Do you think X/Y will have online play with OR/AS?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I don't think so.

1. The new mega evos. There were no leaks about the new OR/AS mega evos when a hacker dug in the game's code and leaked event Pokemon and the mega lati twins.

I'm not sure if Game Freak will give us X/Y players an update with the new content, :panda:

2. Clothes :

PokemonORASJune12screenshot3_thumb.jpg
PokemonORASJune12screenshot1_thumb.jpg

Another reason why I think X/Y players wouldn't be able to play with OR/AS players online... The clothes are different and aren't obtainable in X/Y. I'm also starting to have doubts that you'll be able to change your clothes in the game, but I'm hoping that's possible.

Anyway, what are your thoughts guys? Do you think X/Y players will be able to play with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire players online? Please explain why too. Thanks!

As you said, the hacker didn't find anything of the new mega evos in X/Y's coding. I really doubt it will be at this point but hopefully I'm proven wrong ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้

As you said, the hacker didn't find anything of the new mega evos in X/Y's coding. I really doubt it will be at this point but hopefully I'm proven wrong ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้
Yes, but there's still the possibility to have a 1.3 Update that brings compatibility with OR/AS.

@Marc: I don't think clothes would be that much of a deal. You know, it's simply a texture over a 3D model, so, in a eventual 1.3 Update, these clothes could be added to X/Y without us having access to them though.

That would be weird to be unable to communicate with OR/AS, so I think Nintendo will do something for this.

I think that online play would work out with XY and OR/AS. Maybe they'll do what they did in the previous gens when linking with 2 different regions. When R/S links with FR/LG, in Ruby's perspective, the trainer would look like the May/Brendan but in FR/LG, they used the sprite of May/Brendan. But the prob is maybe XY doesn't have the code for it, and XY may need an update for it.

It'll be a missed opportunity and a HUGE travesty if they aren't compatible together. I'll be disappointed if they aren't at least able to connect to each other via the friends list.

Well if this is still the same generation then I don't see Wynaut. It's like playing online between HG and Platnium or Black and White 2. With only 69 new Pokemon in X/Y there could be some space for new stuff (like updates).

I'm with D4rkDragon, the past few remakes have been compatible with the other games in their gen, why not these?

i hope that we can. if not i think that a lot of people will be mad also i dont think that the clothes matter but i think that they should allow the pokemon from x and y to transfer to as and or but not back again.

they did with the other remakes at the time of there release

They're in the same Gen, they have to multiplayer one way or the other.
Though, since new Mega pokemon are being designed, and as said before, hackers haven't found their coding makes it very likely they can't online play with eachother.

I don't think it will have online-battling, the only online-feature,that might take place may take place, is trading. The same way they did it with Pokemon Black/White (2) compatible with X/Y. The reason why I think online-battling between both games won't take place is because the different Pokemon; I'm positive OR/AS will have more Mega-Evolutions, and as you said, I don't think Game-Freak would be keen on updating X/Y just so we can play online-battling with OR/AS.

I agree with the clothes idea (great point), again I don't think Game-Freak would be willing to update X/Y (the older title) so that we can have online interactions with OR/AS (the newer title). If OR/AS would have the feature to battle, I would be really surprised, I don't see what Game-Freak would gain by updating X/Y (just for online battling, I'm positive trading between the games'll take place).

I think there will be some sort of connection between these games. Nintendo released a video showcasing Mega Diancie. ( If you don't believe me go check on Serebii.net.) It stated that Diancie will be obtainable in Pokemon X and Y and then people can mega evolve it in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

I really hope it will. People will go easier on you (hopefully) on legendary requests on the GTS, and the battling option with X/Y would be an amazing plus.

Yes it si possible for them to have online play together since they are almost the same and an update is plan to release for pokemon xy soon, you'll see.

My guess is that you would be able to communicate with XY after you beat the elite four in OR/AS, it would be a mini game that you can send the pokemon from XY to OR/AS, i dont think gamefreak would want us to use level 100 kalos born pokemon to soon in the game lols, it would be no fun though. In XY they had Pokebank after some time.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
My guess is that you would be able to communicate with XY after you beat the elite four in OR/AS, it would be a mini game that you can send the pokemon from XY to OR/AS, i dont think gamefreak would want us to use level 100 kalos born pokemon to soon in the game lols, it would be no fun though. In XY they had Pokebank after some time.
Yeah, I agree. I think that only Pokemon you obtain in OR/AS should be transferrable to X/Y or only once you beat the elite 4 in OR/AS you can transfer them from X/Y

Like with Black/White Kyurem appearing as regular Kyurem in B/W, the same deal will probably happen here.
That's the worst case scenario though. Assuming Gamefreak isn't lazy, they'll probably figure a patch for X/Y for at least the visuals. I currently see no reason why they wouldn't update it.

there can still be customizable clothe since in X and Y in the beginner they didn't show it and then later they did so they might do the same thing in ORAS hopefully

Nope , the two games are completely different things because the game is just a remake. Although there could be a possibility as they made Mega Evolutions happen in Pokemon OR and AS which is pretty much so wrong but at the same time interesting. There is just so much difference...
120px-Player_Bedroom_E.png

While Pokemon OR/AS look like they're made from the same engine, resources etc. I am doubtful there will be trading and battling between the two games. At the very most, maybe everyone accesses the same GTS, but I doubt there will be any extensive communication options between the 2 games. I hope I'm wrong though.

Back