Favorite Mega!

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
This is not really based off of looks because this is your favorite Mega competitively (hence the sub-forum it's in). My favorite has to be Mega Charizard Y since he gets Drought, Roost, a great specially offensive movepool and great type coverage to almost all his weaknesses. He's great for sun teams too (as mentioned with Drought).

My favorite Mega evolution is Mega Blaziken because he looks really powerful(and he is) and he can learn a lot of good moves. favorite moveset, Brave bird, High jump kick, Blaze kick, and earthquake. ability speed boost.

Reactions: Ninja-Patty
My favorite Mega competitively, huh? .....HEHEHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHHEHEHE

My favorite Mega is easily Mega-Blastoise. Mega Blastoise has an amazing ability, Mega Launcher, which boosts those Aura and Pulse moves by 50%. Mega Blastoise already has a very high maximum Special Attack, so with a Pulse and Aura set with max Special Attack, the power of its Launcher moves will be amazingly high... Also, Mega Blastoise is pretty bulky on the defensive sides too. So this Mega is both offensive and defensive on one set. Mega Blastoise is slow, I admit, but it is tanky enough to take those super-effective hits, and strong enough to strike back. Also, Mega Blastoise has a great specially offensive movepool, too, and it can have the Pulse and Aura moves. It can even work as a Rapid Spinner, too, and since it's bulky enough to take this, it will at least get a chance to spin the Rocks away. Also, the Pusle and Aura mvoes are all different types, so if he uses them in one set, he can offer great coverage. Anyways, I just love Mega Blastoise overall. It's an amazing Pokémon.

Reactions: Artisan
My favorite is Mega Blaziken as well. His Attack power is boosted a lot by Mega evolving and makes his two signature moves- Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz- death sentences even for Pokemon who are neutral to them. I also like Mega Charizard X, but he's not really that effective in competition (all he gets is a type change).

Mega Lopunny on paper looks to be pretty great. With boosts to Attack and Speed and the ability Scrappy, it can fire Power-up Punches and Drain Punches at anything. It even gets High Jump Kick for risky but massive damage.

Mega Manectric because it can be a great lead if your opponent doesn't have a ground type and intimate is really good so it can eat a few hits.

Behold the greatest mega ever! Mega Kangaskhan! Once it goes +2, it's Just bye bye everyone! Because it will RETURN the favor! And sometimes Sucker Punch you too! Lol

Reactions: Marc
I really like Mega-Kangaskhan a lot. He attacks twice, which is great, and not to mention, power-up punch is pretty OP with this ability, the design and such was great also, his cute little baby came out and fought with him. >w< It's so adorable :3 After powering it up, it's a total beast of a pokemon, I highly recommend Mega - Khangaskhan (Am I spelling this correctly?) to be on your team.

Mega Blaziken. Why? Because it is already an Uber, and with Speed Boost coupled with Protect, nothing can touch it on the first turn. Wait until Speed Boost kicks in. Now what? One-hit knockout every one of your enemies's Pokemon with High Jump Kick/Brave Bird/Blaze Kick/Earthquake.
There is nothing really that can stop Blaziken once it has the Speed Boost buff except for maybe an Azumarill with Aqua Tail.

There is nothing really that can stop Blaziken once it has the Speed Boost buff except for maybe an Azumarill with Aqua Tail.
Or, you know, anything with a priority move. Did I mention anything that can wall a hit and attack? Mega Blaziken isn't invincible. I won't disagree it's strong, but it has it's weaknesses.

Although I work with MMawile on my main team, Mega Venasaur is my favorite. Though, I generally just take advantage of chlorophyll until the sunlight runs out before Mega evolving.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite is Mega Lucario.

Yeah, that's about it. :panda:

Or, you know, anything with a priority move. Did I mention anything that can wall a hit and attack? Mega Blaziken isn't invincible. I won't disagree it's strong, but it has it's weaknesses.

Although I work with MMawile on my main team, Mega Venasaur is my favorite. Though, I generally just take advantage of chlorophyll until the sunlight runs out before Mega evolving.
I never said it is invincible. It is a Glass Cannon that OHKOs anything in it's way.

I am certainly a Mega Mawile fan! I love the design, firstly, but when it comes to competitive battles elle a une bête! (She's a beast :p)

Huge Power turns an anger age 105 Attack to a monstrous 210, and defences of 50/110/95 (rough stats, I'm too lazy to look it up =_=) she'll gladly take a few and certainly give a few!

Well. I don't really want to be that one guy (or more), but i really like Mega Kangy. Its x2 attacks are incredibly strong, if you use the right moves, such as Power-Up Punch, it increases your attack stat by 2 levels instead of just one, basically giving you the benefits of Swords Dance while attacking.

my favorite mega Pokémon of all time is mega charizard

I'm gonna have to say... Mega Manectric :). I don't know why, but I'm never successful with any team without it. Maybe it's the coverage, combined with its speed and special attack stat.

I like mega beedrill. It emphasizes how weak it used to be but now with a new form it can embrace its inner hidden power. I use it competitively. A good move set should be Knock off, U turn, poison jab, and protect
tumblr_ndg3ivGn9M1qfs9zoo2_500.gif

Well I like mega tyranitar,it has some amazing stats and a great moveset plus the ability sandstorm is just perfect for him although he gets it back in his mega form,he is just too powerful that is why his typing didn't change along with his ability.I would say him or mega mewtwo x.

is mega tyranitar ubers?

I use mega Ampharos because it is a very heavy hitter.
mega_ampharos_by_obsidianwolf7-d6hjvjl.jpg

Back