• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Greetings, Everyone!

With the release of the Octo-Expansion for Splatoon 2 coming up really soon (July 31st to be exact), We'd like to celebrate the upcoming release with a task! I'm pretty sure you're hyped, I must say I am! Have you pre-ordered it, Or waiting until it's officially playable? I'm just gonna wait because I'd rather have something that I can make use of, hah.

It boasts an all-new campaign mode with over 80+ missions/levels starring Agent 8 (The Inkling/Octoling hybrid), Not to mention getting your hands on exclusive Octo gear, and a playable Inktoling for use in Multiplayer modes to top it all off! Wow, I do really think it's worth the money. Lots of goodies on offer! :3

OejfsUx.png

All you have to do is draw up your own Octoling! If you already have your own Octoling OC, Then that's great! (You can base it straight off that). If you have to start from scratch, No worries! Sounds simple right? Good.

Here are some rules/guidelines to keep in mind though:

• It must be drawn by you. Getting another member to do it for you is just pure laziness and not permitted. To make sure your art is genuine, I suggest that you add your username/nickname somewhere on the piece. Posted art that hasn't been signed won't be approved.
  • You can use whatever program/materials you like; There are no limitations!
  • Traditional and digital are both okay. Make sure you colour it in! Digital might earn you a few more brownie points, though.
  • The more effort you put in, the better. If you clearly didn't, Then you're most likely not to earn any pc at all.
  • The pc will be credited to your account once you've submitted a satisfactory piece of art and I've checked it (Don't rush me and be patient, please).
  • Only one entry per person. If you'd like to draw an updated version, Then that one will count, Whilst the old submission won't.
Total pc up for grabs: A whooping 50!!!

Deadline: 14th June @ 6pm BST (1pm Pedia time)

What are you waiting for! Get your creative juices flowing and show us what you got! Good luck and hope to see some interest (and wonderful masterpieces!)

@P2.0
@Artisan
@Rattus rattus
@Alius (25pc given due to lack of colour)
@Nafinator

Last edited:
Reactions: Artisan, Big Yoshi, Mizunil and 2 others
Now this looks like fun! I can't say I'll enter for sure (mainly because I suck at art), but maybe. This looks like a really cool and fun idea.

Reactions: Marc and Mikaya
The reward is probably not worth the effort, but I really wanna figure out how to make a male octoling look good, so im gonna try.

Reactions: Samster
This looks really cool! I'd love to try and do this.
Is there a deadline you have in mind for this?

Now this looks like fun! I can't say I'll enter for sure (mainly because I suck at art), but maybe. This looks like a really cool and fun idea.

Thanks for the kind words, Hope you end up taking part! :3

The reward is probably not worth the effort, but I really wanna figure out how to make a male octoling look good, so im gonna try.

Hmm, How much were you expecting? (just a little curious). :v

This looks really cool! I'd love to try and do this.
Is there a deadline you have in mind for this?

Good point, I have edited in a deadline. 2 weeks should be long enough. ^^

Reactions: Mizunil and Samster
Going to try it out!

Reactions: Mikaya
I’m gonna do it \(^o^)/

...You bet your socks I'ma give this a try! :eek:

Also, I didn't know Inktoling was a thing, omg! I really need to get a Switch soon! ;u;

*Starts to consider*

I’m down for this!

I just joined the community is it too late for me to attempt

I just joined the community is it too late for me to attempt
Nope. The deadline is in the first post.

where do i post it
Here. Make sure to read the first post carefully and to follow any instructions.

Here. Make sure to read the first post carefully and to follow any instructions.
ok will do

It's been awhile since I've drawn anything so this will be challenging

Alright my pencil was getting really dull and I'm out of drawing paper so I did it on the computer instead hear it is

Attachments

• My Inkling and Octoling.jpg
    My Inkling and Octoling.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
@M3T4 N1NJ4 That just looks like you placed two renders on a background image .-.

@M3T4 N1NJ4 That just looks like you placed two renders on a background image .-.
Yes I did put the background in to match the setting but I just worked on the inkling and octoling for several hours using pixlr and paint

Yes I did put the background in to match the setting but I just worked on the inkling and octoling for several hours using pixlr and paint
You should post them without the background image.

You should post them without the background image.
ok let me do that so I can update it

ok here is the updated one

Attachments

• My Inkling and Octoling without backdrop.jpg
    My Inkling and Octoling without backdrop.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back