how they messed up the 2ds

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
That's literally the same as saying they screwed up the Nintendo DS because people who were used to the GameBoy wouldn't know how to handle it. It wasn't meant to be the same as the 3DS, so you can't complain that it has different features.
I'm pretty sure that anyone who has ever played nintendo would not want to try the 2ds for good reason. Any1 who bought it either hates it or says it's just OK for good reason, with a few every now and then saying they like it. But if you play and other nintendo ststem, and you want to step up, and the 2ds is the next cheapest option, you are probably going to go for the 2ds. And more likely than not, you will hate it. As flamebiz said, any gamer that switches over from either DS or 3DS to 2ds will have problems, it doesn't matter if they are alike or not.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who has ever played nintendo would not want to try the 2ds for good reason. Any1 who bought it either hates it or says it's just OK for good reason, with a few every now and then saying they like it.
Mind backing this up with evidence? "I'm pretty sure" isn't enough.

But if you play and other nintendo ststem, and you want to step up, and the 2ds is the next cheapest option, you are probably going to go for the 2ds. And more likely than not, you will hate it. As flamebiz said, any gamer that switches over from either DS or 3DS to 2ds will have problems, it doesn't matter if they are alike or not.
Saying "any gamer" is quite a bold assumption isn't it? The fact of the matter is, the 2DS is not designed to be the same as the DS and 3DS. If you transition from the 3DS to the 2DS and expect it to be the exact same, you deserve to be disappointed. You may not like certain features of the 2DS, but they are not "wrong" or "messed up" simply because they are different from those of the 3DS. You just chose the wrong console.

Mind backing this up with evidence? "I'm pretty sure" isn't enough.

Saying "any gamer" is quite a bold assumption isn't it? The fact of the matter is, the 2DS is not designed to be the same as the DS and 3DS. If you transition from the 3DS to the 2DS and expect it to be the exact same, you deserve to be disappointed. You may not like certain features of the 2DS, but they are not "wrong" or "messed up" simply because they are different from those of the 3DS. You just chose the wrong console.
It's just an opinion, your acting like i just personally offended you lol. Did U buy the 2ds?

It's just an opinion, your acting like i just personally offended you lol. Did U buy the 2ds?

No, I did not. And it's not your opinion that offends me, it's how ridiculous the logic behind your argument is.

No, I did not. And it's not your opinion that offends me, it's how ridiculous the logic behind your argument is.
It's just an opinion dude, not facts. It does not have to be based off of a bunch of charts of sales or other crap, it is someones personal thought on something. It does not have to be backed up by facts.

theses are some of the many reasons of how Nintendo messed up the Nintendo 2ds. 1 the Nintendo 2ds doesn't has flipping action which kind of defeat the point the of the 3ds and forces you to buy a case for it and kind of makes it less portable and can barely fit in your pocket.2 it only has one speaker so it you are watching something on your 3ds than you can barely hear it. 3 the design is very weird because if you already had a 3ds than you are used to having the button near the bottom of the screen so if you are playing smash4 and in a intense match you may press the power or pause button and it will cost you the match or the tournament. I would keep going but than it will become to long so I'm going to end it off
its a budget system for people that have less money for me i dont like the 2ds for only two things the plastic casing and the lack of hinge which causes dust to get in i am using a 2ds and i find it ok i just have having to deal with dust under the screen also is getting the new 3ds worth it since the only game you need it for is xenoblade?

I just like to point out that the 2ds is still better than the Wii mini

Reactions: freezebot and Mikaya
I like the 2ds

Well as said my everyone 2ds is gaming console for Child and I really don't think kids should have expensive things :p (don't judge me :p) as they only take few sec to break things

And in 3ds their 3d which is really harmful for eyes so according to me 2ds is great on it's place.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Well as said my everyone 2ds is gaming console for Child and I really don't think kids should have expensive things :p (don't judge me :p) as they only take few sec to break things

And in 3ds their 3d which is really harmful for eyes so according to me 2ds is great on it's place.
As well as this, having a 2ds is somewhat more convient for a child. It's like how they ask for a phone but you get them some low budget phone just to see if you can trust them or not. The 2ds is that low budget cell phone :p

Taking away the close and open feature was a deal breaker, but other than that it seems like a second system I would use for Pokemon trading when I can't use my brothers 3ds. I heard that Japan got red, green, blue, and yellow bundles with translucent systems, like the old game boy colors and n64 controllers.

Seeing it's purpose my only complaint would be one speaker. You can't create a proper sound with just one speaker. You can't hear where the sounds comes from or if it's background noise or actual important noise. The solution is simple though, use headphones.

On my desk right now, I have a 3DS, a 3DS XL, a New 3DS XL and a 2DS, so I can compare them all and tell you... that they didn't mess the 2DS up. They did it on purpose.

It has cheap buttons (soft, unlike the other consoles who have some kind of "clicking" feedback), cheap screens (only one screen actually, that's why it doesn't fold, and with no 3D), cheap plastic (the border plastic isn't smooth, it's grain is big compared to the rest of the console and compared to other consoles)...

Which means it's a cheap console. And that's why it cost me half what I paid for my New XL. Which allows people with not a lot of means to still be able to play 3DS games, or people with two kids to get a console for each of them for the price of one New XL, or people with one turbulent kid to get an unbreakable console.

TL;DR: The 2DS isn't messed up, you were just not the target for it at all.

1 the Nintendo 2ds doesn't has flipping action which kind of defeat the point the of the 3ds and forces you to buy a case for it and kind of makes it less portable and can barely fit in your pocket.2 it only has one speaker so it you are watching something on your 3ds than you can barely hear it. 3 the design is very weird because if you already had a 3ds than you are used to having the button near the bottom of the screen so if you are playing smash4 and in a intense match you may press the power or pause button and it will cost you the match or the tournament. I would keep going but than it will become to long so I'm going to end it off

1. If you want the 'flipping' action then what's stopping someone from getting a 3DS? They created the hinge-less handheld for the younger audience, seeming as past DS' hinges tend to break because kids are not sure how to look after it properly. Yes, it's like a brick and a little bigger, but you can't please everyone. Just get bigger pockets in your coats/trousers, perhaps? Problem solved! xD

2. If you want to watch movies or videos, use something like a laptop or tablet. The 2DS is a gaming handheld, not a multimedia device. xD

3. Not all handheld are meant to be the same, you're bound to get some changes. You'd get used to the buttons soon enough, so that's not really a issue. :p

trust me i tried getting bigger poctets it dosnt work as well and when the summer comes around i have to be wearing this giant jacket just so i can hold my 3ds without having to worry about dropping it

also the skinny jackets that have big pockets are crazy pricey where i live

Last edited by a moderator:
trust me i tried getting bigger poctets it dosnt work as well and when the summer comes around i have to be wearing this giant jacket just so i can hold my 3ds without having to worry about dropping it

also the skinny jackets that have big pockets are crazy pricey where i live

You do realize there are other methods to transport your handheld other than the use of pockets, right? :panda:

You can use a bag (like one that you'd put books into or something). Or even a laptop bag if you choose to use your laptop on the move (if you have either). Using pockets all the time could be a possible risk - your 3DS could get stolen if you're not careful. :eek:

yeah but i stick with a backpack because of reasons. also backpacks let me carry other stuff

and have a lot of pockets

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mikaya
Back