Browser add-ons?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Do you have any add-on for your browser? maybe some useful toolbars? which ones do you have?

i got something that will download a video to my computer from firefox as well as a browser firewall called bluhell 2.0 it also a firefox addon

I use Readability to read web pages offline.

I have my Avast Antivirus Addon and a Adobe Reader addon and some that come with my browser because i am using chrome and some addons are very useful sometimes

I think that the add-on that I use on my browser and I find quite most useful would be Ad-Block :p since it is very efficient for those annoying adds that pop around other websites , I also use the Norton Anti-Virus add-on as well as another add-on of another site that I use .

avira add-on, because that is also my virus scanner, and Ad-block plus. Though keep warned, because some add-ons are prettty nasty to remove etc.

AdBlock and only AdBlock =/

AdblockPlus, Avast Online Security, Nimbus Screenshot, and that's it. I don't use very many extensions on Chrome. You really don't need them for an optimal browsing experience.

Toolbars are sh*t. I only use Adblock, Browsec, Norton Identity Safe, and Pushbullet on my Google Chrome browser.

I use Firefox and have a whole plethora of security and privacy addons installed. Adblock, BetterPrivacy, Privacy Badger, Ghostery, NoScript, Blender, HTTPS Everywhere, that kind of thing. I've also got some aesthetic stuff like an addon to turn Youtube black, because it's totally beyond me why that's not already a built-in feature.

Addblock, addblock pro, and 360 addon(antivirus)

Adblock but it's disabled for this site, :p

It doesn't really have anything to do with this site, but i use Norton 360 for my Chrome browser as well as binger for all of my "wanting bing rewards points without effort" needs. :p

I got
  • Evernote clipper, I don't use it very often but it's great for saving and storing webpages
  • Adblock Plus, obvious reasons
  • DuckDuckGo, I don't know why I guess I'll use it someday?
  • Stylish, to customise websites. I mainly use it on youtube (blue details and paper background :love:)
  • Turn Off The Lights, darkens the page when you're watching a video/gif
  • Ghostery, shows/blocks all the trackers
  • ZenMate, a pretty great free VPN and it's actually fast

I use Firefox and have a whole plethora of security and privacy addons installed. Adblock, BetterPrivacy, Privacy Badger, Ghostery, NoScript, Blender, HTTPS Everywhere, that kind of thing. I've also got some aesthetic stuff like an addon to turn Youtube black, because it's totally beyond me why that's not already a built-in feature.
Could you tell me ore about those? I got Ghostery and ABP, but what about those others? Do they all work together?

Could you tell me ore about those? I got Ghostery and ABP, but what about those others? Do they all work together?
Sure thing! It's just layers and layers of security since I'm into that kind of thing. You can usually install 'em and forget about 'em. I forgot I even had Privacy Badger until I looked at my addons list, and the only reason I remember BetterPrivacy is because it creates a popup asking if I want it to delete stuff when I close Firefox. Anyway, in summary:
Privacy Badger - prevents ads and third parties from tracking your browsing
NoScript - blocks webpages from executing potentially harmful Javascript and things, requires some setup and configuration but you usually forget you even have it once you've got the hang of it
BetterPrivacy - Finds and allows you to remove special kinds of cookies that don't usually get picked up otherwise
Blender - spoofs browser information to better blend in with the crowd
HTTPS Everywhere - encrypts connections to force HTTPS rather than less secure HTTP connections

Sure thing! It's just layers and layers of security since I'm into that kind of thing. You can usually install 'em and forget about 'em. I forgot I even had Privacy Badger until I looked at my addons list, and the only reason I remember BetterPrivacy is because it creates a popup asking if I want it to delete stuff when I close Firefox. Anyway, in summary:
Privacy Badger - prevents ads and third parties from tracking your browsing
NoScript - blocks webpages from executing potentially harmful Javascript and things, requires some setup and configuration but you usually forget you even have it once you've got the hang of it
BetterPrivacy - Finds and allows you to remove special kinds of cookies that don't usually get picked up otherwise
Blender - spoofs browser information to better blend in with the crowd
HTTPS Everywhere - encrypts connections to force HTTPS rather than less secure HTTP connections
Hey thanks! I'll take a closer look at the bottom three, those sound interesting.

On Firefox, I use Ad-Block Plus (an absolute god send), New Tab Wallpapers (so I can customise the New Tab page with my own images, instead of the bland grey screen) and No Squint (so that pages open up at a certain size, pretty sure I have it to a normal size right now but I used to use it when I had a crappy monitor!).

I updated my laptop a long time ago. :3

I added:
  • Dictionary toolbar (learn vocabulary ^-^)
  • Pop-up notes. Because I forget stuff. It's not a bad thing k? ;~;
  • Evernote clipper - I use it for clipping articles for my Inquiry project.
  • Adblock. duh :p

While I don't have any actual add-ons, I used to have Speedbit Video Downloader, but it became outdated and obsolete as there are better ways to download most things and I'm not interested in the ones it can exclusively download anymore. Also, while not an add-on, I like having the XJZ Survey Remover bookmark! It's really handy and I always keep it on the first slot of my "bookmarks" toolbar! It's basically for when you enter a site that has a pop-up which blocks the page and requires a survey to dismiss, just click on it and the survey window will be gone, unlocking the page! If you are interested in it, just right click on this and choose bookmark this link!

adblock, now it's only on when i'm at home, and might be turned for pedia, where ads never bothered me anyway, but i'm not sure if it is.

Back