iOS 7

• Thread starter Mr.Panos
  • Start date
Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
We all know that Apple is going to release the newest version of the iOS. Do you like it? Do you think that it has many disadvantages?
Personally, I think that iOS 7 is the most amazing operating system that I have seen. I have many friends who are Developers in Apple and they are impressed! I enjoy the changes in the icons and the new additions. For example, the new organized gallery. It is awesome!

I plan to update to ios7 as soon as it's made public. I love the way it looks from the trailers and such posted on Apple, and I have high hopes for it.

iOS 7 is a ripoff of Android's "Holo" UI and Microsoft's "Metro". If it isn't a rip, it's clearly a step in the direction. Personally, I preferred iOS 6, so this just decimates any hope of iOS improvement IMO.

I never liked Apple, though.

Bumping this thread up, I'd like to mention that tomorrow is the release date. I personally am ecstatic for the release, and can't wait for the graphical overhaul of all things.

iOS 7 is out now for download. All compatible devices can enjoy the new OS now. I agree with @Nuke It's a clear rip-off of Holo UI and also takes inspiration from Metro but clearly it's "revolutionary" and "Magical". xD

PS. I hate Apple xD

Waited whole morning for the update and nothing. I checked for software updates in the afternoon and there it was. It took a while to download but it's finally over.

Moving between home screen reminded me of Android Jelly Bean, :eek:

I preferred the old Safari look but maybe it's because I was accustomed to it. I think that the App Store loads a lot faster now and I'm happy with that. I just hope that we can stop app updates now without uninstalling the app.

Edited: Fixed typo ^_^

Last edited:
It looks so good! they went android on us

lol @Marc *accustomed

Honestly it looks pretty, but nothing really has changed at all.

Honestly it looks pretty, but nothing really has changed at all.
All this did was make changes which make it hard for developers. They released multiple iPhones (making like what, six iOS screen sizes?), 64-bit and 32-bit support as mandatory (hard for many devs to update this), and mandatory UX/style/UI changes on a large scale? I'd be willing to bet they're going to unify iOS and OSX in most aspects - perhaps even branding - within three or four releases now.

Reactions: jandkas
All this did was make changes which make it hard for developers. They released multiple iPhones (making like what, six iOS screen sizes?), 64-bit and 32-bit support as mandatory (hard for many devs to update this), and mandatory UX/style/UI changes on a large scale? I'd be willing to bet they're going to unify iOS and OSX in most aspects - perhaps even branding - within three or four releases now.

That's the main problem when you have to made games in Java, Symbian and Android... Including PC...

Reactions: jandkas
That's the main problem when you have to made games in Java, Symbian and Android... Including PC...
Android doesn't really force anything. Also, Android has a system to make apps for Android run across architectures, so although they're "slower", they will work just fine when they're in 64-bit.

Android doesn't really force anything. Also, Android has a system to make apps for Android run across architectures, so although they're "slower", they will work just fine when they're in 64-bit.
Actually to the contrary I remember developers making the case why there aren't many games as ios and they said it was because of piracy and the breadth of devices they had to cover and make compatible.

The new icon effects (they drop slightly! :woot:) and the new 'Slide to Turn On or Something Like That' look cool, but it's also a little lost-feeling inducing in my opinion.

The new icon effects (they drop slightly! :woot:) and the new 'Slide to Turn On or Something Like That' look cool, but it's also a little lost-feeling inducing in my opinion.
I personally prefer the old lock screen (iOS 7 to the left and iOS 6 to the right) :

lockscreencomp.jpg

Anyway, additions to my review :

Multitasking is great. It feels more like Android than iOS, but I love it more * confessions of an Android fan * :blackeye:

I hate that they removed the app download progress bar from iOS 6. The replacement isn't "all that", :panda:

After upgrading to iOS 7, the time got messed up, :eek:

I like the new iOS 7 built-in search. My iPad 4 has 64GB of storage and I'm currently using around 55.4GB of it. That's a lot of apps/games and swiping through 4-5 screens just to make a search is problematic. With iOS 7, I can swipe a finger down on any home screen and type what I want to search, that's all to it.

Let's not forget the common passcode bug with most mobile operating system versions from Apple. They rolled out a patch for it (iOS 7.0.2) but I'm sure we're going to see a similar bug again in a later version of iOS.

There's still no way to stop an app download without deleting the app. Turning off the device doesn't do jack. Double tapping its icon only restarts the download, :facepalm:

The Photos app is more organized, I think. That's good, :thumbsup: I also read that the camera application improved a bit, however, I have not tested out any of its new features.. yet... :whistle:

The Mail app still can't compete with gMail for Android, :bag:

I've grown to like the updated icons and Safari now. Well, that's all I have for now.

Actually to the contrary I remember developers making the case why there aren't many games as ios and they said it was because of piracy and the breadth of devices they had to cover and make compatible.
That's basically the rationale. Apple has created more development difficulty and uncertainty with iOS 7.

I dont like it. Its too colorful. I do like the thing where you can swipe it up from the bottom and change your settings but i liked the design of the ios 6

ios7 is very cool, thoroughly improves iPad interface and the colour makes it look pleasant as well. Keyboard is cool and I personally think that it majorly improves the apple interface

I like ios 7 a lot actually it is a major improvement and it really feels like a completely new operating system, it looks nicer, it's got a better web browser and has some amazing new multitasking features

Ios 7 is making my iPad work hard, it's loading slower. 3rd gen iPad here but yeah ios7 brought cool features,like the stopwatch being easily accessible and with music. It's a big jump for the whole ios layout and takes a long time to get used to.

Ios 7 is making my iPad work hard, it's loading slower. 3rd gen iPad here but yeah ios7 brought cool features,like the stopwatch being easily accessible and with music. It's a big jump for the whole ios layout and takes a long time to get used to.

Is the Stopwatch application being "more" accessible really an issue? On my gen 3 iPod Nano - keep in mind this isn't touchscreen - I can access the stopwatch within seconds. I would time myself but I would need a different stopwatch.

Back