Gen 6 Coloured Cartridges? (OR/AS)

• Thread starter TheSuperKid
  • Start date

Do you think the Cartridges will be coloured?

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
TheSuperKid

TheSuperKid

Ride on!
Towns Folk
It was a very small addition but judging by the European and Japanese box cover for the games,
pokemon_omega_ruby_alpha_sapphire_3ds_case.jpg

with the red and blue case outlines, do you think the cartridges could be coloured like the original ruby and sapphire? I think it's a very small idea but it looks neat.
Here are the old cartridges:
pokemonrubysapphire_022603_cartridges.jpg

(Thanks to the owner of the picture)

Oh, and it'll be nice if the cartridges were transparent as well.

Transparency isn't really needed, and I'm not sure it can be done with 3DS cartridges, but I agree that coloured cartridges (like what they did with all the Gen 3 Pokémon Games) would be great.

Since it has a colored packaging a colored cartridge won't be needed. Ever since Gen 4 there hasn't been colored cartridges so I'm guessing we won't be having one anytime soon. After all, that was a thing of the past (like saying LoZ OoT 3D would have a gold game card). Good to think of them if they were colored for art purposes but that would be just it.

This seems like a nice idea, adding colored game cards looks nice. I would like the cartridge to be translucent, though.

It's not something that is necessary, or really important, but it would be nice to see it colored, I highly doubt it though, since they haven't done that since those GBA Pokemon games.

I think they will be colored. They would look much more pretty! xD

Well, I purchase my games digitally, so I don't really care. I think the majority of people want them to be colored but I really doubt they will, as others have said, they haven't since the GBA games.

I do think it would be cool if you downloaded them and the white border around the icon was colored though. I'd like that!

I do think it would be cool if you downloaded them and the white border around the icon was colored though. I'd like that!
That would be nice, too bad they don't pay attention to little details like that!

I gotta admit, this does look beautiful:
tumblr_n59992ecaZ1t48mn8o1_1280.png

tumblr_n594upXx1y1t48mn8o1_500.jpg

Too bad it's a FAKE.

Nice o.o

That would be nice, too bad they don't pay attention to little details like that!

I gotta admit, this does look beautiful:
tumblr_n59992ecaZ1t48mn8o1_1280.png

tumblr_n594upXx1y1t48mn8o1_500.jpg

Too bad it's a FAKE.
Crud that looks aMAZing.
These little touches are what made everything much cooler. I wish it wasn't a fake.

Crud that looks aMAZing.
These little touches are what made everything much cooler. I wish it wasn't a fake.
Same, it would be a definite collectors item with that. I still remember being amazed by my Emerald cartridge for the GBA, it was so pretty.

Reactions: TheSuperKid
That would be great if that was true. Reminds me of my LeafGreen cartridge. And, thinking of it, all the Pokémon Games (except Crystal) had coloured cartridges since the the first Gameboy.

So, well, unless somebody find out how to open a 3DS Cartridge and replace the plastic, I guess that's in our dreams that we'll get these coloured cartridges... :cry:

I don't know for sure but I have a feeling that both these cartridges will have their respective colors. Honestly, these would look really awesome with the colors.

Umm after seeing those cartridges, I kinda prefer the good old white ones ...
but I'm loving the box arts !

Umm after seeing those cartridges, I kinda prefer the good old white ones ...
but I'm loving the box arts !
Why the white ones? Don't you think a little splash of colors on these cartridges looks much more sexy? then again, it's everybody's taste.

Why the white ones? Don't you think a little splash of colors on these cartridges looks much more sexy? then again, it's everybody's taste.
it's just not as stylish as the white one for my taste (or black ds cartridge) because that white goes with all the other colors of the logos and it's great to have a universal cartridge type.

I think coloured cartridges would be pretty and traditional because the originals had coloured cartridges. Maybe if they added an addon on the card with something special. Next remake they should make everything change colours when the cartridge is inserted :D

Yeah, I agree, it's all based on everyone's personal taste, but that's just a fan-made fake, I can imagine the real one being amazing, especially up close (retail), :love: My hopes are getting too high now.

Considering that for the most part, the cartridge would be in the console (and therefore out of view) I don't see the point in making it look snazzy.

Considering that for the most part, the cartridge would be in the console (and therefore out of view) I don't see the point in making it look snazzy.
That's true but I remember that coloured cartridges were one of the main reasons that I bought Pokemon (Sapphire). Since it looks nice and glossy it could actually be a selling point for the games. Of course, however, not for everyone.

Back