Could we see Minecraft on the Wii U someday?

• Thread starter Morgan643DS
  • Start date
Morgan643DS

Morgan643DS

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
So I was on the eshop one day and I ran into some very Minecraft-like games. It made me wonder, will Minecraft ever come to the eshop? Well, it seems that Nintendo is kind of trying to get along with third party companies, so it might be possible. Not only that, but it would go really well for both companies. The Xbox version of Minecraft will finally be able to have skins of Nintendo characters, plus Nintendo could release DLC for the game later on down the line. So will we see Minecraft come to the Wii U anytime soon? Only time will tell. Let me know your thoughts on the subject.

The Mods And Skin Packs Could Be FREE DLC

Reactions: Morgan643DS
I doubt it now that Microsoft owns minecraft.

I highly doubt it. Nintendo has a history of being competitive, so if it does happen, I'll probably end up eating my shorts.

Now that microsoft owns minecraft, it's extremely unlikely that we will ever see it on wii u. The good news is that there are plenty of other clones and mimecraft knockoffs that may appear in the store instead! They may even be better then the game they're ripping off, since they could add in new features and things like that that MINECRAFT doesn't have

Now that microsoft owns minecraft, it's extremely unlikely that we will ever see it on wii u. The good news is that there are plenty of other clones and mimecraft knockoffs that may appear in the store instead! They may even be better then the game they're ripping off, since they could add in new features and things like that that MINECRAFT doesn't have
THERE is a game on 3DS called Cube Creator 3D. It's kinda like Minecraft.

No i do not think that minecraft could be on wii u. Microsoft owns minecraft and I do not think that they would want minecraft on another console. Minecraft is on playstation but that was before Microsoft owned Minecraft. But I think that minecraft on the wii u would control very well. But I would also want minecraft to be available to the 3ds if it did come to the wii u. I really wish that this would happen but I highly doubt it.

Well, as everyone says, Microsoft does own Minecraft, so it does make it very unlikely that there will be a Minecraft on a Nintendo console such as the Wii U, though I surely would like that :D So you can only hope for a clone game like Cube Creator 3d to some for the Wii U .

Microsoft owning Minecraft has nothing to do with it. They're still bringing updates to the PlayStation versions of the game.

The simple truth is the Wii U wouldn't sell enough copies.

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan and Morgan643DS
Microsoft owning Minecraft has nothing to do with it. They're still bringing updates to the PlayStation versions of the game.

The simple truth is the Wii U wouldn't sell enough copies.
Not actually true the only reason Minecraft is not for Wii U is because IT'S OWNED BY MICROSOFT. The only reason minecraft is on PS4 is because it was before Microsoft bought it. AND the only reason IT GETS UPDATED is because first PS3/4 Gamers would rage and THEY ARE STILL MAKING MONEY BY PEOPLE BUYING IT AND DLC'S

Not actually true the only reason Minecraft is not for Wii U is because IT'S OWNED BY MICROSOFT. The only reason minecraft is on PS4 is because it was before Microsoft bought it. AND the only reason IT GETS UPDATED is because first PS3/4 Gamers would rage and THEY ARE STILL MAKING MONEY BY PEOPLE BUYING IT AND DLC'S

1. Stop raging.

2. You're wrong.

I'm actually right.

You literally proved my point, btw. "They are still making money by people buying it and DLC's"

They're keeping it updated on Sony because it IS making money. If it were on Wii U it wouldn't make that much, hence why they aren't putting it there.

Microsoft isn't stupid. They're going to take advantage of any money opportunity they find.

You literally proved my point, btw. "They are still making money by people buying it and DLC's"

They're keeping it updated on Sony because it IS making money. If it were on Wii U it wouldn't make that much, hence why they aren't putting it there.

Microsoft isn't stupid. They're going to take advantage of any money opportunity they find.
No I didn't I'm saying that's why they keep it on PS4.

I WISH! I realy realy RREEEAAALLLYYY want it to come 2 wii u. (and maybe 3ds.)

Mine Craft won't be seen on Wii U most likely ever. Mine-Craft is slowly going down at the moment, though there's tons of fan-base still, and new people coming to play, it's gradually descending. Nintendo would want the game constantly coming up to make a deal, and even if they decide they want to, Microsoft probably won't. The chances are slim. Virtually impossible.

I WISH! I realy realy RREEEAAALLLYYY want it to come 2 wii u. (and maybe 3ds.)
Mine Craft won't be seen on Wii U most likely ever. Mine-Craft is slowly going down at the moment, though there's tons of fan-base still, and new people coming to play, it's gradually descending. Nintendo would want the game constantly coming up to make a deal, and even if they decide they want to, Microsoft probably won't. The chances are slim. Virtually impossible.
1. Stop raging.

2. You're wrong.
No i do not think that minecraft could be on wii u. Microsoft owns minecraft and I do not think that they would want minecraft on another console. Minecraft is on playstation but that was before Microsoft owned Minecraft. But I think that minecraft on the wii u would control very well. But I would also want minecraft to be available to the 3ds if it did come to the wii u. I really wish that this would happen but I highly doubt it.
So I was on the eshop one day and I ran into some very Minecraft-like games. It made me wonder, will Minecraft ever come to the eshop? Well, it seems that Nintendo is kind of trying to get along with third party companies, so it might be possible. Not only that, but it would go really well for both companies. The Xbox version of Minecraft will finally be able to have skins of Nintendo characters, plus Nintendo could release DLC for the game later on down the line. So will we see Minecraft come to the Wii U anytime soon? Only time will tell. Let me know your thoughts on the subject.
Cube-Life is Nintendo's MineCraft

Lets go over the facts:
Microsoft owns Two things Minecraft and the dreaded XBOX!!!!!!
Nintendo on the other hand, owns the Wii u, a competing console with the Xbox.
In order for both company's to make profit Nintendo would have to buy Minecraft approval for the Wii u, for about $10,000, sell each game for $70 and have a royalty deal with Microsoft, about 20% each game they sell, Nintendo would get $56 each game they sell and would have to sell 179 copies to make a profit. Microsoft would get $10,000 in advance, and $14 per game, Microsoft would make money for sure but Nintendo might make a loss, but one thing! Who in their right mind would buy Minecraft for $70!! Also Microsoft hates Nintendo, and Nintendo might make a loss. So in conclusion, chances of Mincraft on Wii u are slim. though if Nintendo could lose money Microsoft might go for it, but Nintendo could also MAKE money, too much risk for Microsoft. And since no matter what Microsoft makes a profit mean that NINTENDO does not want to buy authorization to Minecraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killer B and Morgan643DS
Lets go over the facts:
Microsoft owns Two things Minecraft and the dreaded XBOX!!!!!!
Nintendo on the other hand, owns the Wii u, a competing console with the Xbox.
In order for both company's to make profit Nintendo would have to buy Minecraft approval for the Wii u, for about $10,000, sell each game for $70 and have a royalty deal with Microsoft, about 20% each game they sell, Nintendo would get $56 each game they sell and would have to sell 179 copies to make a profit. Microsoft would get $10,000 in advance, and $14 per game, Microsoft would make money for sure but Nintendo might make a loss, but one thing! Who in their right mind would buy Minecraft for $70!! Also Microsoft hates Nintendo, and Nintendo might make a loss. So in conclusion, chances of Mincraft on Wii u are slim. though if Nintendo could lose money Microsoft might go for it, but Nintendo could also MAKE money, too much risk for Microsoft. And since no matter what Microsoft makes a profit mean that NINTENDO does not want to buy authorization to Minecraft.

Those are the facts. We'll most likely never see Mine Craft on a Nintendo device. It's too much of a leap for Nintendo. They could sell tons of copies for 15 bucks, but they'd have to get a deal with Microsoft and sell fifty times more copies of Mine Craft if it was at 15 bucks. It ultimately go up to 40-60$ if they wanted good profit, and most people won't buy it for 60$. I mean, they'd sell copies for sure, but it wouldn't be worth it.

Back