Hacking a School Chromebook

• Thread starter JeffasaurusRex
  • Start date
JeffasaurusRex

JeffasaurusRex

Master Pokemon Breeder
Towns Folk
I know that some of you use Chromebooks at school, or at least did. I'm trying to enable developer mode on my Chromebook to install Linux to use Java and whatnot, but every time I try to go into developer mode it says that developer mode is blocked by the administrator. I need to know if there is any way to bypass this, and Powerwashing doesn't even fix it. Disabling forced re-enrollment would allow me to use developer mode, but I do not know know how to do this either. Any ideas?

Reactions: blinboy
I know that some of you use Chromebooks at school, or at least did. I'm trying to enable developer mode on my Chromebook to install Linux to use Java and whatnot, but every time I try to go into developer mode it says that developer mode is blocked by the administrator. I need to know if there is any way to bypass this, and Powerwashing doesn't even fix it. Disabling forced re-enrollment would allow me to use developer mode, but I do not know know how to do this either. Any ideas?
I wish I could help. I would love to know how also...

I have a chromebook...

You guys might not have developer mode blocked on your Chromebooks. You should Google how to install Linux on them. There's plenty of tutorials. :p

I was wondering.... if this was at school, and you do this, can't you get suspended? :p I mean, this is the school's property and tampering with it can lead to problems... but you said you wanted a video, so I will try to help :D.
I hope this video helps you!

This Chromebook doesn't belong to you, why would you want to do that seriously...

Reactions: Mikaya
This Chromebook doesn't belong to you, why would you want to do that seriously...
Because schools block EVERYTHING

for a reason... ;)

for a reason... ;)
I doubt he's trying to look up po-- anything bad xD
There are useful things that school blocks.

But you can do these things at home on something that belongs to you, instead of risking to break something that someone else won't be able to use because you did stupid stuff with it =P

But you can do these things at home on something that belongs to you, instead of risking to break something that someone else won't be able to use because you did stupid stuff with it =P
But a person is at school for like 8 hours. Can't wait that long xD

I'm at the office for 8 hours and more, and I can do it. :meh:

Come on! :whistle:

I'm at the office for 8 hours and more, and I can do it. :meh:

Come on! :whistle:
School rots your brains out more than the office :p

... Nice try, but I did both... :meh:

Reactions: blinboy
Schools do block EVERYTHING and the only other device I could use for computer stuff is the desktop we have at home, which my mom is on all the time.

I have one. Does anyone know how to unblock videos on youtube??? I tried disabling safety mode but that isn't an option anymore!

Are you allowed to download apps? I'm not... But if you, can try this:

Lol, yay for windows! At least, if you want mess with your system you can.

The later updates now deny access to developer mode by having you still enroll the device after you switch modes. Believe me, I have tried ubuntu installation in previous versions, and it worked smoothly, just wished I could have used a different flavor. The only way to do a ubuntu installation on a Chromebook managed by an enterprise (i.e. your school administration) is to remove the Chromebook from the enterprise list. I would not know how to login into the admin account to disable the admin mode, but if you really want to install ubuntu onto your chromebook, get your own chromebook/chromebox. You can get some of those pretty cheap. Just so that you can stay safe with the school and you, because I learned that the hard way.

I have my own chromebook and i don't even want to risk hacking it because their is a lot of consequences if you do it wrong plus if you want to do stuff that a chromebook can't do why even buy it? I understand if its a school one and you can't but its not really a good idea to hack a school one since someone will be able to figure out that its hacked... I bought a chromebook mainly for all my browser stuff plus it is easier to use to type my college writing papers but i am not saying i dont miss being able to download games that only a windows can use but then i just borrow my sisters laptop to play games or just give up and enjoy what i can do.

Back