I'm not surprised.. Another Smash Bros. Ultimate Switch Limited Edition

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm not really surprised. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is going to be one of the biggest games by Nintendo so it was known to get a limited edition console.. the announcement would have been sooner or later.

Europe players are already getting a bundle but you can read more about that in this topic.

So far it's safe to say that the limited edition will have a Smash Ultimate themed pro controller and a steelbook.. We're not certain if it's going to include the Switch console itself or the game.. but I'm hoping it does.

2fiETFk.jpg

The limited edition launches December 7th.

Time to tell one of my friends about this (assuming the console and game are included in the bundle but we can't get our hopes too high just yet), who actually refused to get himself a Switch.. perfect opportunity to grab it, I guess.

Reactions: Samster
I'm not really surprised. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is going to be one of the biggest games by Nintendo so it was known to get a limited edition console.. the announcement would have been sooner or later.

Europe players are already getting a bundle but you can read more about that in this topic.

So far it's safe to say that the limited edition will have a Smash Ultimate themed pro controller and a steelbook.. We're not certain if it's going to include the Switch console itself or the game.. but I'm hoping it does.

2fiETFk.jpg

The limited edition launches December 7th.

Time to tell one of my friends about this (assuming the console and game are included in the bundle but we can't get our hopes too high just yet), who actually refused to get himself a Switch.. perfect opportunity to grab it, I guess.
Oh no. Guess it’s time to buy my third Nintendo Switch console. :p Honestly, I’m not sure if I can pass this deal up, especially since I never have the oppurtunity to own stuff like this. Maybe I’ll pick it up when it launches, not too sure.

Oh no. Guess it’s time to buy my third Nintendo Switch console. :p Honestly, I’m not sure if I can pass this deal up, especially since I never have the oppurtunity to own stuff like this. Maybe I’ll pick it up when it launches, not too sure.
Pretty sure it doesn't come with the console, just the game, controller and steelbook (I mean it costs less than 150 USD so no reason to sell the switch Limited Edition cheaper then regular editions.

I am Hyped for the Steelbook though! Gotta get that full switch (and 3ds) steelbook collection!
In europe they get the gamecube controller adaptor instead of the pro controller... Not sure which I like better, but probably the pro controller is slightly more useful, unless you are super into the gamecube controller (I know a lot of people are).

Seems like there are a LOT of games on switch getting limited editions... So far I've stayed away from the switch limited editions but I might bite here because SMASH!

Reactions: Samster
I doubt it will come with a Nintendo Switch and just have that controller, the steelbook, and of course Smash Ultimate. I don't exactly like the looks of the controller but I guess it look okay. Pretty cool bundle.

Reactions: Duffy
I doubt it will come with a Nintendo Switch and just have that controller, the steelbook, and of course Smash Ultimate. I don't exactly like the looks of the controller but I guess it look okay. Pretty cool bundle.
I’m not the biggest fan of the controller either. The logo just looks... wrong. Like thry should have centered it or made it smaller or something so it won’tget brokedn up by the buttons. It just looks sort of weird and bland right now.

It does look kind of bland. I also am not too fond of the white holding parts. They don't seem to match the rest of the controller.

It does look kind of bland. I also am not too fond of the white holding parts. They don't seem to match the rest of the controller.
Yea they don't quite match the color of the smash logo (it's more gray) so it just looks like a bunch of grays, whites and blacks thrown together in a rough pattern...

Like seriously, Nintendo... I'm sure anyone could make a better smash controller than that one.

Like seriously, Nintendo... I'm sure anyone could make a better smash controller than that one.
I'm not really sure why you guys are fussing about it so much... Honestly, it looks fine to me. The logo may be a bit off, but it's not really a bad controller, right?

I'm not really sure why you guys are fussing about it so much... Honestly, it looks fine to me. The logo may be a bit off, but it's not really a bad controller, right?
The controller itself looks like it'd be fine to use, but for a special edition the design looks poor in my opinion.

Yeah the controller itself is ok, its just the design of it that is putting me off.

The controller itself looks like it'd be fine to use, but for a special edition the design looks poor in my opinion.
Well, yeah. Now that you mention it, the fact that it’s a special edition controller makes me feel like they could have put a little more work into it. :0

It can't be THAT hard to design a good looking controller... can it?

Back