help please - Pokemon Y game can't play save data

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
ok so this is what happened: i got a new sd card because pokemon Y was taking up all the space on my 2 gb. so i got the 32 gb sd card and then i took my 2gb and copied data on to computer then copied that data on to new sd card. but now neather pokemon Y games can play there save data. so what i did is i cleared data of one and restarted but i need help to know if there is know way to get back the save data?

ok so this is what happened: i got a new sd card because pokemon Y was taking up all the space on my 2 gb. so i got the 32 gb sd card and then i took my 2gb and copied data on to computer then copied that data on to new sd card. but now neather pokemon Y games can play there save data. so what i did is i cleared data of one and restarted but i need help to know if there is know way to get back the save data?
You can't get back the save data since the game called it corrupted. Furthermore, to add fuel to the fire, you've started a new save file (I assume), thus ensuring no way to get back all your previously owned pokemon (save file overwritten).

The thing is, Pokemon X/Y is special in that the game is kinda linked to the SD card if it's a downloadable version, so different SD cards will cause the save file corruption error. I won't bother you with the specific technical details, but that's what it is.

Keep in mind that only Pokemon X/Y is affected by this as far as I know. Other games probably won't have this same problem.

Probably is just as naagza has stated. Another reason could be you did not format the new SD card before passing the files. This is just a measure to make sure it is in the same format.

However if you indeed downloaded the game digitally I really think it is what he said.

I also agree it was a mistake to create a nnew file and save over the corrupted one, as then tehre is no one you could ever link back that. I think you'll have to start over. :sorry:

Probably is just as naagza has stated. Another reason could be you did not format the new SD card before passing the files. This is just a measure to make sure it is in the same format.

However if you indeed downloaded the game digitally I really think it is what he said.

I also agree it was a mistake to create a nnew file and save over the corrupted one, as then tehre is no one you could ever link back that. I think you'll have to start over. :sorry:
yeah, reformatting the SD card is completely irrelevant to all this haha With most games, what @3dsatackman did IS the right way to do it. I think the reason for the problem here goes back to the fact that for Pokemon games part of the save data is stored within the cartridge itself. With the lack of a cartridge to store that specific part of data, the SD card takes this role

Reactions: Kaynil
yeah sorry man - I've heard people tried to do this to send pokemon to someone ( legendaries ) then trying to copy it before you send it but it doesn't work :( of corse in your case you probably wasn't going to do that - thats one reason why i like the psychical copy a lot better - sorry for the loss man - i really hate it when save data gets corrupted especially pokemon - hope you get going in the game good :p hope you do well for the tag battles man - i could give you a protean frokie - to start you off or some strong leveled pokemon to help get through the game faster :p sorry about the game :(

thank you guys and i have played alot of time on it so i am half way done now and i have the pokemon i want to battle with. and now that i have a 32 gb i wont need to copy again. and also thank yuo pms i will take you up on frokie and for how much?

thank you guys and i have played alot of time on it so i am half way done now and i have the pokemon i want to battle with. and now that i have a 32 gb i wont need to copy again. and also thank yuo pms i will take you up on frokie and for how much?
a protean frokie will be 12 PC discount for you :p!!!

a protean frokie will be 12 PC discount for you :p!!!

ok sure and can i get my mewth also

nope no nick name on eather thx

nope no nick name on eather thx
no problem - let me fix timing then we trade k ?

ok when can we?

That is why I stick with physical copies. You can easily switch between system and SD cards without a problem. :)

Good luck getting back into the game @3dsatackman though! :)

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST and 3dsatackman
thanks and the only thing i lost that i realy want to get back is my emboar that i payed 20 pc for

That is why I stick with physical copies. You can easily switch between system and SD cards without a problem. :)

Good luck getting back into the game @3dsatackman though! :)
haha i agree with ya chief i always get the card
i also like having a psychical collection of 3ds games :p
thanks and the only thing i lost that i realy want to get back is my emboar that i payed 20 pc for
i'll get ya a tepig for 8 pc ?

Emboar is not a common thing, so you'll probably have to wait until PokeBank is released. I'm sure you'll find something great that you like other than the Emboar.

Emboar is not a common thing, so you'll probably have to wait until PokeBank is released. I'm sure you'll find something great that you like other than the Emboar.
yeah true - unless you train it from scratch

haha i agree with ya chief i always get the card
i also like having a psychical collection of 3ds games :p

i'll get ya a tepig for 8 pc ?

sure but can i get my other pokemon first pls

sure but can i get my other pokemon first pls
yeah sure I'm just putting their original names back first
i like names - :p

yeah sure I'm just putting their original names back first
i like names - :p

ok

Back