KH3D-DDD How would you feel if they made a dream drop distance final mix?

• Thread starter Nextgen1
  • Start date
I doubt there will be a DDD FM, mainly because there's not much room for improvement like extra bosses, mushroom-like enemies, new areas, etc. However, i agree that a KH game with the old gameplay system would be great and if something like that happens, it'll probably be a remake of KH 358 2 Days or a final mix version of it. If I'm right, i will buy it right away, since it's my favorite semi spin-off.

I absolutely agree with this, I don't think that they could improve on the game much as it stands. They could possibly make one however, as a bridge between 3D and 3, but it seems highly unlikely as well, as the story of 3 is supposedly going to start right after Riku and Sora's Mark of Mastery exam. At this point it seems more likely that they will make an HD version of it for other consoles, or (if we're really lucky) an HD remake of all KH games released on the DS/3DS

I absolutely agree with this, I don't think that they could improve on the game much as it stands. They could possibly make one however, as a bridge between 3D and 3, but it seems highly unlikely as well, as the story of 3 is supposedly going to start right after Riku and Sora's Mark of Mastery exam. At this point it seems more likely that they will make an HD version of it for other consoles, or (if we're really lucky) an HD remake of all KH games released on the DS/3DS

I doubt that there will be an HD version of the DS / 3DS KH games, because:
-KH Re: Coded is actually a remake of the mobile phone app / game KH Coded
-KH 358 / 2 Days already has it's cutscenes imported in HD in KH 1.5 HD. Additionally, it has the slot system, which without a touch screen would be impossible or really frustrating to use. Also, I doubt the gameplay would look good in HD.
-KH DDD has no reason to be released on non-handheld console as it serves as a passage between KH II & III. It's more likely (and this has been suggested by square enix already) to have it's cutscenes imported to the library of KH III (like 358 / 2 Days and BBS) and, either in the FM version or 3.5, which has been verified.

Well of course it will be eventually because all this series apparently is exists as a Disney/Square Enix fanservice game with all the characters from Disney connecting together because Square Enix allowed it to. This is both good and bad however if there is enough popularity is the real question here, not the facts of history because that was a different time when decisions were based on ideas and morals which got nasty in gaming as well as other forms of media in the 2000s. Kingdom Hearts came in at a time that people saw it fit and catchy however it gives a Sonic Boom mood and it is entirely questionable in its morals as well but the fact the game is loosely based on religion as well as action and loosely connected stories like a sitcom helps it too, just the publicity could be better than it is and the internet helps in that respect which must be another reason why it has came out to become so popular in the first place. There just has to be a remake of DDD because that is the next step for Enix to make besides having even more spinoffs before having as well as after for KH3 because it's only a matter of time really as they are third parties trying to find their way in life alone and struggling as they are. Those nasty liberals have to have more games in order to suit Disney's greed because it's marketing of other things can only bring them so far.

Actually, no. The final mix is ALWAYS released on the SAME console as the original series and it's purpose is to add gameplay content (difficulty, enemies, etc.), additional details about the story (eg: Point Zero Episode in BBS) to make it more complete and the FM version can easily be considered more of a new game altogether than a remake. While KH 1.5 and 2.5 DO have more content in them, they can hardly compare in completeness against the FM versions, as they are REMAKES and not enhanced versions. They don't have the hidden event mushrooms of Organization XIII for example or the fight versus Terra's lingering spirit in his armor. The purpose they serve is just to be HD remakes of the original versions with some slight improvement like the controls in KH I to match those of KH II. Finally, DDD CAN'T be made into a Final Mix, because, while it aids the story, it's actually a spin-off (just like Re:Coded,etc.), not even a semi spin-off like BBS 358/2 Days. Also, just like I said FM means more content, but there is hardly any room to implement more stuff in the game, there are already a lot of bosses (normal and hidden ones), there is no way to improve the battle system and no more story to be added. The only FM we could ever possibly on the 3ds would be 358/2 Days, as it has the most room to add things, from story to enemies.

You're right, Final Mix has always released on the same console as the original...in Japan. Ignoring this pattern they could just call it Re: Dream Drop Distance. I'm not gonna pretend to be extremely knowledgeable on the franchise seeing as I just started playing it last month but I don't think there's any way to dispute the chance of it getting the Re treatment.

Also I think you're underestimating the power of Square Enix. They could figure out something to add to DDD if a Final Mix version were to exist. Though I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the creator has no intention of making a Final Mix anytime soon anyways.

You're right, Final Mix has always released on the same console as the original...in Japan. Ignoring this pattern they could just call it Re: Dream Drop Distance. I'm not gonna pretend to be extremely knowledgeable on the franchise seeing as I just started playing it last month but I don't think there's any way to dispute the chance of it getting the Re treatment.

Also I think you're underestimating the power of Square Enix. They could figure out something to add to DDD if a Final Mix version were to exist. Though I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the creator has no intention of making a Final Mix anytime soon anyways.

Dream Drop Distance isn't getting a remake, that's that. Square Enix hasn't made any "Re:" games in over a decade and I highly doubt they will be any in the future. They were just two of them, Coded and Chain of Memories. Also, while DDD DID make a lot of sales, when you compare it to others like BBS, it hardly has 1/3 of BBS's sales. This, in addition to PSP's Custom Firm Ware, meaning you don't need to buy the game (million more copies would have been sold), goes to show that there won't be much revenue from a DDD remake. Why would Square Enix waste money on a doomed project when they need tons of it to develop the main games and the newer Final Fantasy Games (by the way, these are made by the same team)?

Dream Drop Distance isn't getting a remake, that's that. Square Enix hasn't made any "Re:" games in over a decade and I highly doubt they will be any in the future. They were just two of them, Coded and Chain of Memories. Also, while DDD DID make a lot of sales, when you compare it to others like BBS, it hardly has 1/3 of BBS's sales. This, in addition to PSP's Custom Firm Ware, meaning you don't need to buy the game (million more copies would have been sold), goes to show that there won't be much revenue from a DDD remake. Why would Square Enix waste money on a doomed project when they need tons of it to develop the main games and the newer Final Fantasy Games (by the way, these are made by the same team)?

Re:coded is only 6 years old.

That's the entire point of putting DDD on another platform. So they can get more money out of their story. Using the same engine as the Remixes wouldn't cost that much.

You're pretty much basing DDD not getting a remake over patterns that aren't even patterns lmao.

Re:Coded in Japan it was 9 years agon and chain of memories 10.5!

Re:Coded in Japan it was 9 years agon and chain of memories 10.5!

Where are you getting this information from lmao

We're in 2015, Re:coded came out in 2010 in Japan and 2011 in the west. Even Coded for mobile phones isn't quite a decade old.

There were many versions, as is often the case with Japanese games and the sat fully developed on Square Enix's shelf for 3+ years before being released.

Reactions: Artisan
There were many versions, as is often the case with Japanese games and the sat fully developed on Square Enix's shelf for 3+ years before being released.

You're right I'm a damn <censored>.

I actually play japanese versions of games and it's annoying that instead of dlc and stuff, they release it as an remake!

I actually play japanese versions of games and it's annoying that instead of dlc and stuff, they release it as an remake!

Ayeeee Dream Drop Distance HD was just confirmed for PS4.

It's already happening. Sorta. Square announced Kingdom Hearts 2.8, which will have KH3DHD, Chi back cover and BBS 0.2, which sounds really good but i don't have a PS4 sadly .

The perfect Kingdom Hearts to me are II and Birth by Sleep, so I want something like those.
Of course I'd like to see a Dissidia on the 3DS. They can add Kingdom Hearts and TWEWY characters to the next Dissidia (and Final Fantasy Type-0 and XV too). That would be awesome!
what about adding some chars from games like star ocean , chrono trigger grandia and dragon quest also since it would on a nintendo console some cameos from some of the weapon wielders of their first party games and if they were to make a vita version they should add legend of dragoon wild arms and shadow hearts chars as well

Back