Do you sit down properly on chairs when using a computer?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Curious.. do you sit down properly on a chair when you're using a computer and no one is around? :redpanda:

Reactions: Jisenku
I don't sit normally in any chair lmao, even when people are around. Crossed legged, one leg up, both feet on the chair, on chairs other then my computer chair I end up sitting on the backs of them, on the arms, right on the very edge. I just never sit normally in chairs :p

Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
Curious.. do you sit down properly on a chair when you're using a computer and no one is around? :redpanda:
Never. I can be a bit fidgety when im bored and im usually bored at school, so im just always moving around in my chair.

one leg up
For a sec, I thought you meant one leg up on a table while you sat on the chair and I was like, how is that comfortable lol. But then I realized you're probably talking about one leg on your chair.

I sometimes put two legs up on the table and lean back when I'm streaming something from my computer.

Reactions: 28142
For a sec, I thought you meant one leg up on a table while you sat on the chair and I was like, how is that comfortable lol. But then I realized you're probably talking about one leg on your chair.

both tbh. I often have a knee leaned against my desk with the other leg down properly, or it on my chair half crossed. Idk, I just sit weirdly lmao

Reactions: Alex.Dips
At school: Yes I sit down properly on chairs when using my school laptop.
At home: nah not really just lie down on the couch :p

Reactions: Deepak
I somehow manage to end up lying down when I sit on chairs. Whatever comfortable, innit

Reactions: Deepak
I usually stand, chairs are pretty uncomfortable for me but when I do use one I usually sit kinda half way on it and use the rest of the chair as a rest for my hand.

On the floor? D:

Don't you get tired?
Sometimes, not often though.

Reactions: Marc
I usually stand, chairs are pretty uncomfortable for me but when I do use one I usually sit kinda half way on it and use the rest of the chair as a rest for my hand.

Standing desks are cool, I need to get one. Much much healthier as well especially when you're at a desk for a long time.

Reactions: SmugWolff
On the floor? D:
Nah man, on my chair. I have the back part of it removed and my bed is behind my desk so I often just lie down.

Reactions: Marc
I sit cross legged, and many... MANNYY people wonder how my... 'area' isn't uncomfortable. I cross my legs at my upper thighs, its as instinctual as me holding my pinky when I drink my tea.

I have one leg lying on the side
both tbh. I often have a knee leaned against my desk with the other leg down properly, or it on my chair half crossed. Idk, I just sit weirdly lmao

I do the half-crossed thing, too. I wasn't even aware I was doing it until I read this thread and saw your reply. :p

Reactions: Jisenku and 28142
I use a laptop, so it's either I'm sitting on the sofa or sitting on my bed

I use a laptop on the couch now, but when I had a desktop I sat with one foot against the wall and the other either laying on the desk or also on the wall. The wall had flat paint too, so eventually that spot on the wall turned shiny and smooth.

I use a laptop on the couch now, but when I had a desktop I sat with one foot against the wall and the other either laying on the desk or also on the wall. The wall had flat paint too, so eventually that spot on the wall turned shiny and smooth.
Why aren't all walls shiny and smooth?

Why aren't all walls shiny and smooth?

I really don’t know. Flat paint just has no gloss to it. It is really rough to the touch like a chalkboard and soaks up any moisture and becomes darker. I don’t know why it exists to be honest.

I painted my room and the entire house last year, but for many years all the walls had that paint. Good riddance, and now I don’t have a weird dark shiny splotch on my wall.

I really don’t know. Flat paint just has no gloss to it. It is really rough to the touch like a chalkboard and soaks up any moisture and becomes darker. I don’t know why it exists to be honest.

I painted my room and the entire house last year, but for many years all the walls had that paint. Good riddance, and now I don’t have a weird dark shiny splotch on my wall.
I also don't like my walls too shiny. I like consistency

Never. Especially when it's charging, since I don't have an actual setup for any kind of desktop usage, I have to lie down in an often uncomfortable position to use it. Otherwise, I tend to just sit and keep it on my lap. I've hooked it up to my TV once, and quite a few times with my old half-broken laptop (as it was the only way I could use it), but there's not a whole lot of point to that unless the screen is broken.

Using it with the TV is kind of cool, actually. Especially when you're playing a game and can hook up a controller, although this would be a pointless if you can already get the games on another console or have a decent gaming rig, though it was good enough for Genshin Impact since that hasn't come to the Switch yet.

Back