Challenge Draw an owl: Get 2 PC (guaranteed)

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
Hey!
Challenge to all the artsy people around, as well as all those that can't draw even if their life depended on it! Draw an owl.

strong-owl-eye.jpg

I am trying to draw a realistic (blind) owl. Owl eyes work fine, I've got the beak mastered and the general shape of an owl too. Skull is passable. Facial feathers however, not so much. My owls look like fat pigeon chicks. I have stared so much a owl pictures and my own drawings that I'm getting an owl handicap. This is where you come in!
I need to see:

a) The general shape of an owl. How other people draw an owl tells me a lot about what features are most important. Especially if you're not that great at drawing (yet). People always draw the most important parts in the most obvious way.
b) The way you'd arrange the facial feathers. This, to me, is the hardest part. Drawing plumage requires complicated patterns. This challenge is for skilled drawers.

What's in it for you? Practice! And 2 pc per drawing. As long as you put some effort in it, that is. I'm not asking for a masterpiece, but it'd be super helpful if you tried your best. ;)

Also, this goes without saying, the drawing needs to be yours. Put your username on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadaj, Mr. Kream and Marc
Does a Decidueye count?

Reactions: Tri-force64
is this a test to see the person who has the thirstiest bloodlust for PC

Everything isn't always about PC. It's an activity and you're just getting a small reward in return.

Reactions: Kadaj and Kimopoleis
I'm not sure so I'll ask. Are we allowed to draw on computer or only pencil-drawings are allowed?
Not that I'd like to use a computer but I was wondering.

Does a Decidueye count?
I'd rather have an actual owl, Decidueye has a lot of human shapes thrown in. :)

No, it's about drawing owls. (No this is Patrick :p)

I'm not sure so I'll ask. Are we allowed to draw on computer or only pencil-drawings are allowed?
Not that I'd like to use a computer but I was wondering.
You're allowed to draw however you like. Computer is fine, pencil is fine, pen is fine, graffiti is fine.

Hey! People! Draw an owl! Please! (bump)

Everything isn't always about PC. It's an activity and you're just getting a small reward in return.
it was justa joke

Hey! People! Draw an owl! Please! (bump)
Well I absolutely don't have time during the week, I'll be busy this week end, so maybe I'll try something next week end but don't expect anything before that :p

That's no problem, this project is going to take some time. ;)

Hey!
Challenge to all the artsy people around, as well as all those that can't draw even if their life depended on it! Draw an owl.

strong-owl-eye.jpg

I am trying to draw a realistic (blind) owl. Owl eyes work fine, I've got the beak mastered and the general shape of an owl too. Skull is passable. Facial feathers however, not so much. My owls look like fat pigeon chicks. I have stared so much a owl pictures and my own drawings that I'm getting an owl handicap. This is where you come in!
I need to see:

a) The general shape of an owl. How other people draw an owl tells me a lot about what features are most important. Especially if you're not that great at drawing (yet). People always draw the most important parts in the most obvious way.
b) The way you'd arrange the facial feathers. This, to me, is the hardest part. Drawing plumage requires complicated patterns. This challenge is for skilled drawers.

What's in it for you? Practice! And 2 pc per drawing. As long as you put some effort in it, that is. I'm not asking for a masterpiece, but it'd be super helpful if you tried your best. ;)

Also, this goes without saying, the drawing needs to be yours. Put your username on it.

Well since it doesn't look like much people attempted yet i'll be happy to try (i will do my best but i know it wont be perfect as with most things i draw). I would love to at least try simply to express my drawing style so to speak, but i know if i try that feather pattern it wont come out good so sorry for that >~< would it be ok if i did something a bit simpler here, i dont think i can do great on the feather thing so thats why im asking

Thanks in advance ! :p

Of course simpler is fine! As long as it's an owl I'm happy.

Reactions: Kadaj
Of course simpler is fine! As long as it's an owl I'm happy.

Ok great, thanks ! No time to do it tonight though, will try tomorrow ! Thanks for getting back to me :p

Sorry for the low quality (drawing and picture :p) but here ya go! Hope this helps you :3

EDIT: Are we allowed to draw multiple drawings? Since I'm kinda feeling abit arty currently and I wouldn't mind having an excuse to draw some things :p

Attachments

• IMG_20170325_013441052.jpg
    IMG_20170325_013441052.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: PersonSP and Marc
Thanks Sky! PC was sent. ;) Multiple drawings are allowed, as long as you keep some moderation. (So no more than 5 please :p)

Reactions: 28142
Sweet count me in I love drawing,and birds are fun to draw

Reactions: PersonSP and Kadaj
I will (hopefully) return with my best owl drawing...

Reactions: PersonSP
Sweet count me in I love drawing,and birds are fun to draw
I will (hopefully) return with my best owl drawing...
Awesome! I look forward to seeing your drawings! :D

Back