Does anyone think Super Mario Sunshine 2/ Super Mario Sunshine HD should be a thing?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Okay, so this question has been on my mind for awhile now, and I’m curious about your guy’s opinions on it. Do you think it would be worth the effort on Nintendo’s part to make a Super Mario Sunshine 2 or a Suoer Mario Sunshine HD? To be honest, if they ever make one, I’m gonna have to preorder it and do every single blessed thing possible to get a copy. I still don’t understand why they haven’t made one yet, because I’m pretty sure Super Mario Sunshine was the favorite Mario game of many gamers. In fact, it’s still pretty hard to find a copy of the GameCube version of the game. So, my question is this: Would you want to see one made, and if so, what version?

Yea, I think it would be a good idea for them to make an HD Super Mario Sunshine. It'd sell like crazy on switch and be another major hit. I don't know how a sequel would really compare though. I think it's too soon after after Super Mario Odyssey to make a sequel to any Mario game (besides Odyssey).

Unfortunately many times Nintendo does not touch older mario games (besides mario 1 and mario 3 on NES) and never re-releases or remakes them. They might also be scared of remakes after the lukewarm reception Super Mario 64 DS got

Reactions: Samster
Unfortunately many times Nintendo does not touch older mario games (besides mario 1 and mario 3 on NES) and never re-releases or remakes them. They might also be scared of remakes after the lukewarm reception Super Mario 64 DS got
Well, they really shouldn’t, as 64 probably had negative reception because the game looked worse than it originally did. Just like wind waker HD, mario sunshine would benefit greatly by a shiny HD remake.

Reactions: Duffy and Samster
i dont think so unless the nintendo online suscription starts giving gamecube games in the future, but that wouldnt be a "hd remake or remaster"

Why though?
well, i dont really see a reason to think they woulnd do it, but also i dont see any reason why they would do it
maybe nintendo surprises me one day and do a HD version or remake in the future, but i sincerely prefer new games than remakes or hd versions

I think it would be awesome! I never played Super Mario Sunshine, but I hear it was an amazing game. I think it would sell like crazy on the Switch. The graphics can be a lot shinier and crisper, patch some glitches, and done! A great game. :D

Make this happen Nintendo.

I think Super Mario Sunshine definitely deserves a remaster - it's a great game, and it's becoming harder and harder to play it. At this point, you'd need a GameCube or a Wii and a GameCube controller, since there's no way to play GameCube discs on the WiiU or Switch.
Given the design of the GameCube controller, Super Mario Sunshine would lend itself very well to a Switch release. I hope they port this to the virtual console so I can relive this game in its full glory!

Super Mario sunshine was a fun game from what I’ve seen, I sadly have never played it, but I have watched videos, and it looks fun and I think there could be a chance of it getting made, but if that ever does happen it will probably not happen for a few years.

Super Mario sunshine was a fun game from what I’ve seen, I sadly have never played it, but I have watched videos, and it looks fun and I think there could be a chance of it getting made, but if that ever does happen it will probably not happen for a few years.
You’ve never played it?!?! :eek:

Dude, this is literally one of the best Mario games ever made. You need to play this if it’s the last thing you do. Trust me, you will not regret playing this absolute masterpiece. :redpanda:

Reactions: AricAttack
You’ve never played it?!?! :eek:

Dude, this is literally one of the best Mario games ever made. You need to play this if it’s the last thing you do. Trust me, you will not regret playing this absolute masterpiece. :redpanda:
I haven't played it ever either! I just never had whatever system it was on.

I haven't played it ever either! I just never had whatever system it was on.
It’s on the GameCube, and you’ve never played it either?!? :eek:

YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME. IT IS LITERALLY SO GOOD.

It’s on the GameCube, and you’ve never played it either?!? :eek:

YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME. IT IS LITERALLY SO GOOD.
Well I don't have a Gamecube and i am not going to buy a gamecube :p

Well I don't have a Gamecube and i am not going to buy a gamecube :p
Thier are alot of places you can get one used for 80$ or less. Its a pretty good system.

Thier are alot of places you can get one used for 80$ or less. Its a pretty good system.
Yeah i know! Some of the worlds best games are on the gamecube! Don't forget games would be expensive nowadays right?

Yeah i know! Some of the worlds best games are on the gamecube! Don't forget games would be expensive nowadays right?
Depends where you buy it.
If you’re lucky there is a game store nearby that has them. (Unfortunately there isn’t enough gamers where i live to support that)

Super Mario Sunshine would probably be better suited as a port and not a sequel.

Nah. One is enough. It's like if Melee was rereleased or even TTYD. Those games might lose value. I think the concepts should stay like FLUDD and the unique story but I'd want it added to a game with more than just that, as Galaxy 2 to me lost value as everything became a fetch-quest that used the same movements memorized in a different order just to complete a task. I may be overcomplicating this and making good games sound bad but sometimes it be like that to some people.

I'd love it! Super Mario Sunshine is, to this day, one of my favourite Nintendo games of all-time. I think it would be nice not just for those of us that played before, but for people who didn't get the chance to play it the first time around. Nintendo makes money, old players can relish in the nostalgia, and new players (or players that have only played the newer games) can experience for themselves what those of us a generation beforehand fell in love with. Triple-win scenario!

Okay, so this question has been on my mind for awhile now, and I’m curious about your guy’s opinions on it. Do you think it would be worth the effort on Nintendo’s part to make a Super Mario Sunshine 2 or a Suoer Mario Sunshine HD? To be honest, if they ever make one, I’m gonna have to preorder it and do every single blessed thing possible to get a copy. I still don’t understand why they haven’t made one yet, because I’m pretty sure Super Mario Sunshine was the favorite Mario game of many gamers. In fact, it’s still pretty hard to find a copy of the GameCube version of the game. So, my question is this: Would you want to see one made, and if so, what version?
I would kill to get Sunshine HD. (just please give a blue coin counter like with regional coins in odyssey)

Back