Favorite ball?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
375px-Pok%C3%A9_Balls_GL.png

Mine is probably the Love Ball or the Dream Ball. It's hard to believe there's so many different types! I'm a collector, so I have complete collections of Beast, Safari, Sport, and Dream balls and I'm working on Love. If you were to have a complete collection, which type of ball would it be of?​

Beast balls all the way my friend ! ;D i know theyre only useful for catching ultra beasts but i love the design and color scheme on them a lot which is why i like them so much. As far as improved catch rate goes though i tend to stick to ultra ball and quick ball, but these are too easy to get so id pick beast balls for the above reason

I like beast balls, it is fun trying to catch legendaries with it.

Reactions: Kadaj
I personally prefer MasterBalls.
Reason 1: I love hearing the memes of using it on a Pidgey
Reason 2: Gotta get those legendaries somehow
Reason 3: Pokemon Masters have them, thus, I need them.
Reason 4: Balls

I personally prefer MasterBalls.
Reason 1: I love hearing the memes of using it on a Pidgey
Reason 2: Gotta get those legendaries somehow
Reason 3: Pokemon Masters have them, thus, I need them.
Reason 4: Balls
I hate Master Balls:

Reason 1: in a "roleplay" way I don't like to oblige a Pokémon to be caught. Maybe they have a family, a promise to do, maybe they don't want to be far form their home. Better let them the choice
Reason 2: it's lazyness, you don't even say hello, you just throw your ball and you're sure you have it.
Reason 3: It's best to show you're a skilled trainer: make a Pokémon weak, use status, get it, prevent healing/running away...

I hate Master Balls:

Reason 1: in a "roleplay" way I don't like to oblige a Pokémon to be caught. Maybe they have a family, a promise to do, maybe they don't want to be far form their home. Better let them the choice
Reason 2: it's lazyness, you don't even say hello, you just throw your ball and you're sure you have it.
Reason 3: It's best to show you're a skilled trainer: make a Pokémon weak, use status, get it, prevent healing/running away...

I do understand your point and it is good and valid, but i remember in older pokemon games playing wild goose chase with lets say latias/ latios in gen 3 games, where i would spend in worst cases an entire day trying to catch the same thing with minimal progress or results. While i do know there are ways to prevent escape, chasing these things for an entire day got old pretty fast >~< i prefer to save master ball as last resort only though, like if i there's just no other way for me to catch a Pokemon or my team is seriously pinned down in a crucial encounter. While i do agree with your point, there a certain situations (usually rare now though) where a master ball could get you out of a bleak spot if you get my drift

Reactions: Alegria
Sure, concerning the "running Pokémon" like Entei or Latios, it's nice to have a Masterball, even tough catch them without it is even more a challenge.
I remember chasing and making them weaker every encounter, it was really a reward to finally have them! It gives more pride than doing the League!

except for... I think it was Entei and Raikou in FireRed and LeafGreen, who had a move to escape from a battle, and Game Freak made it so that if they succeed in using them (which is stronger than the ability Arena Trap), it's like you defeated them, and there wasn't any "legendary respawn" yet.

And I agree that in a pure gaming way, it's cheaper than loosing 50 balls of any kind!

Reactions: Kadaj
Sure, concerning the "running Pokémon" like Entei or Latios, it's nice to have a Masterball, even tough catch them without it is even more a challenge.
I remember chasing and making them weaker every encounter, it was really a reward to finally have them! It gives more pride than doing the League!

except for... I think it was Entei and Raikou in FireRed and LeafGreen, who had a move to escape from a battle, and Game Freak made it so that if they succeed in using them (which is stronger than the ability Arena Trap), it's like you defeated them, and there wasn't any "legendary respawn" yet.

And I agree that in a pure gaming way, it's cheaper than loosing 50 balls of any kind!

It is a skill to show that you can catch Pokemon without the need for a Masterball, but one mistake and you lose the one chance at getting that Snorlax (Or on Pokemon Go I named it Rosi O Donal) or Latios (I wonder if this Pokemon is Latino). Once they run away that is the only time you see it in the whole game. If not using a Masterball is simply a pride thing I'd take the application over the inspiration.

It is a skill to show that you can catch Pokemon without the need for a Masterball, but one mistake and you lose the one chance at getting that Snorlax (Or on Pokemon Go I named it Rosi O Donal) or Latios (I wonder if this Pokemon is Latino). Once they run away that is the only time you see it in the whole game. If not using a Masterball is simply a pride thing I'd take the application over the inspiration.
"running" Pokémon are done so you chase them, the aim in Pokémon Gold and Silver was to meet them once, attack, put a status, everytime as one-turn fights, every time ou met them again they had the same damages and status as last time they fled. Since in Gold and Silver you had 3 running Pokémon but only one Masterball, you had to chase them a lot until you throwed the ball they would want to stay in, or you had to use the no-escape moves like mean look. I remember I had the purple bat that evolves when happy, I trained it just for that! And of course, always save before to chase!

Reactions: UniversalAris
"running" Pokémon are done so you chase them, the aim in Pokémon Gold and Silver was to meet them once, attack, put a status, everytime as one-turn fights, every time ou met them again they had the same damages and status as last time they fled. Since in Gold and Silver you had 3 running Pokémon but only one Masterball, you had to chase them a lot until you throwed the ball they would want to stay in, or you had to use the no-escape moves like mean look. I remember I had the purple bat that evolves when happy, I trained it just for that! And of course, always save before to chase!
Yeah, by mistake I mean getting the Pokemon to low that they faint. The 'running' feature is nice, but I played heart and gold and those 3 Pokemon were at like 7 hp and still wouldn't adhere to my Pokeballs. Masterballs would have saved much time and frustration. I'm not one to feel too much pride on using a normal Pokeball to catch a legendary, but if it catches a hot girl I'd be impressed.

Yeah, by mistake I mean getting the Pokemon to low that they faint. The 'running' feature is nice, but I played heart and gold and those 3 Pokemon were at like 7 hp and still wouldn't adhere to my Pokeballs. Masterballs would have saved much time and frustration. I'm not one to feel too much pride on using a normal Pokeball to catch a legendary, but if it catches a hot girl I'd be impressed.
like I said, always save before you chase, and of course, every legendary (except my silly Zekrom) don't let you catch them on first try, I've had fights where I counted a hundread balls wasted(since in the end I try to have 30 of each permanently), and the legendary Pokémon ended up having no PP left, so when they Struggle, you gotta catch'em quick before they kill themselves!
And concerning the girls... well at least she gave you her PokéGear number, right? Ever tried love balls?

Reactions: Kadaj and UniversalAris
My favorite ball is the Master Ball, but not because it catches anything on the first try. I like it because I consider it to be a proof of skill to me. I a quote saying "Real masters don't use Master Balls", so it makes me happy to think someone could look through any of my Pokemon games and find out I haven't used the Master Ball at all.

However, in terms of efficiency, I'm tied between the Dusk Ball, Quick Ball, and Timer Ball. I like the Dusk Ball because most Pokemon are in caves, which makes it easy to catch and collect. The Time Ball is good if I'm in a hurry and the catch rate for the Pokemon is good. However, for legendary Pokemon fights, the Timer Ball is the best. Since I don't use Master Balls, most of my legendary Pokemon hunting is comprised of just trying to keep all 6 party members alive while whittling down their health and inflicting paralysis. After about an hour or two of this, I just pop a Timer Ball and Boom!

Reactions: UniversalAris and Alegria
My favorite ball is the Master Ball, but not because it catches anything on the first try. I like it because I consider it to be a proof of skill to me. I a quote saying "Real masters don't use Master Balls", so it makes me happy to think someone could look through any of my Pokemon games and find out I haven't used the Master Ball at all.

However, in terms of efficiency, I'm tied between the Dusk Ball, Quick Ball, and Timer Ball. I like the Dusk Ball because most Pokemon are in caves, which makes it easy to catch and collect. The Time Ball is good if I'm in a hurry and the catch rate for the Pokemon is good. However, for legendary Pokemon fights, the Timer Ball is the best. Since I don't use Master Balls, most of my legendary Pokemon hunting is comprised of just trying to keep all 6 party members alive while whittling down their health and inflicting paralysis. After about an hour or two of this, I just pop a Timer Ball and Boom!

A fellow Masterballer. I will name you Lebron. And you will be mine. Kidding. I truly like your points on efficiency. That is really why I love carrying around 999 Masterballs in every game I play.

I personally have fond memories of the quick and dusk ball.Dusk balls are easily the most op ball. Just play at night and you've got any pokemon you'd want! I also Rember using quick balls a lot for pokedex completion

I personally have fond memories of the quick and dusk ball.Dusk balls are easily the most op ball. Just play at night and you've got any pokemon you'd want! I also Rember using quick balls a lot for pokedex completion
yup! and most legendaries live in caves, where the darkness makes them weaker to these balls... how come they didn't realize that yet? xD

A fellow Masterballer. I will name you Lebron. And you will be mine. Kidding. I truly like your points on efficiency. That is really why I love carrying around 999 Masterballs in every game I play.
That was a joke btw*

like I said, always save before you chase, and of course, every legendary (except my silly Zekrom) don't let you catch them on first try, I've had fights where I counted a hundread balls wasted(since in the end I try to have 30 of each permanently), and the legendary Pokémon ended up having no PP left, so when they Struggle, you gotta catch'em quick before they kill themselves!
And concerning the girls... well at least she gave you her PokéGear number, right? Ever tried love balls?

Ohh my gosh i remember that happening during that game of wild goose chase in emerald ! I got her weak and she started using struggle and of course things got awfully hairy when that started lol, i think i ended up resetting since she did i call 'struggled out' and killed herself and ever since learning struggle existed ive been pretty wary about the struggle out which i labelled worst-case scenario especially with runaways like her, entei and raikou and others in the series that did it. Sadly i was foolish and master ball on rayquaze this time around (i didn't know about the escaping lati then) so i got stuck playing tag with them at the time lol

I like the quick ball the most due to it's useful effect. Although it doesn't always work, it at least works well on weaker pokemon without having to worry about weakening it or accidentally fainting it. I also like the timer ball for the more time consuming and difficult pokemon. (If I don't have a master ball or ultra balls on me.)

Master ball, cuz it's easy to use (actually, a bit too easy to use)

In terms of design, I like the Beast ball the best. I even somehow use it on non Ultra Beast Pokemon cuz it's so cool looking.

I also like the Dream Ball, mainly because their throwing animation is awesome and they're quite rare.

But ill still use the Master Ball on Legendaries whenever I can :D

Back