Easy but time consuming way to get play coins

• Thread starter BulletBill1019
  • Start date
BulletBill1019

BulletBill1019

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
If you switch your 3ds/2ds to sleep mode and shake it up n down for a while,you'll get play coins without having to walk with your system in your pocket.it takes time but it works

A lot of people have been using this method lately. It works, but I don't feel a need to shake my 3DS for 10 minutes. Instead I rack up coins by just having it in sleep mode and putting it in my backpack and take it around school. I get my daily 10 coins everyday, and I'm at the cap 300 coins now, although I have no real use for it. I really wish those coins could prove to be useful, either by obtaining some eShop content or something along those lines.

Reactions: 3dsatackman, J9794, Sans and 2 others
I agree I think they did that to promote exercise

That plus the Streetpass technology introduced in the 3DS also encourages 3DS players to go around with their 3DS's everywhere. I'm not sure if it's to promote exercise but I do think it's a rather unique thing to put in a gaming system.

I remember shaking my 3DS every now and then for coins :p I don't do it anymore because of the little use you can get out of the play coins. To me, it's not really worth my time and effort to get the coins in such a manner xD Easiest thing to do is taking it with you everywhere in sleep mode :D

I don't see why people shake it. Just enjoy walking :p

Reactions: MindzEye
I don't see why people shake it. Just enjoy walking :p
Some people are lazy I guess :p I'm lazy too but whenever I go outside for a walk or hanging out with friends I always bring my 3ds in my backpack and when I come home and see how much coins I got I feel much better than just lazily shaking it around. Although it would be much more better if those same Play Coins would have some kind of purpose :p

Play Coins are a pretty neat idea but not many games fully utilize the what they can do with them... What if the badge arcade used, say 10 play coins for a play? It would be really neat have.

Wait! People are cheating the pedometer on the 3DS? :wacky:
Geez! How's a hundred steps so hard to these people? The recommended average is ten-thousand for cripes sake! Imagine how many coins you'd get on a good day outside!

I agree with you there bobcam

To me shaking it up and down is more exercise than walking XD You gotta walk anyway, whether it be to go to the bathroom or eat. Just take it with you. I usually just carry mine around campus to get my coins.

Reactions: Mikaya
As a high school student, i carry have my 2DS on my bookbag with Sleep mode, because of the Streetpass and Play Coins i have to need for games such as Animal Crossing, or something else that I would think of doing with those. I honestly don't find shaking your 2ds or 3ds up and down a good thing to do, but thats in my opinion if you don't do much walking, but in my situation, since i switch through different classes and walking through many stairs, I get up to 10 right at lunch break which is 11:30 AM.

Reactions: MindzEye
If the play coins are to encourage exorcise, then they should have made there be no daily limit. It does not take all that much to get 10 a day.

If you switch your 3ds/2ds to sleep mode and shake it up n down for a while,you'll get play coins without having to walk with your system in your pocket.it takes time but it works
That's the (super) lazy way. Then again, I used to put my 3DS in sleepmode then I put it on the washing machina and waited. Yes, that might be the ultimate lazy trick. Nowadays I just take it with me and that works fine. :p

Huh...

That's the (super) lazy way. Then again, I used to put my 3DS in sleepmode then I put it on the washing machina and waited. Yes, that might be the ultimate lazy trick. Nowadays I just take it with me and that works fine. :p
No, the ultimate lazy trick is to use homebrew :p

No, the ultimate lazy trick is to use homebrew :p
That requires understanding of homebrew and the effort to say no to system updates everyday

Reactions: J9794
That requires understanding of homebrew and the effort to say no to system updates everyday
How does it require 'an understanding of homebrew'? All you have to do is put a couple files on the SD card, run a website on the 3DS, then select the app. It isn't that hard... And no, the easiest ways to run homebrew work and have worked and will probably still work in the next update. Plus, even if it did mean say no to a System Update 'everyday' (which is unreal tbh) you can block updates or update if the exploit still works...

i heard about homebrew on youtube, i just don't like the idea of being blocked from using eshop my laptop doesn't even have an area to where i could insert my sd card but oh well i'm fine with my visual boy advance on my laptop right now

i heard about homebrew on youtube, i just don't like the idea of being blocked from using eshop my laptop doesn't even have an area to where i could insert my sd card but oh well i'm fine with my visual boy advance on my laptop right now
homebrew on youtube was destroyed a long time ago, and you can still go on the eShop and use the browserhax at the same time.

Back