Get good, best guide?

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
I'm a scrub.

Where can I find the best (serious) guide to get better, according to you guys? I'm playing Monster Hunter Generations btw.

Can I pretty much use a MH4U guide?

If you're having trouble with weapons, here's a playlist with a guide to all the Blademaster weapons, the Bow and Prowler mode.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDR3ta7VqKryXOcFwWv6Di8PmJqtYocI3

And here's an item database in case you need it (if you don't need it, yet, you will in the future :p)
http://mhgen.kiranico.com/

As far as an actual guide, I don't think there's a proper guide like you would find with other games. There are plenty of "Beginner's Guides" out there, but they're pretty useless, to be honest.
Something that I did when I first got into the series was check the IGN wiki for 3U because it gave some really nice information about the monster and necessary items. While the guides don't seem as in-depth as they were back in 3U, they still tell you what attacks to watch out for, which it nice. It also tells you where to look for those pesky small monster and gathering quests.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/monster-hunter-generations/Village_Quests

The best thing to have would be a veteran player help you along in the early stages, but I understand its hard to match up schedules for that, so hopefully those links will help a little. Experience with the weapon(s) you're using and seeing a monster's tells and acting accordingly to them will make everything much easier.

We might be able to help you more if we knew what weapon you're using and if there's anything in specific you're having issues with.

I'm currently trying Bow and Dual Blades, both in Aerial.

I can't Je suis monté. I always miss, I tried for a while in the demo and successed only once, so there's that. In the game I'm not far enough yet to have big monsters to try again, but my guess is that I always have the wrong angle.

I'm also afraid to pick up bad habits and have to grind too much, so basically pick up everything I can everywhere and I try to play really slowly and read every tutorials =/

I don't want to be a pain in the butt online.

I'm currently trying Bow and Dual Blades, both in Aerial.

I can't Je suis monté. I always miss, I tried for a while in the demo and successed only once, so there's that. In the game I'm not far enough yet to have big monsters to try again, but my guess is that I always have the wrong angle.

I'm also afraid to pick up bad habits and have to grind too much, so basically pick up everything I can everywhere and I try to play really slowly and read every tutorials =/

I don't want to be a pain in the butt online.
Perhaps try using the Striker style at first. It is the simplest of styles and once you feel that you have it and the weapon down pretty well, you can move on to Aerial.

Reactions: 2205
Didn't find that one while searching the other day, I only read the ToC, but it looks good from the topics it covers.

Well, I'm reading through it and there's a lot I didn't know about palicos, just that will help me a lot, I get that my choices were messed up, my palicos are simply pretty and I enjoy the meows. Didn't think I could get something really useful out of them ._. I didn't understand them properly.

Well, I'm reading through it and there's a lot I didn't know about palicos, just that will help me a lot, I get that my choices were messed up, my palicos are simply pretty and I enjoy the meows. Didn't think I could get something really useful out of them ._. I didn't understand them properly.
They can get you outta some tight situations :p

Yeah, one saved my butt by healing me when I was out of potions ><

Yeah, one saved my butt by healing me when I was out of potions ><
Have you been using Mega Potions?

Not yet.

:sorry:

I read that I should. I also read that I should combine my stuff. I'm stacking a lot of herbs in my item box, I need that for potions right?

Yes.
Herbs+Blue Mushrooms=Potions
Potions+Honey=Mega Potions.
If you got the item pack from the dlc, you should have everything you need for some of them.
And whenever you can afford them, make sure to buy the Combo Books and keep them in your box.

I have the first one in my Item Box, the combo book. I can afford all of them but I wasn't sure if I needed to keep them on me or in my box. If my box is fine, I'll get them all.

I have the first one in my Item Box, the combo book. I can afford all of them but I wasn't sure if I needed to keep them on me or in my box. If my box is fine, I'll get them all.
Later on, if you go gunning, you'll need a couple in your bag to combine for coatings/shells, but just keep them in your box for now and do all your combining there, you'll never fail once you have all the books (there are 5)

I'm not sure how this works actually? I bought it because it seemed important but I'm not sure what to do with it.

It increases the rate at which your crafting succeeds. When you're crafting, after you select the 2 items, but before you combine them, there's a percentage that says the chance of success for it. If you fail, you get Garbage, which is.... Well... Garbage lol
Combo Books raise the chance of success

So as long as I keep them at the same place I craft, they should be effective?

Yes and for endgame stuff you'll definitely want them because that stuff has pretty low chances for success.

Do they stack? Or once you buy the 5 books it's as good as it can get?

I'm pretty sure they don't stack. Never tried that tbh, I can confirm for you Once I get home.

Back