Earthbound on 3DS Eshop!

• Thread starter jasjas
  • Start date
Aww. That really sucks. Then maybe they can do a retail release, like a remake for it?
I really want to play this game. I have watched so many videos about it and I really want to play it. Currently I see no way for me to play it, which is unfortunate :(
Hey just wanted to say that nintendo direct released confirmation that earthbound will be coming to new nintendo 3ds consoles via VC! their press release was given on 3/3/16 and can be viewed from the eshop for specific dates on when it will be released. I'm so excited because i've never played this game and everyone keeps saying how amazing it is, also really looking forward to downloading LOZ:ALTTP best game ever made!!!

It would be nice to play this again, played this game once on my computer but the it worked with is now gone and the CD is now missing. My phone has the SNES emulator but each time I clean my phone to boost speed the game data is erased. :meh:

It would be nice to play this again, played this game once on my computer but the it worked with is now gone and the CD is now missing. My phone has the SNES emulator but each time I clean my phone to boost speed the game data is erased. :meh:
Yeah it's great to see that nintendo is finally bringing back the classics on a portable console. the only catch is you a can't get it unless you own a new nintendo 3ds system.

Yeah it's great to see that nintendo is finally bringing back the classics on a portable console. the only catch is you a can't get it unless you own a new nintendo 3ds system.

I know :( I wish both 3DS were treated equally

I know :( I wish both 3DS were treated equally
One of them is more powerful than the other one. And last time they treated equally two consoles with different power, it was for Smash on Wii U and 3DS, and Ice Climbers got cut out. Same here, if they want to treat both consoles equally, they give SNES to no one. Probably not the best.

One of them is more powerful than the other one. And last time they treated equally two consoles with different power, it was for Smash on Wii U and 3DS, and Ice Climbers got cut out. Same here, if they want to treat both consoles equally, they give SNES to no one. Probably not the best.

Putting it that way makes it not a great idea to treat them equally. Well maybe another classic will reach our 3DS :bag:

I'm just very excited that Earthbound is coming to the 3DS Virtual Console at all.

I have long heard about how amazing and groundbreaking an RPG Earthbound is, but I've so far never had the pleasure to play it for myself. You can be sure that when it's finally released on VC, I'll be there to get it.

UPDATE:
I finally got EarthBound from the 3DS Virtual Console, and I'm playing through it.
Excellent game, in every respect. I've managed to get to Saturn Valley so far. The Mr. Saturns are adorable, I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seriously considering selling my 3DS and buying a New 3DS so I can play SNES games. I want to replay Earthbound and A Link to the Past on my 3DS so bad :0 plus there are a few amazing games coming out soon so I'm going to use my 3DS a lot more again and I got some money for my birthday that I don't know what to do with (I feel so rich and spoiled saying that :playful:)

Reactions: Leej07
That's pretty awesome news for N3DS/XL users lol. All others will have to switch or suffer. :p

Its already done! just go to miiverse>earthbound community>tap more details or info and it leads you to page.:D

Putting it that way makes it not a great idea to treat them equally. Well maybe another classic will reach our 3DS :bag:
New 3ds has a FAR more powerful processer than 3ds, if you put earthbound on a 3ds it will be VERY slow or graphic/sprites/etc. wont load so basically nintendo i hope will make mother 3 playable on both 3ds. since the ds loaded gba why not for 3ds?

I'm seriously considering selling my 3DS and buying a New 3DS so I can play SNES games. I want to replay Earthbound and A Link to the Past on my 3DS so bad :0 plus there are a few amazing games coming out soon so I'm going to use my 3DS a lot more again and I got some money for my birthday that I don't know what to do with (I feel so rich and spoiled saying that :playful:)
Easy! sell anything you DONT want or waited enough for and you'll earn money!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's out for the 3ds now but it's a shame that they only made it to where you can only play it on the new 3ds. I don't really get why they did that cause it makes it to where the people that don't have the new one can't play it. It shouldn't have been to hard to do it to where everyone could play the game.

Reactions: Kakea
that would be amazing i never played it but i heard is a bit similar to undertale apparently its coming to wiiu but I'm not sure
/.\/.\/.\/.\/.\/.\/.\/.\/.\
| > |
| <3 < |
| < |
| |
\./\./\./\./\./\./\./\./\| <== undertale

SNES VC is only made for N3DS.

Running SNES games on the O3DS' completely outdated and downright crap hardware would have been a mostly complete waste of effort, really. While the 3DS CAN technically run them, I'd take more work than on N3DS, and hey, what if I want to make people buy the three times as powerful remodel of my console?

So there's that :p

Also, for the record, the 3DS doesn't run the GBA Ambassador titles through VC, they're not emulated at all. It's hardware simulation, the console underclocks itself to GBA clock speed and runs them, sharing the same ARM architecture and all.

Back