how about all region in one game

• Thread starter chazzazzdawn
  • Start date
Those of you who say it is not possible will be proved wrong.

We are trapped in this box of what we think can happen.

If you lived in the 1800s, you would have never thought of communicating with people across the world within seconds. We're doing that right now.

Technology is improving and memory can grow, so combining the regions is definitely possible in the future.

But the real question, as already mentioned, would they actually want to even do that?

yeah true but i bet you if they wanted to they would just put a tunnel or something to travel to the other places
- 'if they WANTED to ' -
So you're telling me that there's a tunnel that stretches across oceans underwater between these regions? Seems legit.

If you lived in the 1800s, you would have never thought of communicating with people across the world within seconds. We're doing that right now.

Technology is improving and memory can grow, so combining the regions is definitely possible in the future.

But the real question, as already mentioned, would they actually want to even do that?
I agree, memory isn't really a viable argument. If anything the only problem is creating a believable scenario without the multiple regions thing feeling forced

So you're telling me that there's a tunnel that stretches across oceans underwater between these regions? Seems legit.

I agree, memory isn't really a viable argument. If anything the only problem is creating a believable scenario without the multiple regions thing feeling forced

Heheh. Pokemon Master Strategist's theory could be true, if they plan to give a 'futuristic' look to the Pokemon Games. As for the memory, that I have said way before, it was with the 3DS's actual capabilities. If they increase it to, like, 8GB, I'm pretty sure this is possible.

Heheh. Pokemon Master Strategist's theory could be true, if they plan to give a 'futuristic' look to the Pokemon Games. As for the memory, that I have said way before, it was with the 3DS's actual capabilities. If they increase it to, like, 8GB, I'm pretty sure this is possible.
yeah but a lot more expensive too lol

yeah agreed " if they wanted to they could lol "

yeah but a lot more expensive too lol

yeah agreed " if they wanted to they could lol "
I wouldn't worry about it becoming too expensive. Wii U games typically fall within the same price range if they're legit (aka like $49.99 I think, usually some small price drop for the holiday season). It's mainly a matter of whether or not they want to do a game like this at all

I wouldn't worry about it becoming too expensive. Wii U games typically fall within the same price range if they're legit (aka like $49.99 I think, usually some small price drop for the holiday season). It's mainly a matter of whether or not they want to do a game like this at all
yeah true - like i said - IF they wanted to

Reactions: ShinyLatios
@naagza, @POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST :

If they were to put all the regions on a WiiU Disk, then, they would really adds up a lot of content to it. If we consider that all the regions (XD and Ranger Games included) would take up 10-12GB rendered in HD, and in 3D (not relief here, models and that kind), then it would use only 50% of the storage of an actual WiiU Disk (For the info, an iDensity Disk can handle 25GB of storage). So if they do it, they would add a lot of content to it, they wouldn't simply put some trainers, the Pokemons and the regions "as-they-are".

So, to return to the key point you were talking about: It would cost the normal price for Nintendo to do this on a normal WiiU disk. And for the 3DS, a cheap alternative would be that they could kind of embed a MicroSD inside the cartridge, allowing much more storage capabilities (up to 32GB.)

For more info on the WiiU Disks :
Wikipedia's Entry about WiiU Disks

@naagza @POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST :

If they were to put all the regions on a WiiU Disk, then, they would really adds up a lot of content to it. If we consider that all the regions (XD and Ranger Games included) would take up 10-12GB rendered in HD, and in 3D (not relief here, models and that kind), then it would use only 50% of the storage of an actual WiiU Disk (For the info, an iDensity Disk can handle 25GB of storage). So if they do it, they would add a lot of content to it, they wouldn't simply put some trainers, the Pokemons and the regions "as-they-are".

For more info on the WiiU Disks :
Wikipedia's Entry about WiiU Disks
Yes, I can tell it'd add a lot of content in the game. Furthermore, they could do stuff with the gyroscope feature of the Wii U Gamepad to introduce exploration aspects (for example, digging up fossils, and you could look around to find places to dig into). Heck, with all that space, they could add even more minigames than the ones they added for Pokemon X/Y

Yes, I can tell it'd add a lot of content in the game. Furthermore, they could do stuff with the gyroscope feature of the Wii U Gamepad to introduce exploration aspects (for example, digging up fossils, and you could look around to find places to dig into). Heck, with all that space, they could add even more minigames than the ones they added for Pokemon X/Y

Yeah. With the WiiU capabilities, there's a lot of possibilities they could actually do. And given the fact that there's the 3DS, why not making some 3DS <-> WiiU bonus content ? Just like the Wii did with the DS !

Yeah. With the WiiU capabilities, there's a lot of possibilities they could actually do. And given the fact that there's the 3DS, why not making some 3DS <-> WiiU bonus content ? Just like the Wii did with the DS !
If they were to do that, they'd have to keep the differences in mind and play to the individual strengths. Whether it means different gameplay experiences that can connect with one another or 3DS connects to the Wii U as a controller kind of thing, there's a lot they could do. Just keep in mind that they didn't allow for cross platform play with 3DS and Wii U for SSB4, but that's probably an exception

As the number of generations rise in the world of Pokemon video games, we see progression. Going back to the old regions would not show progression, therefore not corresponding with what the game symbolizes.

If multiple regions are going to be added in the future, it should be done similar to how Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold was done. If more than two regions are added. Something can be worked out. :)

Anyone got ideas for what the developers would do with multiple regions in one game?

Let's say a game has three regions and three different legendary Pokemon. That would call for a long, but eventful and fun game. Three evil teams to defeated in this dream game. Call it Pokemon Three. LOL

As the number of generations rise in the world of Pokemon video games, we see progression. Going back to the old regions would not show progression, therefore not corresponding with what the game symbolizes.

If multiple regions are going to be added in the future, it should be done similar to how Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold was done. If more than two regions are added. Something can be worked out. :)

Anyone got ideas for what the developers would do with multiple regions in one game?

Let's say a game has three regions and three different legendary Pokemon. That would call for a long, but eventful and fun game. Three evil teams to defeated in this dream game. Call it Pokemon Three. LOL
I think that what they could do is introduce a team that's literally trying world domination of some kind and as such you go through multiple regions, but to go to the next region, you have to beat the regional Elite Four.

Also, I think it'd make sense if they combined the Gen 1-4 regions for that given they all take place in Japan-based regions (plus, it could be geared toward "remakes" of those games?)

I think that what they could do is introduce a team that's literally trying world domination of some kind and as such you go through multiple regions, but to go to the next region, you have to beat the regional Elite Four.

Also, I think it'd make sense if they combined the Gen 1-4 regions for that given they all take place in Japan-based regions (plus, it could be geared toward "remakes" of those games?)

Hmm... Perhaps they could make an Arceus-like Pokemon as the main legendary Pokemon ? And make the bad guys have a scenario a la "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon", like: "the stability of the world in endangered", because of the bad guys, but not forced ?

Hmm... Perhaps they could make an Arceus-like Pokemon as the main legendary Pokemon ? And make the bad guys have a scenario a la "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon", like: "the stability of the world in endangered", because of the bad guys, but not forced ?
That's another possibility, yeah. But I think that works better with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon than with a main series game, because the main series is a bit more "realistic" in scenarios

Back