SSB Cloud in Super Smash Bros.

• Thread starter DarkXorius
  • Start date
Its cool that he is getting in smash bros to be dlc. I think that he is going to be an over powered character. But he is not from the smash ballot. Smash ballot characters have not even been showed yet.

Throughout the whole Direct,I was most excited to see the Smash Ballot results.There were some interesting and awesome stuff being shown,but Smash was still in my mind the whole time.When the character came in though,I didn't expect at all to see a Final Fantasy at the game and even more Cloud over others like the ones that have appeared in the SNES games.I also noticed he was not the Ballot winner later,as no mention of that was done and I didn't see Cloud in a lot of wanted characters lists from other people.I never played Final Fantasy before(closest thing was with FF characters in Mario Slam Basketball and Mario Sports Mix actually :p ),but it was awesome to see what the character's fighting style was generally.He does seem like a fast and precise swordsman,even if his sword did look heavy for him by glance. :writing:
Because I started reading the Kingdom Hearts manga recently(which I'm really liking so far),I was wanting Sora a bit more to be the Square Enix representative,but Cloud is fine personally. :thumbsup:

Cloud should be fun to play as! Kinda lost on where some of you are equating materia to shulk's arts. Though to be fair, it sounds like some of you haven't played it before.

The materia animation there is basically how spells were cast in FF7, and materia themselves essentially is what let characters use different spells, or summons. (equip the ice materia to cloud, and he could do the ice spells in it. If in weapon it also let him hit with ice affinity, or block it if it was in armor)

For those of you that played Bravely Second, Limit Breaks were kinda like the specials you could use. A couple of the projectile attacks he has look like the starting limit breaks he got, and his final smash is clearly going to be omnislash which was the top tier one you got.

Also, loved the bit with cloud and ike at the end. Such a blatent reference to the cloud/sephiroth duel at the end. :D

Is weird that he's in the game though. I mean there have been FF games that have come to the DS and 3DS as of late, and Cloud is debatably the most well known FF character, but it's still bizzare to see this being a thing. Wonder if they'll bring FF7 to the Wii U or the NX in the future somehow. That'd be interesting.

Clearly not a ballot character though, seemed pretty obvious to me that it's going to be shown in December.

I'll have to watch it again and see if I can pick out what's supposed to be actual moves, or taunts.

I'm honestly very disheartened about Cloud being in smash, not because of him personally though. I'm using the assumption that 3rd party companies will have 1 representative. I really wanted Sakuraba Neku in smash because The World Ends With You was my favorite DS game. It's not really fair for Cloud, who hasn't been in any 'main' Nintendo game. Since Square Enix has Cloud in now, Neku will never have a shot anymore since he was not popular to begin with. Neku even has his model from KHDDD and such a large move set.

This is me just complaining though. Still a great addition to smash but my dreams are crushed.

The fact that Cloud is going to be in smash goes to show that anything is possible lol. From looking at the trailer, some of his move sets are going to be similar to Ike's, along with some moves unique to him. Sakurai played with all of our emotions when he was unveiled. xD

When cloud comes out to dlc I would buy him and he would become my new main because he is my fave chariter in final fantise games because he has that long sword he uses i battle alot and i would use him in any fight no matter wha and there isn't going to be a day were i'm not going to play as him.

Shrek is still a better pick than cloud imo
Bruh, please.

Anyways, I guess I can give Cloud a chance. It may be sad we aren't seeing veterans making a return but as a swordfighter enthusiast and someone with a slight interest in Final Fantasy, I'm willing to give Cloud a chance and make him the first Sm4sh DLC I get. And if he does seem similar to Shulk, then he will probably be easy for me to handle.

I didn't see it coming...
I never saw Shulk appearing, I was baffled by Duck Hunt, wonderfully surprised by Ryu's entry, Little Mac and Palutena amused me...
I don't know how to feel with Cloud. No seriously! I gave up on deciding how to feel on this.

I didn't see him coming to smash 4, and i doubt no one else did!
Alot of people i know are mad though, Saying there's just way to many swordfighters in smash 4.
But im really happy he's in, Always wanted to play a ff game so now's my chance! Cant wait for the release of that final fantasy game on 3ds.

Reactions: 423
Back