, though I really liked trauma center as well, not much people know about that :/ And I think it deserves recognition :p But yea they are a decent company and most certainly respect them for the games they make.

I would because I have always been a fan of Shin Megami Tensei.Just that living in the Caribbean and getting these games are quite difficult because we don't have our own store and I don't have a visa card (something I'm working on though). You could also pay nearly 100% more than you would for the game from stores LOL but who wants to do that? :'(

I have always loved the series like I said. I played the Nocturne and Persona 3 installment and the graphics in Shin Megami Tensei looks amazing. The story also looks very captivating (Flynn looks so coooooool :cry:) What also fueled my excitement for the series and why I MUST get the 3ds version is that the game has gotten a lot of positive reviews over the time.

I'll deliver the eShop credit to each winner when s/he is online. More giveaways are coming.

Some games that interest me and might force my hand to do a giveaway :
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4 (when it hits Europe)
  • Persona Q
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Reactions: 3dsatackman, Reece, Magitroopa and 6 others
Thanks, @Marc! Congratulations to the other winners anyway :)

Whoops, don't you open my answer if you don't want to get spoiled about SMT IV :eek: - oh anyway... Nice movement there, @Marc. Thanks for saving everyone from spoiler :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 and Marc
Congratulations to all the winners! :)
Damn, you guys are so lucky. Hope I will win the next giveaways!
Anyway, thank to @Marc , now I'm addicted to the Persona serie :3

Reactions: 18 and Marc
Congrats to all winners! ;)

Congrats to the winners and have fun ;) !

Reactions: Houari98Houari and 18
Congrats guys hope you enjoy the game

• Persona Q

I KNEW IT!

Congrats to the winners!
I suppose I will enter the next giveaway >.>

Reactions: Marc
Congragoolashuns to the people that won! :)

Congrats to all the winners! Have fun with your new games! I would buy one of them, but I just got Bravely Default two days ago. :p

Wow! This is so exciting. Thanks alot for the opportunity to play this awesome game :)

Reactions: Marc
Congratulations you guys. :)

Thats awesome for you guys! enjoy ur new games!!

Reactions: 18
I've sent out codes to everyone from the post.

Time to get a new SD card!

Oh wow, thanks so much. Congrats to the other winners. Thanks a lot for this Marc. thanks everyone for the congratulations.
-----
By the way @Marc, if you do decide to do a giveaway for those games can you let me know because I would like to collaborate with you to give away a copy of either pokemon Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby

Reactions: Marc and CrazyElf
Congratulation everybody

This is now over and we have FOUR winners, :eek:

Money-wise, I'm spending over $100 US for this giveaway cause each winner will have $5 extra eShop credit (assuming they don't have to pay tax / there are no $5 cards on sale, unfortunately) and the small activation fee for the cards.
^ I just thought I should mention that since there are some people who "bad talk" things that people do,
:panda:

Here are the winners :

1st winner: Kurisuellegarden

Shin Megami Tensei IV!

Hikaru

I've always admired atlus as a very unique gaming company. They take on strange ideas and actually release them to the western market too. I think one of the first few games I played of theirs was Trauma Center. And then I've tried several of their other games. They seem to be unique and there needs to be more gaming companies like them instead of EA.

When it went on sale I would've purchased it on the eShop. :p

I believe I've tried the game Persona before and it's similar (or might even be a part of the same series) of Shin Megami Tensei and I love Japanese RPGS. It stands out to me by taking place in Japan and fantasy places. It's very interesting and I miss turn based combats too. Also, hearing about how challenging it is makes me happy. I love intense challenging games. Winning should be a reward! :)

2nd winner: Lamont

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked

Hikaru

To be completely honest, I've never heard of Atlus before play SMT4 so any answer I have might be Bias. I do think the work they did on SMT4 was really good, but like I said since I've never heard of the company before that I don't have a real answer.

I definitely would have if I have the time {Back to back jobs}

I think Devil Survivor Overclocked looks like a great game to play, I think what really interests me the most is the storyline. From what I've seen in the trailer the story sounds very rich in content and like SMT4 it seems to have some elements of mystery to it about what's going on. Also, as soon as I pressed the play button for the trailer it seemed like the game was going to be about some kind of Apocalypse which got me interested right away. For me, the hint about the story was another major defining reason for me to choose this game; it just seems like the "let's survive" response hints at some cool gameplay and dynamics. I choose this game because originally this was the game I was going to get instead of SMT4; due to advice and searches I ended up choosing smt4 over it. I think as someone who has played one of the SMT games I would like to play this game to both learn more about the series and to have a chance to play the game that sparked my interest. Also, I've read some reviews about this game and from what I've read the people who played this game seemed to really enjoy it which only increased my interest. Some other reasons I chose this game was the voice acting, a tip from you about the gameplay and the graphics {they look pretty sweet for an older smt game}. To conclude, I choose this game because it looks interesting and seems to have a lot of stuff that I look for in games such as deep story, cool graphics and good gameplay features.

3rd winner: dwikrid

Warning: Contains a spoiler for people who plan to get SMT4.

1. Of course, it's Devil Survivor: Overclocked.
2. Hikaru, The Light Bringer. Her name itself is a reference to Lucifer, anyway XD
3. Atlus is a developer game company you could put your trust good games into. The quality, the story, the gameplay... Though they sometimes make blunders, like monetizing Persona 4 into a wrong way, their games are awesome. Brigandine, SMT and Persona series, publishing good Vanillaware games (Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoires)... Something RPG fans are really expecting.
4. Yes and no, since I've played the DS version.
5. Basically Devil Survivor has both SMT and Persona tastes, so both fans could look forward into it. Though the exploration sucks anyway, the characters are the strongest. Durarara! chara designer put nice taste into them, and what interests me into this remake is the 8th day, and some tweak in Chaos ending(s).
Anyway, YHVH is potrayed as a more benelovent God here (rather than in SMT series).

4th winner: Veneghost

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Hikaru

I think Atlus is a good gaming company best known for the Shin Megami Tensei series, though I really liked trauma center as well, not much people know about that :/ And I think it deserves recognition :p But yea they are a decent company and most certainly respect them for the games they make.

I would because I have always been a fan of Shin Megami Tensei.Just that living in the Caribbean and getting these games are quite difficult because we don't have our own store and I don't have a visa card (something I'm working on though). You could also pay nearly 100% more than you would for the game from stores LOL but who wants to do that? :'(

I have always loved the series like I said. I played the Nocturne and Persona 3 installment and the graphics in Shin Megami Tensei looks amazing. The story also looks very captivating (Flynn looks so coooooool :cry:) What also fueled my excitement for the series and why I MUST get the 3ds version is that the game has gotten a lot of positive reviews over the time.

I'll deliver the eShop credit to each winner when s/he is online. More giveaways are coming.

• Persona Q
Congrats to everyone that won!! (@Kurisuellegarden, @dwikrid, @Lamont and @Veneghost) ^.^ You guys deserved it!

congrats winners

Grats winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back