hey guys am i doing the masuda method correctly? pls help

• Thread starter animalcrossindaddict
  • Start date
animalcrossindaddict

animalcrossindaddict

Harem king
Towns Folk
so i have a lv78 Japanese Chandelure and i obtained it on the GTS and the OT is called UMA he obtain litwick on the daycare and i trained it to lv 78 and i am breeding it with a plain old ditto that i caught in my game that is lv 48 oh and my chandelure is male.i already hatch like 30+ eggs and no luck i keep getting litwick and i wanna know am i doing it right?btw there was one time when the egg hatched into zorua and i thought it was weird

If your Ditto's region isn't Japanese, then, yes, you're doing it well. But, as Nanamine said in her IV/EV/Shiny Breeding guide, you'll need a lot of work, and luck.

The odds are really low even with the Masuda Method. As long as the two pokemon you're breeding with are from two different regions, then what you're doing should be correct

The odds are really low even with the Masuda Method. As long as the two pokemon you're breeding with are from two different regions, then what you're doing should be correct

Hmm... As of X/Y, when using the Masuda Method, it's not actually that low, compared to others ways to get a Shiny.
The chances are... 1/1035.3 of getting a Shiny Pokemon. (Source: Serebii.net)

Hmm... As of X/Y, when using the Masuda Method, it's not actually that low, compared to others ways to get a Shiny.
The chances are... 1/1035.3 of getting a Shiny Pokemon. (Source: Serebii.net)
That's still pretty low. I'm well aware that compared to other methods it's not that low, but the odds of getting a shiny are still really small if you think about it.

Yes, I am to the 32th Eevee egg, and still no shiny... Why making Shiny Pokemon Rate that low, painful, and hard ?!

Yes, I am to the 32th Eevee egg, and still no shiny... Why making Shiny Pokemon Rate that low, painful, and hard ?!
I guess they do that to make Shinies seem more special and all that. From what I hear they may have made shiny encounters easier with things like tipping tour guides in X and Y

ok thanks :) but i still dont understand about IV/EV training its too confusing even though my first game is firered

ok thanks :) but i still dont understand about IV/EV training its too confusing even though my first game is firered
Well, there's an IV/EV Daycare shop thing that Marc and someone else set up on the forum. If you want to get perfect IVs and EV trained pokemon you could always check there

ok and after i get my shiny litwick its gonna be worth it

Well if you want the abilities and nature to get correct you should get a female poke and give everstone to it and the other pokemon you are breeding with destiny knot japanese region poke increases chances.

ok and after i get my shiny litwick its gonna be worth it
actually, shininess doesn't really pass down if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure all pokemon have an equal chance of being shiny (except the shiny-locked ones). So you'd have to get perfect IVs by pure luck if that were to happen with the shiny

actually, shininess doesn't really pass down if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure all pokemon have an equal chance of being shiny (except the shiny-locked ones). So you'd have to get perfect IVs by pure luck if that were to happen with the shiny
I traded my shiny gurddur for a choice band lol anyways if you are breeding a japanese pokemon same species or a ditto with your own region game pokemon you will increase the chances of getting a shiny.

I traded my shiny gurddur for a choice band lol anyways if you are breeding a japanese pokemon same species or a ditto with your own region game pokemon you will increase the chances of getting a shiny.
doesn't even have to be a japanese pokemon. As long as the two pokemon are from different regions it's good. It could be a French Skitty and a Japanese Wailord for all it matters

As long as the two Pokémon are from different regions (USA, Japan, Korea, Italy, Germany and Spain), the Masuda Method will be in affect.

Don't expect a Shiny Pokémon within 30 eggs, as it can take up to 1,000 eggs, or even more. Good luck! :p

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Yeah, like Nanamine said the odds are really low. I mean, it's like 3x better than the normal shiny rate chance in the game, but it's still going to take a long time!

As long as the two Pokémon are from different regions (USA, Japan, Korea, Italy, Germany and Spain), the Masuda Method will be in affect.

Don't expect a Shiny Pokémon within 30 eggs, as it can take up to 1,000 eggs, or even more. Good luck! :p
Got around like 50 eggs I'm angry and tired I'm trying to get a 4-5 iv shiny gible with rough skin :mad: Wasted more than 1 hour hatching eggs when no hatching o power at all lol,

^case in point of what I was mentioning. Statistically speaking, 50 eggs is far from enough from having a good chance of the Masuda method working and producing a shiny :p

Got around like 50 eggs I'm angry and tired I'm trying to get a 4-5 iv shiny gible with rough skin :mad: Wasted more than 1 hour hatching eggs when no hatching o power at all lol,

When I bred for my 5IV Shiny Venipede, it took about 700 eggs. You just have to be patient.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
When I bred for my 5IV Shiny Venipede, it took about 700 eggs. You just have to be patient.
But that would take like one week and I have better stuff to do like ev training my 6 iv pokemons :) lol I traded 3 prev gen starter for a 6iv shiny gengar xD...

Back