College Major

• Thread starter Lamont
  • Start date
That would be hard to tell. It could be that it is both until the "energy input" (I belive that is what its called) is added to the qbit and use reasoning to determin the best of the two choises, then after that, it would inturn deactivate the unused/unwanted half and keep the other number. Now on to the possibility of them both being off. I don't believe that both would be off because from what I've read about it, it uses logical thinking to determine a awnser. Without knowing what the awnsers could be, what would it have to go off of? With binary you only have to say yes or no, with quantum computing you have to give an awnser like, a specific object. It doesn't make sence to me to have them both off in that case. I may be wrong but I do believe that they would have to both be on to work with quantum computing.

That would be hard to tell. It could be that it is both until the "energy input" (I belive that is what its called) is added to the qbit and use reasoning to determin the best of the two choises, then after that, it would inturn deactivate the unused/unwanted half and keep the other number. Now on to the possibility of them both being off. I don't believe that both would be off because from what I've read about it, it uses logical thinking to determine a awnser. Without knowing what the awnsers could be, what would it have to go off of? With binary you only have to say yes or no, with quantum computing you have to give an awnser like, a specific object. It doesn't make sence to me to have them both off in that case. I may be wrong but I do believe that they would have to both be on to work with quantum computing.
Are you familiar with quantum entanglement? Also from what I read is that quantum entanglement and quantum superposition are used to perform operations on data.

Are you familiar with quantum entanglement? Also from what I read is that quantum entanglement and quantum superposition are used to perform operations on data.
I haven't heard of those, I'm still somewhat new to this, but would they happen to be used in a Qbit to process the operations?

I haven't heard of those, I'm still somewhat new to this, but would they happen to be used in a Qbit to process the operations?
Apparently one should be able to solve more complex problems and have a larger capacity.

I'm currently taking up Electronics and Communications Engineering.

Law. Almost nobody plays video games in college (sniff)

I haven't heard many people majoring in Accounting or Economics...Like who doesn't like money.

I haven't heard many people majoring in Accounting or Economics...Like who doesn't like money.

Surprisingly does not make half as much money as one would believe, particularly economics. You want money you get an MBA, or if you're good enough Computer Science (and can get into a good college)

Surprisingly does not make half as much money as one would believe, particularly economics. You want money you get an MBA, or if you're good enough Computer Science (and can get into a good college)
I'd have to disagree to a certain point. Economics isn't just about money, its also about the resources around it. Me, myself, I am taking courses in both computer science and accounting. It truly depends on the specific field your going in, but like any other college major, it depends on what you do with it.

I'd have to disagree to a certain point. Economics isn't just about money, its also about the resources around it. Me, myself, I am taking courses in both computer science and accounting. It truly depends on the specific field your going in, but like any other college major, it depends on what you do with it.

Oh what I meant was in terms of salary itself, economics just isn't appreciated like it used to be, especially outside the US. There's a shocking lack of jobs available in the teaching profession particularly for economics at all levels, and think tanks/development planning programs just seem to not care like they used to.

Oh what I meant was in terms of salary itself, economics just isn't appreciated like it used to be, especially outside the US. There's a shocking lack of jobs available in the teaching profession particularly for economics at all levels, and think tanks/development planning programs just seem to not care like they used to.
Well, that certainly would explain why no government can be able to do a simple task called managing what they do have. But now we are in the political side of education. I'd be hesisitant for any career because there's virtually no gurantee of the job actually working out. You would have more control if you started a business, but then again, the stats on that aren't great. While Computer Science is great, some of what they come up with is just unneeded, in my opinion. You can always tell which company has decent CS, and those that don't. I would personally learn the skills I want on my own time, not spend time/money for it as a major in college. (Just because you get a good grade in it, doesn't translate to future success, just means that student can satisfy what the professor wants.)
Its sort of a double-edge sword. Me, personally, I'm into history, and messing with stuff on the computer, so maybe I shouldn't pursue economics. I haven't fully commited on my major yet either. Time is running out though.

Well, that certainly would explain why no government can be able to do a simple task called managing what they do have. But now we are in the political side of education. I'd be hesisitant for any career because there's virtually no gurantee of the job actually working out. You would have more control if you started a business, but then again, the stats on that aren't great. While Computer Science is great, some of what they come up with is just unneeded, in my opinion. You can always tell which company has decent CS, and those that don't. I would personally learn the skills I want on my own time, not spend time/money for it as a major in college. (Just because you get a good grade in it, doesn't translate to future success, just means that student can satisfy what the professor wants.)
Its sort of a double-edge sword. Me, personally, I'm into history, and messing with stuff on the computer, so maybe I shouldn't pursue economics. I haven't fully commited on my major yet either. Time is running out though.

I was really into history too, but at the end of the day I sat and looked at job careers after and honestly there's just so little scope to do anything, especially outside the US. We're in an age where innovation and discovery is next to impossible

Back