• Start date
Hayleia

Hayleia

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
browserhax is revived on 10.3
menuhax is revived on 10.3
ironhax is revived on 10.3

No excuses from anyone, just try them (start with browserhax) and only then you'll be allowed to say "it is too complicated", which you won't say since it is easy as pie :p

(and I expected @Megalegacy to make that thread but I didn't see it so I did it myself, excuse me if that's a duplicate).

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu, Gamer4647, Megalegacy98 and 2 others

No excuses from anyone, just try them (start with browserhax) and only then you'll be allowed to say "it is too complicated", which you won't say since it is easy as pie :p

(and I expected @Megalegacy to make that thread but I didn't see it so I did it myself, excuse me if that's a duplicate).
Not to mention that during Smealum's conference, he, along with derrek and plutoo, announced more projects for the 3DS, in terms of homebrew, so, maybe we'll get *hax 3.0 ?

Not to mention that during Smealum's conference, he, along with derrek and plutoo, announced more projects for the 3DS, in terms of homebrew, so, maybe we'll get *hax 3.0 ?
True this. And I don't remember where I read it so don't get hyped over words without source, but I read somewhere that *hax 3.0 would bring screen recording to the New 3DS. Now that's something I want to see :D

Reactions: D4rkDragon
True this. And I don't remember where I read it so don't get hyped over words without source, but I read somewhere that *hax 3.0 would bring screen recording to the New 3DS. Now that's something I want to see :D

Ugh. Again more stuff for the N3DS. (Not that I care, since there's almost no games I'd like to record on the 3DS)
And just like what you've said, I'm hyped, but I'll be even more once it'll be out.

latest

Reactions: Hayleia

I didn't really want to make a thread last night.
Thanks for doing it for me anyways.

Reactions: J9794
wat's going on?!how do i do browser hack 4 homebrew!

Fufufu, Gbatemp's having trouble with the ongoing stream of newbs incoming, though, since that conference revealed quite a bit about the inner workings of the 3ds, should we be worried for it's future?

Lol yeah, it's like 40 alerts per minute there. And with people only asking for things that already have an answer of course.

And I really don't know about the future of the 3DS. I mean, the more hacked it is, the more people want it (the ones who know about hacks are happy and the ones who don't don't care)... but devs might be afraid of it.

On the other hand, those new hacks don't change a lot to the possibilities of piracy. Anyone was already able to pirate most games even without a homebrew entrypoint by just buying a 90€ flashcart (and it's really a shame to give that amount of money to shady people in order not to give money to honest ones).

Lol yeah, it's like 40 alerts per minute there. And with people only asking for things that already have an answer of course.

And I really don't know about the future of the 3DS. I mean, the more hacked it is, the more people want it (the ones who know about hacks are happy and the ones who don't don't care)... but devs might be afraid of it.

On the other hand, those new hacks don't change a lot to the possibilities of piracy. Anyone was already able to pirate most games even without a homebrew entrypoint by just buying a 90€ flashcart (and it's really a shame to give that amount of money to shady people in order not to give money to honest ones).
And even then, there is war even amongst pirates.

Tbh, even though I know piracy is bad, it's not like I can do much about wanting it xD.

That aside, there are some awesome homebrews for 3ds right now (Leik playcoinsetter :3 no, not THESE play coins, the ones on the 3ds)

If I ever manage to fix my 3ds and get a fast enough computer, I'll definitely try this

Ahh, the 3DS homebrew scene had done another thing. Now with downgrade from the latest firmware;). Well, those interested about this probably already know, just wanted to say something about it.

Ahh, the 3DS homebrew scene had done another thing. Now with downgrade from the latest firmware;). Well, those interested about this probably already know, just wanted to say something about it.
Not necessarily everyone knew. I do but maybe people are only waiting for homebrew-only exploits and don't realize that kernel exploits allow much better homebrew.

As you said, downgrading is available and the reason why it came so early is that it's pretty much the thing to do if you're on 10.3 (at least right now, maybe things will change and 10.3 will be the new reference), so you get eternal homebrew access on your 9.2 firmware but still 10.3 features on an emuNAND. Except on the New 3DS which emuNAND will be stuck at 9.5.

So really people, if you care about homebrew, use browserhax now while you can, and set up a more solid homebrew entrypoint like menuhax or ironhax, then you can think about downgrading or not. But just don't let your chance go so easily, browserhax is literally as easy as visiting a website.

____

Well, guess what ? I'll make a tutorial. Even if you think "that's going to be hard", just read it, this will convince you that lolnope, it will be easy.

The magic website is that one http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
Most information is there. I said "most".

1. Download the starter kit from this website https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip and unzip it at the root of your 3DS's SD card. "The root" means you shouldn't have subfolders, the boot.3dsx file must be directly in your SD card, not in a folder on your SD card.
  2. On your console 3DS, visit one of these websites.
    For an Old 3DS, that one : http://yls8.mtheall.com/spider28hax.php (10.3 only)
    For a New 3DS, that one : http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright_tx3g.php (all versions)
    If that step didn't work, keep the power button pressed for 5 seconds then count 11 seconds in your head. Your 3DS should now be turned off, try that last step again.
You should be in the Homebrew Launcher now. I told you it was easy :p
Well the only problem is that browserhax will get fixed even before you get the chance to think about updating your 3DS, which isn't the best idea by the way. So we will set up menuhax.
  1. In the Homebrew Launcher, look for menuhax manager. Launch it.
    Don't be afraid of the ugly interface, it's tons of white text on a black background but at least you can't say it lacks information.
  2. If you don't even want to read, just press A in front of Install. then press START to exit.
  3. If you are not afraid of text, you can change configuration and stuff, or at least check what the default configuration is so you know how to get to the Homebrew Launcher...
No, really, the one who tells me that was hard must be talking about something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megalegacy98
I already downgraded mine, in a moment of insanity (aka having just woke up)

I heard it had high chances of bricking, but mine didn't and it was SOOOO worth it.

Reactions: Hayleia
I already downgraded mine, in a moment of insanity (aka having just woke up)

I heard it had high chances of bricking, but mine didn't and it was SOOOO worth it.
Of course it was worth it :D
I'd just recommend that you keep backups of your emuNAND (and even of your sysNAND to a lesser extent) so that you can always go back in time if you mess up somehow (like pressing the "yes I want to update my firmware" before your CFW supports that firmware).

Reactions: Blue Knight
Can someone help meh pleahs. It keeps stahping at the red screen on browserhax.

Are you on firmware 10.3 on an Old 3DS ? The link I gave only works for that version.on a New 3DS on 10.3, use that one instead http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright_tx3g.php
And yeah, sometimes it works and somtimes it doesn't, usually just keep trying, and wait a bit (like 10 seconds) when it stops, it might just be temporary.

Im on firmware 10.3 on old 3dsXL

Remember to clear your browser data if you're using browserhax.

Also, you should install menuhax as fast as possible.

Back