Favorite Pick Up and Play game On The 3DS

• Thread starter pek727
  • Start date
pek727

pek727

That One Guy
Towns Folk
What game or games do you like to play in short to medium bursts on the 3DS? They could be retail games, 3DSware games, or even DSiware games.

Favorite P&P Games

. Starship Defense (DSiware)
. Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (3DSware)
. SteamWorld: Dig (3DSware)

I like to play Kid Icarus Uprising whenever I play shortly. In a good 30 minutes I could clear a chapter and get a bunch of good weapons.

If I'm going to pick up and play a game, it's usually something easy and relaxing to play. I generally go for something that you can put in cheats for invincibility and blow off steam such as GTAV and Crackdown 2. Borderlands 2 is sort of my all-around game at the moment, and its good for short and long sessions alike.

I like to play PMD: Gates to Infinity every now and then since it is sometimes fun that way and I haven't really finished the main story after I reset my old almost-completed save. It's not usually the type of game to play for long hours and and gameplay isn't the intensive type either

Probably Rune Factory 4, I actually kind of finish the game but there's still more to do. Yet, I always lost in where I'm up to in the game :p
Also Fire Emblem Awakening when I want to see an action scene I suppose.

Reactions: Chickenfoot
I'd say Rune Factory 4 as well, I usually play it to pass short amounts of time, because if I play it too long I get really bored of it XD I just do the "Challenge" dungeons and not much else.

Reactions: Thelastprodigy and numage
I don't really do that anymore because i have been working on my Pokedex on my alpha sapphire game but I rarely do pickup a old Pokemon and play a Nuzlocke Challenge on my other 3ds Shi l e still completing my Pokedex so I guess you can call that P&P game.

I would have to say that my favorite pick up and relax game would have to be
animal crossing new leaf for the nintendo 3ds. Everytime i pick it up i just feel
so relaxed. i dont know if its because its one of my favorite games or if its because
its just not an action packed game (which is one of the many things i like about it)
but in all honesty if you still havnt picked up a copy of this gae go out to your local
walmart/best buy/ gamestop and get one asap. Trust me you wont regret it! :)

I would have to say that my favorite pick up and relax game would have to be
animal crossing new leaf for the nintendo 3ds. Everytime i pick it up i just feel
so relaxed. i dont know if its because its one of my favorite games or if its because
its just not an action packed game (which is one of the many things i like about it)
but in all honesty if you still havnt picked up a copy of this gae go out to your local
walmart/best buy/ gamestop and get one asap. Trust me you wont regret it! :)

I forgot about New Leaf. I tend to play that in short sessions from time to time or really long sessions when some friends are online.

I'd say Rune Factory 4 as well, I usually play it to pass short amounts of time, because if I play it too long I get really bored of it XD I just do the "Challenge" dungeons and not much else.
I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!!!

Animal Crossing would fit your pick up and play need. I myself sometimes play Prunes+, spend a day in Etrian Odyssey game to stock some food ingredients, or having myself finish a stage of a short-burst platformer games like The Legend of Dark Witch.

Post game Pokémon for the 3DS and Smash for 3DS are my favorite "pickup-and-play" titles because they are so fun and competitive and it keeps you thinking rather than just jumping or interacting with the game or environments. Seriously if you get bored you could just switch characters and get a new experience online instantly. Of course granted if you are into thinking as it's not for everyone.

Reactions: pek727
I don't have much but I do spend time on Colors 3D. I like drawing what comes to mind when I listen to music...it's often FNAF.

Mostly Pokemon Shuffle. Also, depending on the mood and the time i have available, i play Zombie Panic in Wonderland
DX (>15mins), Witch and Hero (5-10mins), 10-in-1 Arcade Collection (<5mins) or Zelda Link's Awakening DX (~15mins).

i like how a lot of people mentioned rune factory 4 i love that game to death and feel that it didnt get enough attention(rune factory 3 was better tho)

i play SSB4 which surprisingly no one mentioned a match or 2 if i am short on time,also shovel knight.

I wish I had more games to play. But for now, it's Super Smash Bros. For 3DS. If I can't play online, then I just do nothing but Smash Run, seeing as there's nothing else better to do. Then I transfer over to Pokémon Rumble World and see what Pokémon I go for. Sometimes there's Legendaries. Lastly, I play Pokémon Shuffle mostly just to get some coins in preparation for an event. But occasionally, I decide to play Black Ops and do Zombies or Sonic Boom and unlock all the figurines.

I tend to also play short to long sessions of smash daily. Sometimes it'll be a few normal matches and other times i'll sit for hours playing smash run, classic mode, and with friends online.

My favourite Pick up and Play games are Retro Rampgae City DX and Super Smash Bros 4. It's really fun playing Retro Rampage City because of Free roam and shooting random people, and it's a great game for playing 10 Minutes of free roam. Ssb4 is also good, for playing a match of Smash Run or playing a couple of 2 minute matches.

Reactions: pek727
If I'm going to do a short session of stuff I'll usually play Pokemon Omega Ruby or Smash. As much as I love Pokemon, I'm a little tired of it, and Smash I just need to train my Lucas so I can continue to win against my friends (who spend most of their time being angry that I have Lucas DLC and they don't. It's an easy win because they're too mad to fight well.) Sometimes I'll also grab Animal Crossing, but those short sessions usually turn to long as soon as I pick that game up.

Reactions: Mikaya
Pokemon Y
Azure Striker Gunvolt

Back