Huge Splatoon news coming soon (said to shock the world)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've been hearing that Nintendo has confirmed that a huge Splatoon announcement is coming soon that will blow us away (Edit: June 9th is the date). I couldn't find the source but I'm sure you'll be able to with some Google searching.

Everyone is hoping for a Battle Royale mode but I don't think that's going to happen :eyes2:

I'm uncertain of how Nintendo worded their message stating all of this but ignoring that, I think it's going to be about Splatoon content in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch .-. instead of Splatoon 2.

That's just me though. What do you think Nintendo will reveal that is said to shock the world?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikaya
I've been hearing that Nintendo has confirmed that a huge Splatoon announcement is coming soon that will blow us away (Edit: June 9th is the date). I couldn't find the source but I'm sure you'll be able to with some Google searching.

Everyone is hoping for a Battle Royale mode but I don't think that's going to happen :eyes2:

I'm uncertain of how Nintendo worded their message stating all of this but ignoring that, I think it's going to be about Splatoon content in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch .-. instead of Splatoon 2.

That's just me though. What do you think Nintendo will reveal that is said to shock the world?
A battle Royale in splatoon would definitely be a huge announcement with the increased popularity

I think they're going to either
a) bring it to mobile and feature cross play
b) Add a battle royale mode
c) Expand the number of players in a game (25 vs 25)
d) Make an actual splatoon arena in real life and make people fight with paint guns

Honestly, what could be 'world shocking' about splatoon?

It would be awsome if they gave some reason to play splatoon again (crossplay with 3ds would be great, mobile is unrealistic.) because my friend recently got it but it’s clearly past the wave. Maybe its a mobile game. The gap till mario kart is pretty big, so maybe they will try filling the gap. The most likely is a new ranked mode though.

It would be awsome if they gave some reason to play splatoon again (crossplay with 3ds would be great, mobile is unrealistic.)

Don't underestimate mobile. In some cases it can be more powerful than 3ds.
Look at some 3ds-mobile ports; the mobile ports are HD and much better

(google some of the mobile Ace Attorney ports, similar story there)

Don't underestimate mobile. In some cases it can be more powerful than 3ds.
Look at some 3ds-mobile ports; the mobile ports are HD and much better

(google some of the mobile Ace Attorney ports, similar story there)
True, both games run great on phones, but neither game is very action oriented. Touch screens are hard to play on. For splatoon you would need at least four buttons on the screen, and figure out a way to move the camera while holding the squid button. One possible solutions would be to have motion controls, but splatoon’s aiming wasn’t great because you solely used motion controls but because you used both motion and stick controls. It definitely wouldn’t be as good, even if they got rid of either aiming method. Action games are hard to get right on phones, and splatoon the way it normally is would be harder.

I think it may be something non gaming related like having a Splatoon cartoon being announced . Maybe even showing off a Splatoon attraction / ride at their park in Universal studios .

If it is gaming related I can see them announcing that will continue to support the game with new maps/gear/weapons. They have said once we reach that year mark we wouldn't get any more of that type of updates, but maybe since the game is doing so well they will extend that a bit. I can also see a new mode being dropped , maybe something that involves vehicles. I can also see a spin off type game for mobile, but it wouldn't be on the level as what we have now.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
True, both games run great on phones, but neither game is very action oriented. Touch screens are hard to play on. For splatoon you would need at least four buttons on the screen, and figure out a way to move the camera while holding the squid button. One possible solutions would be to have motion controls, but splatoon’s aiming wasn’t great because you solely used motion controls but because you used both motion and stick controls. It definitely wouldn’t be as good, even if they got rid of either aiming method. Action games are hard to get right on phones, and splatoon the way it normally is would be harder.

Mobile controllers do exist, but I see where you're coming from.
I'd still rule out a 3ds port, though.

Right before e3? Weird. Probably not a game announcement. My guess is that it will not "shock the world" and Nintendo is just exaggerating for the positive press. Maybe a real life Splatoon attraction made in a partnership with Universal o something? We will have to see.

Reactions: Marc
Right before e3? Weird. Probably not a game announcement. My guess is that it will not "shock the world" and Nintendo is just exaggerating for the positive press. Maybe a real life Splatoon attraction made in a partnership with Universal o something? We will have to see.

The reason that we're kind of overthinking this is because of the LABO announcement a while back.
Nintendo stated it was "for kids and kids at heart", and we had no clue what it could be. When it was announced, our minds were blown.
So what could this be?

Reactions: Duffy
Ya know..

What if they're going to tell us Splatoon 1 online play is going to end? Now that will shock the world after we were expecting something big like battle royale @SkyHuntress is tired of hearing about :eyes2:

Ya know..

What if they're going to tell us Splatoon 1 online play is going to end? Now that will shock the world after we were expecting something big like battle royale @SkyHuntress is tired of hearing about :eyes2:

That wouldn't even be Splatoon exclusive tbh. Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3U, all those games will probably go offline too.
I predict that the announcement of the Wii U going offline will come after Smash 5 is released.

Ya know..

If battle royale gets announced for this, I'm gonna find a way to remove the game from my account and sell it .-.

Since there's a manga, it might be the fact that they're making an anime, or something. I believe cross-play is incredibly unlikely mainly due to the fact that Splatoon 2 is one of the major selling points of the switch, if people are able to get it on cheaper, easier to access platforms such as mobile (lol, nothing like splatoon or something like that for a main game with all the features so there can be crossplay will ever happen. At least not for ages) then for the people buying a switch to get splatoon 2 as their primary game, why bother when they can get it cheaper elsewhere?

Exclusives are there for a reason, not every game will be on every platform, or multiple platforms.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja and Mikaya
Perhaps the announcement of Splatoon 3?

Jokes aside, I think an anime or movie would be pretty interesting. Either could follow the format of the Manga series. A ride/attraction, Or perhaps even an entire theme parked centered around Splatoon, Would be like a dream come true. Cross platforming sounds doubtful, I think Ninty is intending for the series to be exclusive to it's consoles only and it should stay that way. I don't think they will be a 'Battle Royale' style mode, Clam Blitz is still kind of new. That kind of mode just wouldn't simply fit in - In my opinion.

Jokes aside, I think an anime or movie would be pretty interesting. Either could follow the format of the Manga series. A ride/attraction, Or perhaps even an entire theme parked centered around Splatoon, Would be like a dream come true. Cross platforming sounds doubtful, I think Ninty is intending for the series to be exclusive to it's consoles only and it should stay that way. I don't think they will be a 'Battle Royale' style mode, Clam Blitz is still kind of new. That kind of mode just wouldn't simply fit in - In my opinion.
Battle Royale would have to be a separate mode by itself, kinda like salmon run is. Any cross play would most likely stay within nintendos consoles, though if they did put the original splatoon on other consoles it sure would be shocking. Anime or movie sounds like a likely choice. Theme park ride is very likely, and one that would be extremely shocking (though unlikely) is Nintendo Switch online not being needed to play online in splatoon 2. Maybe they will announce multiple things.

and one that would be extremely shocking (though unlikely) is Nintendo Switch online not being needed to play online in splatoon 2.

Splatoon 2 was the very first game to announce that it was to go with the online subscription :p I doubt that that's gonna change.

I also don't get where people are getting the idea for a theme park from? It's not like it's gonna be cheap to go to if it does happen, nor very fun as it's gonna be like every other popular theme park - 98% queue times and 2% actually going on the rides and being able to do the things.

Splatoon 2 was the very first game to announce that it was to go with the online subscription :p I doubt that that's gonna change.

I also don't get where people are getting the idea for a theme park from? It's not like it's gonna be cheap to go to if it does happen, nor very fun as it's gonna be like every other popular theme park - 98% queue times and 2% actually going on the rides and being able to do the things.
They allready announced a mario kart ride and a dk ride. Maybe in orlando they will have a splatoon ride, as the mk and dk ride are in a different park, and I don’t know if they plan on having the same rides

Is the Splatoon plot even that deep? Or it it like Monster Hunter where more is implied than stated.

Is the Splatoon plot even that deep? Or it it like Monster Hunter where more is implied than stated.
Splatoon has a plot that is stated, but its very simple (maybe it will change with the octo expansion though) it does have some implications of things in the past, but it isn’t to hard to figure that out either. There is alot they could make a movie out of, assuming they didn’t use it all in the octo expansion, but they could also set up for a movie in octo expansion.

So..

CoroCoro revealed that this was just new Spy Gear for the game.

The ONLY thing shocking about this is Nintendo believing that spy gear is going to shock the world :eek:

Back