Contest Create character designs for a Horror RPG

• Thread starter Pandaxclone2
  • Start date
Is there a link I can follow? I can't see the original post.

Here you go:

As some of you may know, I've been working on a project for a Horror RPG game. What I lack at this time are character designs. As such I am making this contest. The goal is to create a character design for four different characters. You may submit as many entries for any of the characters as you wish but the minimum entry is 1 design for 1 character. If you wish to, portrait side shots are acceptable.

The winners of this competition will have their design used in the game, recieve a private demo preview showcasing the characters and the game via PM, and also get their names in the credits of the finished product. Finally you will recieve a cameo in the form of a monster. (This is up to you if you wish to be in or not, but describing a persona you want for the monster can work just as well.)

On to the characters:

1. The Protagonist

She is a human female who is born from a Kitsune. As such, she will exhibit some extent of magical power to her behaviour. She will be 13 years old as of the events of the game, has blue eyes and brown hair. She may or may not be holding a teddy bear.

To give some reference pictures:
photo-2466.png
Looking for this style to her, and hair similar to this girl but possibly shorter/smaller:
10565131_469681639845493_2331878168353964741_n.png

2. Protagonist's Mother

She is the Kitsune mother of the protagonist. As such they should bear some semblance to each other. She will only usually be shown through photos and flashbacks until the end of the game because she had passed away. The idea for this character is to hint to her Kitsune nature through the shape of her hair or other details without outright saying it. For example, hair sticking out in a way that looks like fox ears. If you're feeling very creative you can drop other hints in the design. Maybe make her brown hair look darker than the protagonist's

Another thing that may come to pass is this character being encountered near the end of the game in the form of a ghost. She should look mostly the same here but her whole appearance looking spectral or the color washed out, her hair either black or messy, or both, and her normal blue eyes now looking grey to symbolise an emptyness in her.

3. Masked Man

This person will be a detective who has taken to wearing a mask for reasons not explained to the player. He will sometimes function as a save point throughout the game. It's uncertain wether or not he will reveal his face but the design of his mask is important. It needs to invoke a mysterious feeling yet not scary looking. A Japanese mask should do and the design should be minimal and smooth, for example like here:
1824eee317ed56b9c8501265f08eaba5.jpg

The pattern of the mask is completely up to you.

4. Antagonist

Little has been decided on who or what this person is, but possible ideas is that they are someone who is looking to bring someone else back to life through means of capturing a kitsune or her daughter, they could be the father of the family, or they could be whoever else you can imagine. Two important things to take into account though are the fact that they kill the player's mother, and they are also male. I guess I'm looking for an intimidating look or something similar. Again, up to you how you design this character.

I have not set a closing date for this competition yet but once enough entries are submitted I will project a close date on this post.

In the meantime, good luck! :D

Oh, okay. So no PC rewards. Alright. I'll get my entries in to you as soon as possible. (Although, can I submit a design for more than one character?)

Here Is My Design:
XQxYET3crjTE8F2z9-C2buWInS5_upucoMAlglWPuZa1PgSzuoX39fVug2F48n4LLi-7=s114
I Know It Sucks... Oh Well... THNXS!!!

Reactions: 2179
Here Is My Design:
Confident in your arts! Its look good to me!

also can you make a picture a bit bigger? xp

I'll have my entries in by next week. I'M GOING FULL ARTIST MODE ON THIS SSHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh..........stuff. (Am I not allowed to say $#!+ ?)

Oh, okay. So no PC rewards. Alright. I'll get my entries in to you as soon as possible. (Although, can I submit a design for more than one character?)

Apologies for that. I'm quite poor at the moment with PC. :p

And you may submit more than one for any of them.

Did u thought about characters names yrt?

Apologies for that. I'm quite poor at the moment with PC. :p

And you may submit more than one for any of them.
Ok, THANK YOU!!!!

Did u thought about characters names yrt?

I have not but I was going to take the time to look up some names or create one. (Doing other things at the same time has mostly absorbed it.)

If you wish to tag your design with a name you may do that.

Here Is My Design:

I'm not quite sure but is it the protagonist or the masked man?

Last edited:
Masked man
I have not but I was going to take the time to look up some names or create one. (Doing other things at the same time has mostly absorbed it.)

If you wish to tag your design with a name you may do that.

I'm not quite sure but is it the protagonist or the masked man?

17108_1092279137454667_1526140179602222171_n.jpg
Here's one I did on my 3ds for the little girl panda.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2, Kiki and 3823
Just a heads up for contest entrants, I've got a name to the protagonist (Although I'm not sure if it's permanent or not.)

Her name is Tammy.

Just a heads up for contest entrants, I've got a name to the protagonist (Although I'm not sure if it's permanent or not.)

Her name is Tammy.
I got my version of Tammy done, but just so you know; I never draw in animé style (usually I prefer realistic). Anyway it's in watercolour on paper and my camera has potato quality, so if you decide to use my design I could ask a friend to make a scan (so it'll be in higher quality), or draw it over on the computer (but then then colours would become less lively of course). Just tell me if it's needed!
4s1geo.jpg

I couldn't upload all the pictures here so here's a link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0fbp60xdz83myn/AACUkoP1KBIeFY9rWGNKVmUya?dl=0
I made the first one with flash so you can see the colours a bit better, the other two are better for the overall looks. Please tell me what you think, if you like the style I'll start with her mother.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Moon Rain
Almost done with my entry for the masked man!!! I'll send it to you when I'm done!!

I cant draw anything without my 3 ds XP
until my mom send it to me im gotta wait.... damn if my tablet have a stylus

So...could you please comment on my entry? I really want to know what you think

@PersonSP your skill at drawing are so good im jealous

So...could you please comment on my entry? I really want to know what you think

To be fair to everyone entering this contest, I'm trying not to be biased towards one design or another so I can judge them properly when I stop entries. Everyone's entries thus far are all good and unique, and the same goes for future entries.

@PersonSP your skill at drawing are so good im jealous
Thanks! I practice a lot, a but usually my style is realism or, with quick doodles, a bit cartoonish, manga is a new one for me. It's not that hard though, just bigger eyes, longer legs and a bit less details. :D
To be fair to everyone entering this contest, I'm trying not to be biased towards one design or another so I can judge them properly when I stop entries. Everyone's entries thus far are all good and unique, and the same goes for future entries.
Okay, fair enough. You didn't say you despised it or anything, so I suppose I'll work on the next. ;)

I really wanna help contribute to a game. I will try this :)

Back