Defective Nintendo Switch Shows Blue Screen of Death

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Saw in a tweet today that the Nintendo Switch, when defective, can possibly show a blue screen of death as seen in the photo below. I'm guessing when you start it up, all you see is the blue screen.

C5_0mgOUsAA5aFS.jpg

Hopefully the amount of these are low and no Pedian gets a defective unit :/

that is why it is better to wait before getting a console (that and the prices thingy)

I do hope Nintendo is able to patch this or replace it with better ones. This actually really sucks

Not gonna lie, that blue screen actuallylooks sooooooo beautiful (not worth playing tho)

Reactions: TribstyAnn
It's already starting to mess up. If you're shipping dead consoles, you end up with a dead console.

It's already starting to mess up. If you're shipping dead consoles, you end up with a dead console.
Chill out. This happens with every console launch.

Reactions: Blue Knight and Ethendor
Chill out. This happens with every console launch.
Not really. They have bugs, but at least of the consoles I've bought I've read a bit about them, and none of them were actually dead on release. The worst issues they had - in the case of the PSP - were a few dead pixels on screen and UMDs sometimes ejecting randomly.

Not really. They have bugs, but at least of the consoles I've bought I've read a bit about them, and none of them were actually dead on release. The worst issues they had - in the case of the PSP - were a few dead pixels on screen and UMDs sometimes ejecting randomly.
I meant defective units. This isn't happening with every unit in the world.

I meant defective units. This isn't happening with every unit in the world.
So did I.
But it's happening with many according to Twitter.

So did I.
But it's happening with many according to Twitter.
Like 5 people. The majority don't report any problems

Like 5 people. The majority don't report any problems
You forgot the problem of Switch's syncing issues.

I think Nintendo is done making hardware, their time has come. They should just do pure software in the future like Sega. Then they'll do well.

Reactions: 18
I think it is fine. Just because their are a few defective systems at launch dosen't mean they should do what Sega is doing. The only real big reason that they started doing that (from what I know) was because Sega made the Dreamcast which SOLD (keyword is sold) horribly and was really hated by a lot of people. The Switch, on the other hand is getting a lot of hype and and there are only a few defective Switches and if I was Miyamoto, I wouldn't let that stop me from selling the Switch. But this is all my opinion. Have a great day everyone :)

I think it is fine. Just because their are a few defective systems at launch dosen't mean they should do what Sega is doing. The only real big reason that they started doing that (from what I know) was because Sega made the Dreamcast which SOLD (keyword is sold) horribly and was really hated by a lot of people. The Switch, on the other hand is getting a lot of hype and and there are only a few defective Switches and if I was Miyamoto, I wouldn't let that stop me from selling the Switch. But this is all my opinion. Have a great day everyone :)
The Dreamcast is one of the best-loved consoles of all time. So many great exclusives - or at least games that were originally exclusives - are still talked about from the Dreamcast: Shenmue and its sequel, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Phantasy Star Online. The Dreamcast is the reason devs were spurred to make the countless MMOs you can enjoy now, and its charming design for both the controller and the console itself has influenced the design of later handhelds and consoles.
Why is Shenmue still in the public imagination despite being 16 years old if it was on, as you say, a hated console? People forgot the Neo Geo CD (even though it was great), they forgot the Virtual Boy, they didn't even notice the Game Boy Micro. But 17 years later, people still talk about the Dreamcast, its games and how much it impacted them. So for you to say that it was 'really hated', just because you saw its sales on Wikipedia and hung out on a couple of Nintendo forums and maybe read a few YouTube comments, is grating beyond belief. Even as a software developer, Sega has done much more for gaming than Nintendo, a one-trick pony if there ever was one. And hell, every console has hype if you look for it. It doesn't mean Nintendo can rest on their laurels.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
The Dreamcast is one of the best-loved consoles of all time. So many great exclusives - or at least games that were originally exclusives - are still talked about from the Dreamcast: Shenmue and its sequel, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Phantasy Star Online. The Dreamcast is the reason devs were spurred to make the countless MMOs you can enjoy now, and its charming design for both the controller and the console itself has influenced the design of later handhelds and consoles.
Why is Shenmue still in the public imagination despite being 16 years old if it was on, as you say, a hated console? People forgot the Neo Geo CD (even though it was great), they forgot the Virtual Boy, they didn't even notice the Game Boy Micro. But 17 years later, people still talk about the Dreamcast, its games and how much it impacted them. So for you to say that it was 'really hated', just because you saw its sales on Wikipedia and hung out on a couple of Nintendo forums and maybe read a few YouTube comments, is grating beyond belief. Even as a software developer, Sega has done much more for gaming than Nintendo, a one-trick pony if there ever was one. And hell, every console has hype if you look for it. It doesn't mean Nintendo can rest on their laurels.

Sorry, I didn't properly understand when I had posted it. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, I didn't understand. I'm sorry to anyone who got offended by my post, I'm sorry :(

Reactions: 18
Ha this reminds me of when I would go onto YouTube and watch videos of people destroying their computers with trojan viruses and things like that. They make you want to cringe because of how bad the computer gets but it's also hilarious and enjoyable. You can safely see a virus in action with the consequences of wrecking your own personal computer.

Ha this reminds me of when I would go onto YouTube and watch videos of people destroying their computers with trojan viruses and things like that. They make you want to cringe because of how bad the computer gets but it's also hilarious and enjoyable. You can safely see a virus in action with the consequences of wrecking your own personal computer.

I think there was a video I watched and a guy did a bunch of thinks to break his 3ds xl and by the end of the video he put it on fire, lol. Anyways, I think I'm getting a bit off topic. My thoughts are that I hope Nintendo fixes this soon, :eek:

Defective units and users going crazy about it, lol. Just get a replacement, nothing out of the ordinary for game consoles on release, just see the Xbox 360 utterly lame issues - and those weren't even defective units, it was with *regular* ones.

It is out of the ordinary for Nintendo, however, as their consoles are generally issue-free at launch. The Joy-Con sync issues occur due to interruptions in the kind of connection they use, it's natural, and also occurs under the same circumstances with the PS4 controller, for example. The JC are more vulnerable to it as they're separate controllers, and thus easier for their connections to be interrupted.

Wait until they iron out the issues, no need to freak out, lol.

There was an issue with this but I think it is mainly a strategy from other companies to look down on nintendo products. The same happened with the left joy cons and all that mess the media created. Honestly, I do not believe any of that information.

Erm...42 degrees might be enough to damage the console but that is pretty hot. (It is the temperature that your blood starts to clutter at. D: )

There was an issue with this but I think it is mainly a strategy from other companies to look down on nintendo products. The same happened with the left joy cons and all that mess the media created. Honestly, I do not believe any of that information.

It really isnt. Just because your switch is working fine, doesnt mean every other switch is perfect. It is a well-built device, but however, there are many flaws beyond "Companies plotting against nintendo."

In fact, quite the opposite.

Are your parents really so rich that you're trying to excuse Nintendo from this? With conspiracy theories of all things?

Are your parents really so rich that you're trying to excuse Nintendo from this? With conspiracy theories of all things?

No they are no rich at all, I work the whole day to be able to afford my own interests. I quit complaining about things are not going to change just because me and some other people keep complaining about prices. This is clear, if you got the money, you buy it. If you don´t, you just watch it on TV.

It really isnt. Just because your switch is working fine, doesnt mean every other switch is perfect. It is a well-built device, but however, there are many flaws beyond "Companies plotting against nintendo."

I think it is just the opposite. Not because there are one or two nintendo switches working bad or not working at all, it means all nintendo switches are going to have some sort of flaw. I mean, people come on, don´t you sense it, there is a strong hatred against nintendo. There are people wanting it to fail, just as it ´did´ with the wii u. Read online media, watch YouTube, you are going to see my point clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

*might not be enough

I just realised I left out one essential words. My bad. :bag:

Back