French

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
I heard that some of you guys have French classes in school. Turns out it's my main language, so if you are having trouble, I MIGHT be able to help you.

I won't do your homeworks for you but can help you out as best as I can!

I hate french class, I swear my french teacher is hating on me! Anyways how do I say " I am excited for E3 and I'm getting a new video game" in french, I need to know by tommarow. I have an oral test tommarow so yeah...

Have you tried by yourself before asking me though? :p

Je suis excité pour le E3 et je vais obtenir un nouveau jeu vidéo.

Reactions: 18 and TheYESDragon
@SunnyWindy Lol thank you! Now I can pass french class easily!

OMG French is so hard for me! I suck at the Passe Compose and mostly everything that's not present tense....

I guess it couldn't hurt to ask xD, well i have a French writing exam tomorrow (it was supposed to be today, but thankfully it was moved back a day) and i have to memorise about 260 words ( a writing piece based off of writing about where you live, have lived, advantaged and disadvantages of those living places etc) for the exam( i get a piece of paper of which i can write up to 30 words in french to help). I'm still a little fuzzy on trying to memorise everything, my method consists of just constantly re-writing the paragraphs out until i know the general paragraph, but i still make little mistakes dotted around constantly( i have trouble remembering stuff in general). I know what the paragraphs say in English, but i always stumble upon myself when translating it into French.

My question is, should i keep going on with my method, or is there any other way to go about trying to memorise a whole assessment worth of work?

When I was learning english, I tried to use mostly words that I knew perfectly.

Trying to translate something can be hard as the grammar is different in both languages, where you place your words and all... and sadly in your situation I don't know how to help you =/

I guess it couldn't hurt to ask xD, well i have a French writing exam tomorrow (it was supposed to be today, but thankfully it was moved back a day) and i have to memorise about 260 words ( a writing piece based off of writing about where you live, have lived, advantaged and disadvantages of those living places etc) for the exam( i get a piece of paper of which i can write up to 30 words in french to help). I'm still a little fuzzy on trying to memorise everything, my method consists of just constantly re-writing the paragraphs out until i know the general paragraph, but i still make little mistakes dotted around constantly( i have trouble remembering stuff in general). I know what the paragraphs say in English, but i always stumble upon myself when translating it into French.

My question is, should i keep going on with my method, or is there any other way to go about trying to memorise a whole assessment worth of work?
French GCSE coursework? Sounds like what I had to do several times, and basically all I did was try to improve my grammar and keep repeating one sentence until I remembered, and then keep doing that for more of it. But if all else fails, cheat by putting it into your French dictionary (the teachers will not check your dictionary unless they're really mean).

When I was learning english, I tried to use mostly words that I knew perfectly.

Trying to translate something can be hard as the grammar is different in both languages, where you place your words and all... and sadly in your situation I don't know how to help you =/

French GCSE coursework? Sounds like what I had to do several times, and basically all I did was try to improve my grammar and keep repeating one sentence until I remembered, and then keep doing that for more of it. But if all else fails, cheat by putting it into your French dictionary (the teachers will not check your dictionary unless they're really mean).

had the test earlier today, I'm confident that i did quite well, wrote down the 3 paragraphs i knew in about 20 minutes (210 words) then spent 25 minutes writing a new paragraph from scratch, then i slept for the last 15 minutes... Yeah...(I went to bed at 3am because I was writing it those first 3 paragraphs constantly until I knew them almost completely by memory).... But my work was at least A grade quality based on my drafts so i should be good!

had the test earlier today, I'm confident that i did quite well, wrote down the 3 paragraphs i knew in about 20 minutes (210 words) then spent 25 minutes writing a new paragraph from scratch, then i slept for the last 15 minutes... Yeah... But my work was at least A grade quality based on my drafts so i should be good!
Pretty nice. Writing an accurate paragraph from scratch during these tests is troublesome IMO but then again I've been doing French seriously for the last three years... Anyways, I would somehow get B's during my writing assessments and get A's in speaking, despite them being the same quality... :p Good luck on when you get your grade back.

Tell us once you get your grade, I'm sure you did well! :thumbsup:

Pretty nice. Writing an accurate paragraph from scratch during these tests is troublesome IMO but then again I've been doing French seriously for the last three years... Anyways, I would somehow get B's during my writing assessments and get A's in speaking, despite them being the same quality... :p Good luck on when you get your grade back.
I'm naturally an A/A* graded student, mainly due to having a lot of French influence and having a French best friend in my school( we were such good friends, he preferred to speak in English though), I got an A in my last working and I got an A*(after a resit, because I was distracted the first time) in my last speaking assessment, but I was a bit conscious of this test because it was taking me a while to learn it

Tell us once you get your grade, I'm sure you did well! :thumbsup:
I'll keep you informed :D

Reactions: TheYESDragon
Reactions: TheYESDragon
Someone else sent me a pm to tell me he did good!

Reactions: TheYESDragon and 423
Ahhh! Im going back to school soon and i forget something!
Which is correct:
J'ai aller
Je suis aller (i think this one is correct but not entirely sure!)

Thanks for making this thread:p

Je suis allé

Ahhh ok thanks!

Ohyay! You are my hero! I have many French questions, but l'll slowly ask them. But, um, what is the difference between these few terms:

Je me suis or je suis
Dans or En
On or Nous

I don't take French classes in school because there is not one, but l take online French with courses and stuff.

Back