How long have you been playing Nintendo?

• Thread starter TAG
  • Start date

When did you first play Nintendo?

• Total voters
TAG

TAG

Indie supporter
Towns Folk
NES for me - 1989 I think. Twenty five years ... I feel old.

Playing since the Gameboy Color, got it from my sister in 2004. Then, got the GBA:SP in 2005, the Gamecube in 2007, and the Wii in 2011... Many memories.

As for the DS series, got my DSLite in 2010, and my 3DS at the end of November 2013.

I got NES on 1995, have been playing since 3 years old. I didn't even move on to another console until I was sixth year grade. I even bought new NES because the 1st was broken. Then I got 3DS last year.

Just so you know, the Gamecube is considered a 2000's console lol. But my first console was the Nintendo 64, I got Glover with it. Good times!

I was born in 2000, so I guess 2000 and beyond :p. But I played on the Gameboy Color of my elder brother :) and we always used to play Super Mario: 6 Golden Coins on the PC. I bought 6 Golden Coins a year ago on Virtual Console. Still as awesome as I remebered :D

Just so you know, the Gamecube is considered a 2000's console lol. But my first console was the Nintendo 64, I got Glover with it. Good times!

Indeed ... launched fall of 2001. Bought my GCN in 2003 when Zelda Wind Waker was released.

Indeed ... launched fall of 2001. Bought my GCN in 2003 when Zelda Wind Waker was released.

Got my GC with the Zelda: Collector's Edition Disk. :p
As for the GC release, I knew about it, I just submitted the year when I got it.

I got mine in 2003 too. Oh man I read the poll wrong I thought it said GC instead of GBC for the 90s. Fail :bag:

i have since N.E.S. i have not played wii u but i think i have played every console from nintendo exept that. btw i was not around when N.E.S. came out. but i played my parents console.

I got mine in 2003 too. Oh man I read the poll wrong I thought it said GC instead of GBC for the 90s. Fail :bag:

Lol, no worries. Did you get your Cube for Wind Waker too? That and Double Dash were my favorite games of 2003!

I wasn't around when the NES came out either, but my mum and dad were. They used to play Mario Kart on it all the time.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
First Nintendo gaming system was a Nintendo 64. Super Mario 64 is still fun.

Reactions: 3dsatackman and TAG
I was born in 2000, so I guess 2000 and beyond :p. But I played on the Gameboy Color of my elder brother :) and we always used to play Super Mario: 6 Golden Coins on the PC. I bought 6 Golden Coins a year ago on Virtual Console. Still as awesome as I remebered :D
I was born in 2001.

First Nintendo gaming system was a Nintendo 64. Super Mario 64 is still fun.

Indeed! Such a classic.

Playing Mario 3D World recently actually put me in the mood to go back an replay this gem!

I've been playing the arcade versions of some SNES games since forever, but I only seriously started playing Nintendo in late 2006 or early 2007 I think, when I started playing GBA games a lot. I didn't play too many of the 'essentials' - but I did play Pokemon Fire Red and loved it.

I've been playing Nintendo games when my brother got his Nintendo 64 in 2002, but I didn't seriously start paying attention to new releases or anything until 2007 when I started buying Nintendo Power. In 2006 I got a DSLite, then I got a DSi in 2010. By far my favorite purchase was my Nintendo 3DS, though. ^^ It completely changed my life when I went online looking for people to play Mario Kart 7 with back in November 2011.

Pretty much about 10 years , if im not mistaken those games were better now its all so advance , that you want to play retro games now instead of the newer ones :L

Played one since the first NDS came out in 2003, its hard to get it on day 1 here in Indonesia. Yepp, i have the original NDS (not the Lite one) and its still works perfectly fine.
But until I found that 3DS has many attractive library, I decided to buy one in 2013 so, i guess i played them about 10 years maybe?:p

Question: I started playing in the 90s, but I've played 80s consoles before that. Should I still vote 90s?

I would say 2000 and beyond because I was born in 1998, even though I played the GBC/NES at first. What really got me into Nintendo consoles, was Pokemon Crystal, I remember that game so well. I would never regret getting the GBA as well, I think as my 3DS library grow, I'll start liking the handheld more, because so far, I've only experienced little of it through games.

Back