Cannot display the software on the SD Card. The SD Card could not be accessed

• Thread starter Alegria
  • Start date
Alegria

Alegria

Alegria ♪ Caca0ch0c0lat
Towns Folk
I need help right now... I'm really stressed...

My N3ds worked fine yesterday, I just turned it off to take the SD card and put it in my computer to add a music for the sound app. when I put it in again, Cannot display the software on the SD Card. The SD Card could not be accessed.
I've tried the previous SD card which works perfectly, and I've put my SD card to my computer to repair it... there was nothng to repair according to my computer and it worked just fine on it... I've put again my SD card to my DS and I saw it say it wanted to write new files for the console and got scared it erased the files that were there! So I switched off! Thing is I have a bzckup on my computer, of June the 11th! I know perfectly if I put this on my SD card and manage to use it, if for example I try to use Pokémon Y (downloaded) it will tell me it wasn't the latest datas and I have to erase the file and start from nothing... I can't. I just can't do that. I can't start all my games from the beginning! Help me please!

Hmmm I'm not really sure but have you tried removing the music you installed you may have not put music on but a corrupted file

I'll try, but I'm sure the music is fine, beside it's in the "sound" file I created for that, it shouldn't concern the apps file or anything!

You may not have put the right music file on it may have been something else

nope, even removing it doesn't help

Hmm and this is the "New" 3DS not the regular 3ds

no. It's the Nintendo 3DSXL

Ok is the sd set to lock? And do you have an extra sd if so I might know how to fix?

I checked the lock, if it was locked it would give me a different error message and I made sure the lock was completely on "unlock" position

I've tried the previous SD card which works perfectly, and I've put my SD card to my computer to repair it... there was nothng to repair according to my computer and it worked just fine on it...

Do you have an extra sd card?

didn't you read?

Well you might have to transfer data to other sd so you'll still have your games because when you put it in the computer you may have damaged it

thing is I can't make fit the datas from my current SD to my previous SD, since I bough that one because the previous was too small... and even tough... if my computer says the SD is ok, where should be the problem that the other SD could solve?

Well it may have got damaged and the 3ds must be sensitive to that and if you may need to get a bigger sd card so you can have more space

Did you press the icon to safely remove the SD card before removing it from your computer when putting the music on it?

And do you still get the "Cannot display the software on the SD Card. The SD Card could not be accessed" error when you try to turn on your 3DS or do you get another error to write new files? (what files, exactly).

Actually I make sure my N3DSXL is off before to take the SD card, and I make sure my computer tells me I can safely take it.
I can't even have access to my theme, it's when I turn the console on it tells me that. I tried several times, even blowing in the sd thing (I know it's wrong to do it but it can solve things)... my old 16 GB sd card still works fine but my current 32 GB always says the same error.

I tried to copy my 32GB datas to my 16GB, but even doing one part at a time, I can't move the SDcard/Nintendo 3DS/lotsofnumbers/lotsofnumbers/title file because it's too big. I erased the most useless files in the 16GB, but I can't and I can'y buy another 32GB card

I tried to copy my 32GB datas to my 16GB, but even doing one part at a time, I can't move the SDcard/Nintendo 3DS/lotsofnumbers/lotsofnumbers/title file because it's too big. I erased the most useless files in the 16GB, but I can't and I can'y buy another 32GB card
If the other SD card works, the problem might be with the SD card. The only thing I can think of atm is to get a new SD card and transfer the files to see if that helps.

You could also try wiping the SD card with a dry cloth and putting it in every once in a while to see if the problem goes away.

@Hayleia might have some more advice for you before going through with the SD card replacement when possible though.

Reactions: Alegria
Guys... I just tried again and now... miracle... it works perfectly! I have all my games and their saves, everything in order, just by pulling the card out and in and switch the console on again!

Reactions: Marc
My SD card has false contacts, my games close abruptly and return to the normal menu with all the normal datas (saying the same thing as when you try to remove a play cartridge while playing) and sometimes I can't see any data like just before, with the same error message

@Hayleia could you help me with this? I still have the problem so I don't play a lot because i fear false contacts while saving.

Back