Help Me Remember A Game

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
So, to be honest this is something I've been wanting to talk about, but I never really took the time to write about this game. I'll try to explain as much as I can, but I don't remember too much, given the fact that I played this when I was really young.

So to start, the main thing I'm certain is that I played this game on the Nintendo 64. I'm not sure what type of game, but I believe it had a 2-D Style with 3-D backgrounds, like you would see in Pokemon Pearl, Black & White, etc.

I didn't play much of the game, but the setting was set in a town that reminds me of Termina from Majora's Mask, mostly because it had a similar look and had a clock tower. The only NPC that stands out to me, was an old lady that may have talked about some bad event that recently happened.

I'm not entirely sure the genre of the game, but something that really gave me the chills was if you were to go south of the town, you would be in a sewer system. From there, you could either return to the town or walk towards the right, which lead to a dead end. I'm not sure if it was part of a mission/timed event, but after waiting a while you would oddly die and hear church bells or it may have been the clock tower?

That's pretty much when I pulled the carriage out and got scared, because of how spooky it was. So, any ideas? I'd be happy to help out if I happen to remember anything else.

Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and FuredeRika
Good luck finding it!

Reactions: Dark Link
Anything more about the style you can remember? Or who you played as?

Anything more about the style you can remember? Or who you played as?
I know that the town felt somewhat isolated for the lack of people, the position of the camera was like the Pokemon games I described, but if I remember correctly it was positioned so you could easily see the sky, along with the clock tower in the distance. The music was slow paced, and as for the character, I think it was a brown/black haired boy?

Im probably way off but is it this:

I know that the town felt somewhat isolated for the lack of people, the position of the camera was like the Pokemon games I described, but if I remember correctly it was positioned so you could easily see the sky, along with the clock tower in the distance. The music was slow paced, and as for the character, I think it was a brown/black haired boy?

Is what you're describing the start of the game? Was there any combat?

Im probably way off but is it this:
I don't think being able to die is a part of that game. :panda:
Is what you're describing the start of the game? Was there any combat?
Most likey the start of the game, and I never gave the game a chance to see if combat was a feature.

Is it the 3d castlevania game?

And did you happen to see any monsters/enemies?

Do you remember any intro cutscenes? anything about the menu? any customisation? Are you also 100% it was for the N64?

Is it the 3d castlevania game?

And did you happen to see any monsters/enemies?
I definitely get that vibe when looking at some of the environments, but I feel like it's too action paced to be what I'm describing.
Do you remember any intro cutscenes? anything about the menu? any customisation? Are you also 100% it was for the N64?
I can't recall any cutscenes, I believe the pause menu had a transparent look so that you could still see things through it, not sure about customizations, and yeah I'm fairly confident, because after I took the carriage out I played another game, which I just found out was Earthworm Jim. The only other console I had at the time was an Xbox. :panda:

Was the camera static? Top down or side view?

Ok. so uh....I went to the wikipedia page for n64 games and I scanned through all the games that might be it. So here are the titles I'm left with in the end:
shiren the wanderer 2
ogre battle 64
nushi tsuri
gauntlet legends
zoor n64

Was the camera static? Top down or side view?
I don't believe the camera moved, even when going into the sewer, it mostly stayed in a fixed position.
Ok. so uh....I went to the wikipedia page for n64 games and I scanned through all the games that might be it. So here are the titles I'm left with in the end:
shiren the wanderer 2
ogre battle 64
nushi tsuri
gauntlet legends
zoor n64
Nothing there is ringing a bell. :panda:

I don't believe the camera moved, even when going into the sewer, it mostly stayed in a fixed position.

top down or side view though? :p

top down or side view though? :p
Oh, sorry, a top down view is what I remember.

It wasn't like RE2 or something was it? Do you have a rough idea on what year this was? Was the main character young, do they have any family?

It wasn't like RE2 or something was it? Do you have a rough idea on what year this was? Was the main character young, do they have any family?
No, I'd know if it was any Resident Evil, I would have no idea on the year, I wouldn't have paid attention back then. I believe the main character was young, yeah. Maybe even a little boy? Not sure on the plot, tbh, so I'm not sure about the family part.

Reactions: 28142
Is it... Goemon?

This sounds like a creepypasta

This sounds like a creepypasta

It's probably not as scary as they remember. Kids have an overactive imagination, and overtime something that spooks someone when younger, slowly manifests into a memory of something aboslutely terrifying. So there's a good chance this was something like harvest moon lmao.

Reactions: Dark Link and Jisenku
Back