Finally getting a Wii U, what games do you recomend?

• Thread starter Vladi L.
  • Start date
Vladi L.

Vladi L.

Gamer
Towns Folk
So i have been saving up for a wii u and ill be buing one in june (cuz my parents wont let me untill the school year is finished. So what games do you guys recomend? If possible, please recomend cheaper ones, because im on a budget. You can also tell me about your experience with the wii u!

Super Mario 3d world (fairly obvious), Mario kart 8 because of the cool DLC, Super Smash bros Wii U, Bayonetta 2 because of the beautiful graphic, Rayman legends, and Pikmin 3. If you looking for games on the eshop, then you should get: Shovel Knight, Ducktales remastered, Citizens of Earth, and Gucacamelee. Just don't get Sonic boom: rise of lyric

1 is super mario 3d world. The best mario games, even better than Galaxy. 2nd should be Donkey kong country tropical freeze, it is one of the finest 2d platformers in my opinion. Third, this is a have to, get Mario kart 8 and super smash bros. Amazing games that will last you for a long, long time.

I really suggest that you get Super Smash Bros for Wii U because it is really a great game to have and you will be playing for many hours and hours . Mario Kart 8 is also a good game and it is as competetive as Super Smash Bros . There is also Hyrule Warriors which is a great fighting game if your a fan of the Legend of Zelda series . Shovel Knight is also a very popular platformer game as well as Super Mario3d world . It really depends on what type of game you like more :rotfl:

So i have been saving up for a wii u and ill be buing one in june (cuz my parents wont let me untill the school year is finished. So what games do you guys recomend? If possible, please recomend cheaper ones, because im on a budget. You can also tell me about your experience with the wii u!
Get super smash bros, you look like the kinda dude who plays fighting games, am I right? Also if your a fan of 4 player fighting games, then smash bros is the way to go. Also dude if you want mewtwo and don't have a 3ds I can do the code thing with you (however it works, I don't really know)

if you have or make a club nintnedo acount you can get the code you got with the wii u and get 200 coins and a game would get you 60 and that would make that 260. enough to find you a really good game on club nintendo vc or another game. as long as you register everything before june 30th you can get pretty much a free game from this list
with 200 coins
yoshis island
super punch out
golden sun
f-zero
f-zero maximum velocity
ice climbers
volleyball
tennis
pinball
nes tournament open golf
ice hockey
golf
clu clu land
baseball
warios woods
urban champion
dr. mario
donkey kong 3
suer mario the lost levels
mario bros 3
origanil mario bros
yoshi
balloon fight
kid icarus
zelda ll
metroid
pilotwings
wrecking crew
mario bros
mario bros 2
excitebike
donkey kong jr
super metriod
super mario world
punch out featuring mr. dream
if you get a acount there and register your wii u and take a ittle questionar you will get 200 coins and can get a download code for any of the games above. as long as you register by june 30th

see full list of all games here
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do;jsessionid=9FA050ED45116B0B8C441CAB3198B793

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Smash Bros Wii U, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors

Super smash wii u is a must. It has a lot more capabilities than the 3ds version and also voice chat and 8 player. Bayonetta 2 is also an amazing game and it comes packaged with bayoneta 1 so you get 2 games. Mario kart 8 is also really fun and will last you a while. Other than that, theres the upcoming zelda game which should break some records so you should get that

Reactions: Magik
if you have or make a club nintnedo acount you can get the code you got with the wii u and get 200 coins and a game would get you 60 and that would make that 260. enough to find you a really good game on club nintendo vc or another game. as long as you register everything before june 30th you can get pretty much a free game from this list
with 200 coins
yoshis island
super punch out
golden sun
f-zero
f-zero maximum velocity
ice climbers
volleyball
tennis
pinball
nes tournament open golf
ice hockey
golf
clu clu land
baseball
warios woods
urban champion
dr. mario
donkey kong 3
suer mario the lost levels
mario bros 3
origanil mario bros
yoshi
balloon fight
kid icarus
zelda ll
metroid
pilotwings
wrecking crew
mario bros
mario bros 2
excitebike
donkey kong jr
super metriod
super mario world
punch out featuring mr. dream
if you get a acount there and register your wii u and take a ittle questionar you will get 200 coins and can get a download code for any of the games above. as long as you register by june 30th

see full list of all games here
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do;jsessionid=9FA050ED45116B0B8C441CAB3198B793
I'm getting it from Europe, we don't have coins, we have stars

Reactions: codyplays
I recommend Smash Bros the most because there is so much content and the game is endless. If you have friends you can invite them to play and have an even better time playing with them. If you don't like Smash I would recommend Super Mario 3D World.

To be honest, it depends what you're in to. Need For Speed: Most Wanted U is a very underrated open world racing game. The cop chases are so fun, and even if you do unlock all of the cars and complete all races, the open world has so many things that can give you a never-ending experience. It also has online and local multiplayer.

If you weren't a fan of Smash Brothers Brawl, I can't really recommend Smash Wii U to you. It isn't a game that was meant to be played alone in my opinion. If you have friends and family that will play with you, or you plan to play online (or you have an Amiibo), then by all means go for it. But I have none of the above, and my router currently doesn't allow me to play online a lot, so..I can't recommend this game as a single-player experience.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is an excellent single-player experience, using the Wii U Gamepad's gyroscope feature to make the puzzles really fun (and at times challenging). However, if you're more in to platformers, than yeah, get Super Mario 3D World. But I would recommend finding a bundle that comes with Super Mario 3D World.

To be honest, it depends what you're in to. Need For Speed: Most Wanted U is a very underrated open world racing game. The cop chases are so fun, and even if you do unlock all of the cars and complete all races, the open world has so many things that can give you a never-ending experience. It also has online and local multiplayer.

If you weren't a fan of Smash Brothers Brawl, I can't really recommend Smash Wii U to you. It isn't a game that was meant to be played alone in my opinion. If you have friends and family that will play with you, or you plan to play online (or you have an Amiibo), then by all means go for it. But I have none of the above, and my router currently doesn't allow me to play online a lot, so..I can't recommend this game as a single-player experience.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is an excellent single-player experience, using the Wii U Gamepad's gyroscope feature to make the puzzles really fun (and at times challenging). However, if you're more in to platformers, than yeah, get Super Mario 3D World. But I would recommend finding a bundle that comes with Super Mario 3D World.

Ya the only bundle that's available is that one so I'm getting it. Sadly there's a huge snow storm coming my way right now but I was promised I can pick it up once it clears up
For smash u I'll probably pick it up eventually, my cousin and sister plays 3ds so I'm sure they will love the Wii u. Version too ;)
But for you I would definitely go for smash or Mario 3d world it looks like a great game

Last edited:
Zombi U is an awesome and fun game to play, I feel it is underrated.

Smash U, Super Mario 3D world, and MK8.

If you have friends/family to play with then buy Nintendo Land :3

What are you gaming genre preferences, anyway?

If we know that then it'll be much easier suggesting games.

I recommend Mario kart 8, super Mario 3d land, assassins creed, super smash bros, captain toad, hyrule warriors,Lego city undercover,rayman legends,shovel knight,pickmin 3, and also you should get donkey kong tropical freeze, that game is awesome.

I will say what everyone said: Super Mario 3D World, that is a hella game
But my favorite Wii U game is Hyrule Warriors and it's really worthy
Awesome DLC and all
I sadly don't own Super Smash Bros. for Wii U but the graphics looks sweet and the game itself is awesome as has the 3DS version proven me
Wind Waker HD and Mario Kart 8 are also recommendable

I recommend Super Smash Bros Wii u(of course),Zelda Wind Waker.Super Mario 3d World,Mario Kart 8,Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors and wait for the upcoming games like Splatoon,Zelda Wii U and the New Metroid Game.

I wish I could get splatoon right now looks so awsome:cry:

Ok to narrow down the suggestions
I'm getting the deluxe bundle that comes with mario 3d world and nintendo land

I love heavy story games ( as long as it's a good story) and fun addicting games like smash

Obviously Iv never played a wii u so open the doors to all suggestions I can try new things

Also this is not restricted to retail it can be download only too (meme run:hilarious:)

Also virtual console is a suggestion too since some are exclusive to the wii u eshop

Hyrule warriors is very addicting to those who love it. A ton of content too, even without DLC.

Back