If you could steal from villagers >:)

• Thread starter ???
  • Start date
?

???

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Have you ever been into a villager's house and saw that thing you really wanted?
It could be that television, that piece of furniture to complete your collection, or even a toilet!
Have you ever thought about being able to sneak into villager's houses and swipe their stuff?
I know there were flea market days back in Wild World, but there were things some villagers wouldn't sell, and you don't know how badly I wanted to steal that koala's jukebox!
So, what if you could enter villager's houses and mess with their stuff? Would you swipe their stuff, or maybe even leave a surprise? What do you think?

Reactions: SpiderCider, 18 and Gary Johnson
Yes! I have! In fact I did everything in my power to steal it!

I talked to the villager afterwards and he asked if I was moving around his furniture >.< Of course, I denied it.

You can technically steal stiff from villagers
Sometimes when you open a wardrobe/whatever in a villager's house,your character will grab furniture.
The house's owner will be like "WTF;GET OUT" at first but then gives you it.

You can technically steal stiff from villagers
Sometimes when you open a wardrobe/whatever in a villager's house,your character will grab furniture.
The house's owner will be like "WTF;GET OUT" at first but then gives you it.
Yeah, you can sometimes get lucky with digging through their drawers and such, but they says it's junk and let you have it. You don't even see it, so you don't even know if you want it or not. Now, if you could rummage through everything thy had in their storage, that would be pretty cool!

I kinda wonder why flea markets arent a thing in AC anymore
Back in wild world,you could buy some furniture off villagers when there was fleamarket

Reactions: Leviathinian
I kinda wonder why flea markets arent a thing in AC anymore
Back in wild world,you could buy some furniture off villagers when there was fleamarket
Yeah, it was pretty cool, I don't know why they didn't keep it.
But in Wild World, villager's had at least three pieces of furniture they wouldn't sell. I actually managed to buy everything in one villager's house before, though. I didn't like them and was making it easier for them to pack up and move out.

There is a way to buy stuff from villagers houses: When the animal invites you over just keep talking to them again and again ... and again after a while they will say something like" is there anything you really like here? If there is go find it and I may be able to part with it... for a price" then you can buy some cool stuff from in there house.

There is a way to buy stuff from villagers houses: When the animal invites you over just keep talking to them again and again ... and again after a while they will say something like" is there anything you really like here? If there is go find it and I may be able to part with it... for a price" then you can buy some cool stuff from in there house.
Yes, but that's buying, not stealing (Mwahahahhahaha). Plus, there's some things they won't sell.
I think it would be pretty cool to have a method of going into their houses when their not home on some occasions and rob them. Maybe there could also be some sort of karma system or the police force can actually do something!

Yes, but that's buying, not stealing (Mwahahahhahaha). Plus, there's some things they won't sell.
I think it would be pretty cool to have a method of going into their houses when their not home on some occasions and rob them. Maybe there could also be some sort of karma system or the police force can actually do something!
There is on way that you can sort of steal their items, but it involves emulators and mods, and only works on Gamecube, Wii and possibly DS. My brother decided to make a mod on City Folk (Or Lets go to the city in the EU) and it worked on Wii.
Personally, I don't know how to do it, but I bought a laptop from my brother and he already had it. You could also steal from nook, and make infinite lost and found. (PS: This was on DeSmuME emulator)

I'd love to steal those items! Sometimes I regret giving them stuff, and want to steal it back from them! And there was a time where a villager locked me out when I was being chased by bees, and I'd get them back by stealing there precious stuff :vamp: And then I'd sell there stuff, so they never get it back :vamp:

I would like to steal Pekoe's eyes. They're so pretteh :p

On a more serious-ish note, sometimes I feel like stealing furniture because it doesn't match the room of the neighbor. One time, this neighbor had an all-classic room and there was an unmatching table or something. It gave me OCD which made me want to steal it. Sometimes when neighbor's have flea markets, I buy the unmatching furniture. >.<)/

I would like to steal Pekoe's eyes. They're so pretteh :p

On a more serious-ish note, sometimes I feel like stealing furniture because it doesn't match the room of the neighbor. One time, this neighbor had an all-classic room and there was an unmatching table or something. It gave me OCD which made me want to steal it. Sometimes when neighbor's have flea markets, I buy the unmatching furniture. >.<)/
Very interesting, stealing for the sake of helping out. I like it!
It's kind of like Robin Hood, stealing for a good cause!
Too bad police don't recognize that, though. (Maybe Booker would understand)

Most of the time I have weird furniture and all of my neighbors have the pretty ones. ;u; There have been many times that I wanted to steal stuff, but too bad you can't do that. It'd also be funny if the game did allow stealing furniture and you steal everything one of your neighbors have. Then, they'd just have an empty room, haha. :p

I would love that a lot! I remember going through one of the animals closet and the message "Hey what is Luigi's clothes doing in here?" And "You found 10 rupees...to bad you can't use them here" and I wanted the closet and drawer just because of it.

I haven't played an animal crossing game yet, but this would definitely get me playing. I would be a master thief, just for the lolz. But if you can steal their furniture you should also be able to pickpocket and sell on the black market and then it turns into a entirely different game. :-/

Heck, I would steal EVERYTHING from the house I like! My house theme is tropical/exotic, and i'm finishing it up. I'll claim i'm going to "borrow" it and then bam! Theft!
I would also steal their jukeboxes and their music. :greedy:

This would be really cool, probably wouldn't happen though. No, "probably" what I mean is it won't happen in my opinion, it will just get to crazy where villagers losing stuff and all of that. But you're probably talking about the in game villagers and not your friends. So I could probably see it happening.

Sometimes I feel like that. However, I feel it would take away the theme of a "peaceful" town, and that is what Animal Crossing is. You can still send them letters with presents in them to try and grab it.

If I could steal from villagers, I generally wouldn't. However, I might take something that is pretty useful and good looking for my own house in the game.

This would be a funny feature. Even though I only played the wii version and only played it for a few minutes before I got bored, I think it would be cool. Just think that a villager is out of town and when they come back, their house is empty. The thing is that they should get a new randomly generated setup, but it would be cool. And that you would have to be sneaky and only take a little, so you don't get caught.

Would this game be called Animal Crossing New Thief

Reactions: spagooti
Back