Gameboy Advance

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
ah, a nice console indeed. This was a huge leap from the GBC, by far. An impressive range of games to meet your every need. ^^

the screen was really dark though. You needed to play in a well lit room. xD

I had a white Gameboy Advance. I never actually owned a Gameboy color so this was my first Nintendo hanheld and I must've had at lest 50 games for this lol

One favorite consoles ever especially because of the diversity

I loved my Gameboy Advance. Played it with a lot and had some good games. Lost it unfortunately

Loved the GBA. The GBA brought one of the best game series to the world: Golden Sun. For that alone, the GBA will always have a special place in my heart.

Also the GBA is when the Fire Emblem series first came over to the US, so there's that too.

I agree, the screen was way too dark. But it was an awesome console. The graphics improved tremendously on this console.

I had a GameBoy Advance and I remember playing Donkey Kong Country on it a lot, as well as Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. I don't have the handheld anymore, though, becsuse I lent it to a neighborhood friend a long time ago, but he never returned it... o_O

I had a glacier Game Boy advance, i loved the screen size it was big enough that i didn't have trouble seeing what I was doing.

Honestly I can hardly remember playing any Game Boy Advance games on my purple Game Boy Advance, but I remember playing a ton of games on my SP later on. Early on I had a few Mario and Donkey Kong games, and eventually I just played the Pokemon series a ton, but it was definitely a great system. The SP was a huge improvement, size wise, with the backlit screen, and the foldable design, though.

I never actually had a GameBoy advance, but I had a GameBoy advanced SP. Later though my brother did get a GameBoy advance and it still is pretty cool. You can play any game boy, GameBoy color, or new gameboy games on it. I like how the controls were on both sides of the screen rather then all of them under the screen like the gba SP.

Yup :D The game boy advance was really something that was awesome since the games were really varied and popular . The screen was pretty dark-ish but it was very ok :D It seems though that the Game Boy Advance Sp really improved it with its backlight and new features :p

I loved the GBA, the only problem was that it wasn't backlit @-@. But other than that it's fine, I liked a lot of the games it had, especially Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. That game brings back memories from when I had to fight with lots of struggle against Dark Meta Knight, which still haunts me today.

I loved the GBA, but I had a Gameboy Advanced SP and not the one that requires batteries. This console is what introduced me to a couple of gems such as Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion and even Minish Cap. Even the sprites have a lot of detail, which is always a good thing.

Reactions: BmanNintendo
I didn't get the original GBA, but started with the SP model. I still remember spending day and night playing, especially games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Breath of Fire, Zelda, etc. I spent half the day linked to my buddy's SP and battling in Pokemon. It felt so amazing back then, great graphics, pretty good sound quality and, the most impressive part of the console, THE largest game library of any console ever made (65.000+ games were released for the GBA), in addition to support for all GB and GBC games. I originally had a blue SP, but was stolen and a couple of years later, my buddy gave me his (silver with that cool black drawing on it) after he no longer needed it. Now I have that and just two games, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and Need for Speed Underground 2. Still, I love playing these games over and over, I like the feeling of nostalgia that comes with it. Nowadays games are all for graphics, whereas back then, games were made with fun in mind, as long as a game was fun to play, it was good, nobody cared that much about having things like HD gaming.

I look back on my Game Boy Advance, and ask myself how did I manage to play it with no light on it.

I look back on my Game Boy Advance, and ask myself how did I manage to play it with no light on it.
There was a gadget that you could attach to your GBA and when your turned it on, a light will appear. It really helped me sometimes :D

There was a gadget that you could attach to your GBA and when your turned it on, a light will appear. It really helped me sometimes :D

I had this
$T2eC16F,!zoE9s5nc30bBR)kNDIReg~~_32-500x500-0-0.JPG

It was pathetic tbh. Luckily the sp relieved us off of our misery.

Yeah I had that thing too. Didn't need it much, because I almost only played at day time. It is really funny, I found out I still had that thing yesterday, when I cleaned my room

Instead of light for the GBA, the best add-on was the magnifier for the GBA SP, it made the screen look twice as big!
6010131.jpg

I had the one that kind of looked like a lamp XD

Back