Favorite battle in a Zelda game

• Thread starter Hawke9817
  • Start date
H

Hawke9817

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Mine was fighting the big bird in wind waker.

Helmaroc King was greaat. Most of my favourites are from Twilight princess.

Stallord
This guy was awesome. Not the one from Link's Crossbow training duh, the one from Twilight Princess. I've always been a fan of the Spinner item in TP. Then having to use that as a medium of transportation and a weapon was so awesome.

Argorok
Argorok from TP was also really great. I'm pretty sure the hookshot is like, everyone's favorite item ever since they played ALttP or OoT. Then in TP when I first got the clawshots, I was like wow this new design looks awesome. When I played City in the Sky and got the double clawshots, it's like my dream came true. And i was really looking forward to the final boss and BOOM! Super epic battle with the dragon flying all over the place, especially the second phase when lightning was everywhere. The atmosphere <3

Demise
Well I love lightning, and this battle basically revolved around it. I always like forward to a 1 on 1 sword battle at an empty place as a final boss. Then when i got to battle demise this way I really like it. It was waay too epic, the music was awesome. It was so cool how Fi couldn't follow too. Then your skyward strikes don't work anymore so you gotta point it up and just get the power from the lightning instead. And the final blow was WAAY too epic. I will never forget that moment when I delivered the final blow to demise.

Yuga/Yuganon
The final boss for ALBW was amazing. I mean at first it really reminded me of ALttP Ganon, with the flying trident and such and I was thinking meh can't nintendo think of something creative? Then came the Bow of Light! I really wish this item was available throughout the whole game. It was soo cool how you had to merge to the wall and use the bow to shoot Yuganon. The most epic thing ever is when you gotta turn the other way around and shoot an arrow facing th opposite way so it travels throughout like the whole room. GOD this battle was amazing.

Vaati
Vaati from Minish Cap was a fun boss. I liked the final spider ish form. When you had to like make four copies of yourself according to which eyes were open. That was pretty epic

Onox
The first battle with general onox was not too bad, it was pretty standard. Then he turned into that dragon, now THAT was awesome. I love big bosses, and i love big dragons. It was cool how you had to jump on his hands to attack him and all, it was all about timing.

Twinrova
Duh, who wouldn't include them in the list. Well I loved the battle basically cus you gotta use their magic against them, like throughout the whole battle. When I first played OoT though i was thinking, when i just got the mirror shield, how would the battle be like. Would it just be reflecting light to the boss or something? And BOOM! I was blown at how you gotta absorb their fire and ice attacks.

Goht
Goht was such a fun boss. Just turning into a goron ball and spinning all over the place and ramming into goht was really fun for me. Then when the stalactites were falling from the ceiling, another awesome atmosphere created!

Twinmold
I love dragons, as i have said before. And i also love turning into a giant haha

I think there are more.. but I can't seem to remember right now haha

Reactions: Marc
Volvagia from Ocarina of time. I like battling against dragons. It's so powerful and a real challenge to beat it.

My favorite battle in LoZ is Gleeok or Dongorongo from Phantom of Hourglass, as that is the only Zelda game I ever played. The battles were pretty challenging and were fun to do. The battles were unique compared to the others bosses in my opinion, even if every boss in the game is supposed to have a unique battling style.

I don't know what this big guy is called but I had a lot of fun slashing the heck out of it <3

tgDPsDb.jpg

I don't know what this big guy is called but I had a lot of fun slashing the heck out of it <3

tgDPsDb.jpg
is that the guy in a link between worlds? yeah he's fun to play against

I usually use bombs

Reactions: Marc
the fight against demise in skyward sword where he rolls away after attempting the fatal blow and having electric charged master sword and an infinite map to run with the net to distract him with.

My favorite boss is any one of them that stands still long enough for me to hit it. :p In all seriousness, though, I'd say Dodongo's in any of the Zelda games. There's something so satisfying about throwing a bomb into the mouth of a dinosaur and watching it explode. :)

tgDPsDb.jpg
That's called a Moldorm. I also loved battling this guy.
The enemy I enjoy battling the most is probably the Darknut/Iron Knuckle from Twilight Princess/Ocarina of time and Demise from Skyward Sword. You need to be careful when to attack and when to dodge. These enemies are very unforgiving because one mistake can cut down your health instantly.

You sure got that right!

But if you know the right techniques, weapons and have the right timing!

some other bosses I liked fighting were:

Stallord which i enjoyed hitting the back of his head whilst he was stuck in the sand because of the sand rod in spirit tracks
twinrova from spirit tracks when i mixed the fire and ice elements and the enemy would inflate and turn to two
ghirahims' battle from skyward sword when you would fight him as the first boss in the greenlands and would spear your master sword at you and his final form where you would knock him of the platform whilst he carries around a sword that weighs more than the laptop I'm typing on!
And finally the battle on between worlds against Yuga at the final couple of battles in Lorule when you would reflect his attacks and merge in to the wall and shoot Yuganon with the arrow of light

some other bosses I liked fighting were:

Stallord which i enjoyed hitting the back of his head whilst he was stuck in the sand because of the sand rod in spirit tracks
twinrova from spirit tracks when i mixed the fire and ice elements and the enemy would inflate and turn to two
ghirahims' battle from skyward sword when you would fight him as the first boss in the greenlands and would spear your master sword at you and his final form where you would knock him of the platform whilst he carries around a sword that weighs more than the laptop I'm typing on!
And finally the battle on between worlds against Yuga at the final couple of battles in Lorule when you would reflect his attacks and merge in to the wall and shoot Yuganon with the arrow of light
Yes, I also loved the Ghirahim battle. I love it when you knock him off the platform, deliver a Final Blow to him adn then when Demise pulls a sword out of his chest.

Volvagia, Twinrova, and Ganon were all pretty fun. Playing in 3D made it even cooler. I haven't played any Zelda games other than OOT3D, but I would love to get into another one. I was thinking about playing Skyward Sword on the Wii.

Ah yes :D Moldorm was one of the memorable bosses ever to be made in my opinion in .... The Legend of Zelda : A Link to The Past !!! \: D / Yes you got that right :3 I remember having to do the boss like 20 times because he keeps pushing me off the stage . Those were some really good times :D

My favorite battle would be the final boss in Spirit Tracks. It is kinda difficult but is really fun. You start of protecting Zelda from Malladus' fire balls. Then you play this song to weaken him. I love this song and it is my favorite song from that game. Then you got to distract him so Zelda can shot him with light arrows.

My favorite fight and probably the toughest for me was the Darknut fight in the 50 floors challenge. And I don't mean One Darknut and I don't mean Two. I mean THREE Darknuts all trying to kill you at the same time. I found it hard because one of them usually got in the way when I am trying to kill another or stuff like one hits me and right when I get up ANOTHER one hits me back down.

My favorite battle was with the dragon in City in the Sky. This dungeon was a pain and gave you a neat second item, but then you realized that all the pain you went through in the dungeon was worth it. Getting to slash a dragon on the back with the Master Sword and the dramatic music playing made it awesome

Has to be gannondorf from twilight princess because he is so good and it was cool fighting him and all his 3 forms. First was was the zelda form which was fun it was like playing baseball. the second form beast gonnon was OP lol it was tons of fun and the beast looked too cool! And the last and my personal favorite sword to sword ganon vs link combat. Now that was a boss battle!

My favorite non-final boss fight from any Zelda game would have to be the battle with Gohma from Wind Waker. The HD remake added a ton of fire effects and particles that the Gamecube lacked enough power to display, which really added to the atmosphere of a massive scorpion-like creature in a volcano. What could be more awesome than that?

Linebeck from Phantom Hourglass. I can’t tell you how shocked and amazed Inwas that I had to fight the person that had (somewhat) helped me through the entire game. It honestly made me sick that I had to attack him, even though he was possessed by a Phantom. I can’t tell you how happy I was when I freed him, lol

Back