Finished Super Mario Bros. in 5 minutes

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk

Kinda want to show ya guys something old school lol I went to but the Super Mario Bros. 2 days ago since eShop had a discount for it lol I'm a sucker for nostalgia and Dscounts lol Anyways, while I was looking for Super Mario Bros. tips on Youtube, I stumbled upon this lol it's awesome if you ask me lol I haven't beaten the game since I was 5 and someone did it in just 5 minutes lol It's like asking myself, "Why can't I do that in 14 years". lol

That's cool. I always like to explore things in games lol.

Reactions: MMMs
The fastest I've beaten it is in like 40 minutes >_>

Speedrunners amaze me. Can't wait for SGDQ next week!

Reactions: MMMs and 532
Haven't beat the game yet :bag: lol I'm trying not to use the Saves in the virtual console lol But they're too tempting :oops: lol

Reactions: BjFauble
Pretty epic. They've got ninja skills (or played Lost Levels to death beforehand).

I need to buy lost levels lol Saw how epic and hard that game is lol Its really gonna test my mario skills lol Gotta brush up on those skills by playing mario non-stop lol just joking lol

Reactions: 423
God I've never seen this much gameplay of the original smb, this is leagues easier than the lost levels.

leagues

That's amazing. Speedrunners are truly skilled at these games. However,I think he was using hacks. I saw him jump over the Pirahna Plant, and he jumped on it's mouth. It should have killed him.

Congrats

Wow, that is amazing, I haven't even gotten past world 8-1 yet and it was someone else that showed me all the warps. Kind of cheated, amazing game though and technically it was 5 minutes 19 seconds, haha.

Wow, that is amazing, I haven't even gotten past world 8-1 yet and it was someone else that showed me all the warps. Kind of cheated, amazing game though and technically it was 5 minutes 19 seconds, haha.
Well, technically those extra 20 seconds are probably mostly (if not completely) extra cutscenes and stuff that's not gameplay, like points adding up at the end, or when you first start the level where you go into pipes.

Anyways, I think I've seen this somewhere before, but this was quite impressive. :O

wow, that person is somewhat skilled! they obviously played too much. xD

well that is if it's legit, of course...;)

I guess doing all that slow and cautions crap was a waste of time :p

wow i can do that on the first few levels but still that is crazy fast. also i think that that guy played so many times he had it memorized where to go. i dont think that i am going to try doing it that fast anytime soon :p

Still gonna try beating the whole game "My way" first lol then I'll go to speedrunning the game lol but those that changed the goombas (Forgot what they're called lol) are more annoying that shellcreepers lol(What the Koopas are called before lol).

That's amazing. Speedrunners are truly skilled at these games. However,I think he was using hacks. I saw him jump over the Pirahna Plant, and he jumped on it's mouth. It should have killed him.
I think I heard somewhere that when speedrunning, you can do that in the older games because of the bad hit detection...

Kinda tried what the guy did in the vid and like @TheYESDragon says, maybe because old games lacked detection like the new games have lol anyways, he's not using hacks or anything he just precisely times everything well.

Reactions: 532
This is mildly cool, but would be more impressive if it wasn't played via an emulator.

Kinda tried what the guy did in the vid and like @TheYESDragon says, maybe because old games lacked detection like the new games have lol anyways, he's not using hacks or anything he just precisely times everything well.
Ah, alright. I have played the game, but I always slowed down to make sure I jumped clearly over it.

Nice job. I'm not good at speed runs at all. I might be able to finish a level or two quick enough, but then I just choke and everything just goes down the drain.

Back