Earthbound on 3DS Eshop!

• Thread starter jasjas
  • Start date
jasjas

jasjas

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
They should put the Earthbound games on the 3DS eshop! That would be so fun to play on portable. I have always wanted to play Earthbound, but I do not have a Wii U or SNES to play it on! If they put Earthbound on the 3DS more people would get a chance to play this amazing game!

So, what are your thoughts on what I want to happen?

Unfortunately, as much as I want this to happen myself, it's never going to be done. Nintendo only makes games from specific consoles for the 3DS and Wii U. Both SNES and Game Boy Advance can ONLY be made into a Wii U Virtual Console games for a really good reason. To simply emulate a game on a system, it's hardware has to be AT LEAST 5 times stronger performance-wise than the original system, with it being a minimum of 8 times better to avoid crashes and bugs. As for ports however, that minimum is raised to 14 times stronger, because it's required to not have any porting or performance bugs, meaning it needs to have lots of excess performance. The 3DS is roughly 9 times as strong as the SNES and 8 times as strong as the GBA, making it impossible. The only games that can be ported on the 3DS from older Nintendo consoles are from NES, GB and other 1st & 2nd generation gaming systems. SNES is 3th generation and GBA is 5th, thus unable to get ports on 3DS. They CAN get ports on the regular Wii though.

Reactions: faustine
Unfortunately, as much as I want this to happen myself, it's never going to be done. Nintendo only makes games from specific consoles for the 3DS and Wii U. Both SNES and Game Boy Advance can ONLY be made into a Wii U Virtual Console games for a really good reason. To simply emulate a game on a system, it's hardware has to be AT LEAST 5 times stronger performance-wise than the original system, with it being a minimum of 8 times better to avoid crashes and bugs. As for ports however, that minimum is raised to 14 times stronger, because it's required to not have any porting or performance bugs, meaning it needs to have lots of excess performance. The 3DS is roughly 9 times as strong as the SNES and 8 times as strong as the GBA, making it impossible. The only games that can be ported on the 3DS from older Nintendo consoles are from NES, GB and other 1st & 2nd generation gaming systems. SNES is 3th generation and GBA is 5th, thus unable to get ports on 3DS. They CAN get ports on the regular Wii though.
Aww. That really sucks. Then maybe they can do a retail release, like a remake for it?
I really want to play this game. I have watched so many videos about it and I really want to play it. Currently I see no way for me to play it, which is unfortunate :(

They should put the Earthbound games on the 3DS eshop! That would be so fun to play on portable. I have always wanted to play Earthbound, but I do not have a Wii U or SNES to play it on! If they put Earthbound on the 3DS more people would get a chance to play this amazing game!

So, what are your thoughts on what I want to happen?

If i tell the truth i never had played this game but i heard have heard a lot about it.Actually it is really kinda unfair
when games are exclusive to only one console.

I really want spatloon but i was pretty disappointed when i got to know that it is on available for wii u owner only

And now pokken will be only exclusive available for only wii u owners

If i tell the truth i never had played this game but i heard have heard a lot about it.Actually it is really kinda unfair
when games are exclusive to only one console.

I really want spatloon but i was pretty disappointed when i got to know that it is on available for wii u owner only

And now pokken will be only exclusive available for only wii u owners
Exactly. I deeply wish I had a Wii U, but the consoles lifespane is coming to the end in replace of the NX. There is going to be so many games I will miss out on.

Really popular games like Splatoon and Earthbound should have possibly a remake for Earthbound, and for Splatoon they should make a more watered down version. I doubt it will happen but hey, I can dream.

Aww. That really sucks. Then maybe they can do a retail release, like a remake for it?
I really want to play this game. I have watched so many videos about it and I really want to play it. Currently I see no way for me to play it, which is unfortunate :(
You COULD just play on an emulator like many of us do!

You COULD just play on an emulator like many of us do!
Yea, good point. I am unsure what to use the emulator on though.
My computer is quite slow, and would not run an emulator.

Would there be a way to get it as a rom for the Nintendo DS? I have an R4 card for my old DS. Hopefully it would work on it, otherwise I don't think I have any options.

Yea, good point. I am unsure what to use the emulator on though.
My computer is quite slow, and would not run an emulator.

Would there be a way to get it as a rom for the Nintendo DS? I have an R4 card for my old DS. Hopefully it would work on it, otherwise I don't think I have any options.
Unless your computer was built before 1995, you can emulate it! Just use the program called Visual Boy Advance, a GBA emulator. It only needs 300MHz processor 32MB Video Memory and 128MB ram! If you can browse the Pedia on your computer, then it can more than enough run the games! Once you have the emulator, look for all three games! Mother 3, which is Japan exclusive, has an English patch, so you can play that too! Unfortunately, I don't know if it's ok to post links to roms, as they are pirated material, so you will have to look for them yourself. I have uploaded the patch for you though, as it doesn't involve copyrights. Just remember, it's for the GBA, not SNES.

Attachments

• MOTHER3_EarthBound2_English_v1.1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Unless your computer was built before 1995, you can emulate it! Just use the program called Visual Boy Advance, a GBA emulator. It only needs 300MHz processor 32MB Video Memory and 128MB ram! If you can browse the Pedia on your computer, then it can more than enough run the games! Once you have the emulator, look for all three games! Mother 3, which is Japan exclusive, has an English patch, so you can play that too! Unfortunately, I don't know if it's ok to post links to roms, as they are pirated material, so you will have to look for them yourself. I have uploaded the patch for you though, as it doesn't involve copyrights. Just remember, it's for the GBA, not SNES.
Oh, thank you for the help! I will try to get it when my dad is home. Thank you!

I had read the thread title and thought that the game WAS on the eShop xP

I wish that the game would at least be on the 3ds too >.< It's sad such a good game had to be exclusive but I guess that's the way it goes. There are a whole lot of VC that the Wii U has that I want to play on my 3ds ;-;

Well i wish Earthbound is on eshop so that a lot of us 3ds owners don't have to use emulators whenever we want to play earthbound.i have a xp so the emulator speed is OKAY but not amazing.BUT,at least my computer has the speed of a 3ds in some of the areas of my computer.But,sadly one of those areas is not emulation speed,which is why i said my emulation speed with emulators is OKAY.

I had read the thread title and thought that the game WAS on the eShop xP

I wish that the game would at least be on the 3ds too >.< It's sad such a good game had to be exclusive but I guess that's the way it goes. There are a whole lot of VC that the Wii U has that I want to play on my 3ds ;-;
Exactly. I do not really understand why they are not on 3DS. When they had the ambassador program they had GBA games running perfect on the 3DS, and GBA Games are about as strong as the SNES, maybe stronger. And now SNES and GBA games are not in the eshop. Maybe on the New 3DS, there could be exclusives to the eshop??? I wish. I' m hopefully getting a New 3DS for Christmas, and it would be awesome if they did this.

Exactly. I do not really understand why they are not on 3DS. When they had the ambassador program they had GBA games running perfect on the 3DS, and GBA Games are about as strong as the SNES, maybe stronger. And now SNES and GBA games are not in the eshop. Maybe on the New 3DS, there could be exclusives to the eshop??? I wish. I' m hopefully getting a New 3DS for Christmas, and it would be awesome if they did this.
ALL of the ambassador program's GBA games were those that only required 7MHz or less of processing power when played in the original system, which had 12.7MHz total. If the Pokemon games are supposed to be "light" compared to some others, like Driver 3, and they needed 11.3MHz to run, then you understand that they were all the "extremely light" ones! For the more demanding games, what I said in my first post accounts for those.

Not sure if it's said before as I skipped down here but if you had the tubehax/ninjahax/ironhax exploit and didn't upgdate your 3DS system, you could download a SNES emulator called blargSNES and play Earthbound (gotta fight the 5 moles) as well as other classic SNES titles like Super Mario World, F-Zero, Megaman X, and Super Metroid. An exploit is said to be in the works for the latest firmware.

Not sure if it's said before as I skipped down here but if you had the tubehax/ninjahax/ironhax exploit and didn't upgdate your 3DS system, you could download a SNES emulator called blargSNES and play Earthbound (gotta fight the 5 moles) as well as other classic SNES titles like Super Mario World, F-Zero, Megaman X, and Super Metroid. An exploit is said to be in the works for the latest firmware.
Exploits can ruin the savefiles of the regular (legal) 3DS software, so it's not that good a choice to install them just to emulate the SNES. I can run a SNES emulator with Mother 1/2 more than perfectly on a Win 95 computer! It doesn't take that much of a system! SNES is nothing like consoles like PS1 (which runs just fine on almost every computer that still works!) when emulated!

Exploits can ruin the savefiles of the regular (legal) 3DS software, so it's not that good a choice to install them just to emulate the SNES. I can run a SNES emulator with Mother 1/2 more than perfectly on a Win 95 computer! It doesn't take that much of a system! SNES is nothing like consoles like PS1 (which runs just fine on almost every computer that still works!) when emulated!
I do not have an other means of playing an emulator and I cannot afford any VC games. This is my mother's laptop. Plus, I haven't seen anything happen to my save files yet and I've been using the exploit for months now so I'm not worried about anything. The only thing bad about all this is not being able to connect to the eShop and updating games, although you just have to set DNS settings to Auto-obtain.

Exploits can ruin the savefiles of the regular (legal) 3DS software, so it's not that good a choice to install them just to emulate the SNES.
If you are talking about me here, that's not really what happened, I was switching CFW exploits, I got no problems with homebrew ones (even though the goal was indeed to have more convenient homebrew exploits; basically I now have retail, eshop and homebrew at the same place without having to reboot twice and swap cartridges between activities...) :p

If you are talking about me here, that's not really what happened, I was switching CFW exploits, I got no problems with homebrew ones (even though the goal was indeed to have more convenient homebrew exploits; basically I now have retail, eshop and homebrew at the same place without having to reboot twice and swap cartridges between activities...) :p
I'm talking from experience when I went from official to gateway custom to play pirated games and then, when I removed it, I lost all legal game saves! I lost 1400 hours on MH3U!:cry: I had it 100% just by doing everything solo!

I'm talking from experience when I went from official to gateway custom to play pirated games and then, when I removed it, I lost all legal game saves! I lost 1400 hours on MH3U!:cry: I had it 100% just by doing everything solo!
Oh, well, that's kind of exactly what happened to me except that I was doing the contrary (leaving gateway). But still, that was not a homebrew exploit, you probably had encryption problems too, like me (since depending on your sysNAND's version, your 3DS doesn't necessarily use the same encryption method even if your emuNAND's version was the same before getting/leaving gateway and after...).

Oh, well, that's kind of exactly what happened to me except that I was doing the contrary (leaving gateway). But still, that was not a homebrew exploit, you probably had encryption problems too, like me (since depending on your sysNAND's version, your 3DS doesn't necessarily use the same encryption method even if your emuNAND's version was the same before getting/leaving gateway and after...).
Thing is, everything was fine but I just couldn't load the saves! NAND was the same all the time and the encryption too! I said to hell with it and just started everything over! It was too much trouble!

Back