How does Pokemon Sword/Shield make it easier to EV train and IV breed?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Do we have items we can use in Pokemon Sword/Shield that increase EVs and IVs?

Or is it using items to fight wild Pokemon to get more EVs?
And the old method of IV breeding with an everstone and destiny knot?

IV breeding is the same as previous games with the destiny knot and everstone.

IVs:
  • Hyper training can increase IVs (can't be passed down via breeding) but you have to level the Pokemon up to 100.
:eyes2:

Nothing's changed from last generation.
No horde battles (I think XY and SM/Ultras were in the same gen?)

The EV training exploit is new.
Mints are new, unless they were in the ultra SM games.

No horde battles (I think XY and SM/Ultras were in the same gen?)

The EV training exploit is new.
Mints are new, unless they were in the ultra SM games.
XY is Gen 6. SM is Gen 7.

Yeah but there's always been ways to EV train and later IV breed.
Yes a chance of getting 6IV Gigantamax mons and nature mints are different but the question of the post has basically the same answer. I think there also was an EV exploit for EV training in SM/USUM.

Yeah but there's always been ways to EV train and later IV breed.
And I was looking for new ways introduced in these games :pepe: Turns out the info above is all that there is to it.

Does anyone know if a perfect Pokemon still has 31 IVs? I've bred a few where the stats all say "best", but the numbers don't add up. I was going to make a thread to ask this question, but then I saw this one and figured that any of you would probably know the answer. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if a perfect Pokemon still has 31 IVs? I've bred a few where the stats all say "best", but the numbers don't add up. I was going to make a thread to ask this question, but then I saw this one and figured that any of you would probably know the answer. Thanks in advance!
If it says best it's gotta be 31 IVs. Natures are taken into account as well. They scale by level so you can tell when they are Lv. 50 or 100 in some cases the exact IVs. IV Judge never lies.

Reactions: Alex.Dips
If it says best it's gotta be 31 IVs. Natures are taken into account as well. They scale by level so you can tell when they are Lv. 50 or 100 in some cases the exact IVs. IV Judge never lies.
I was wondering if it might have had anything to do with their nature, I completely forgot about that. Looks like I'm getting rusty. >.< Thanks for your quick reply! :)

Values for power items are different as of gen 7, so if you last played before then and you're counting EVs, it wouldn't add up as well.

Back