Is Crunchyroll the best?

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
Regarding LEGAL Anime Streaming websites, is Crunchyroll the best in your opinion?

Or maybe it is Funimation?

What about Netflix?

I only have experience with Crunchyroll and Netflix. Netflix is really great, but it's quite limited... Crunchyroll has a terrible customer support, but they have a lot of content. However, they still don't have everything I want.

Which one is your favourite? ^^

I have no credit card to access paid streaming, unfortunately. And yes, the internet provider(s) here sucks. Paid download, or even buying the DVD/blu-ray is better option for me (since I have no time to watch much anime).

OR getting a cable TV service (but that's not even streaming/having free will to choose something to watch).

I'm using Crunchyroll at the moment, and I never really had a problem with it (sometimes my queue doesn't work). The only let down about Crunchyroll is that doesn't have titles that are already being stream on Funimation. I haven't try Funimation yet (mainly because I can't use it on my WiiU), but I heard it's the same case with Crunchyroll with being unable to stream one of the other's content.

I had Netflix before and most anime on there were dub, but like you said it's quite limited compare to the rest. Hulu is a great alternative to Netflix since it has way more content and it has both sub and dub with most titles. Hulu is kinda weird though, like some shows are missing episode or some seasons doesn't have dub while the others do.

I guess my favorite is Crunchyroll, but it's needs some works. Either way, I'm using both Crunchyroll and Hulu to watch anime on my WiiU.

I pretty sure this is a legal website... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Most of my anime is watched on "Animetv.US", it's the best place in my opinion.

Crunchryoll's community and customer service are pretty awful, but as a anime streaming website, it's pretty decent; though I don't much care for the restriction placed on free users and the subtitles don't tend to be as accurate as some fansub translations, but I use the site regularly for the sheer convenience.

I used to use crunchyroll but I switch to Netflix just because they have very little dubs compared to Netflix, and crunchyroll had like 20million adds through your episode!! I just like Netflix better due to no ads and more dubs :p

I have no ads on Crunchyroll =/ Maybe you were using the free service?

Also, I don't like dubs, I use subs all the way =x

But I got a year membership from Crunchyroll and one for Funimation as well. So now I watch what I want when I want without having to worry about availability or quality ^^ I use Netflix for non anime stuff since they are pretty limited in that area.

I have no ads on Crunchyroll =/ Maybe you were using the free service?

Also, I don't like dubs, I use subs all the way =x

But I got a year membership from Crunchyroll and one for Funimation as well. So now I watch what I want when I want without having to worry about availability or quality ^^ I use Netflix for non anime stuff since they are pretty limited in that area.

SUBS 4EVER!

Yeah, I view anime from only the crunchiest of rolls.

Reactions: 423
Crunchyroll is supreme with membership that is

That's what I got from my experience yes.

At least, Crunchyroll doesn't charge you to get the app. FUNimation, even if you are a paid subscriber, charges you for the ad free app. What a joke =/ I'm already paying for a membership, why should I pay to get the ad free app as well?

Just because of that, I barely use FUNimation, since I watch my anime almost exclusively on my iPad. And the ads are quite annoying on the FUNimation free app.

FUNimation and Crunchyroll are alright. Netflix absolutely SUCKS! I most certainly recommend KissAnime! They have dub, sub, the movies, even OVA's (Original Video Animation aka deleted episodes)! As to the subs and dubs argument, it really depends on the voice actors and script. Sure, one could be alright, but the other could be amazing! I watch a few episodes of both sub and dub to see which one is better!

But KISSanime isn't legal GLAcraft, let's keep the conversation around legal streaming websites please ;)

dang... I didn't know that...welp, that really, really sucks. Oh well. :( Any other legal streaming websites that might actually be useful?

I was expecting a lot more, but yes, that's very limited! I remember this one website called Watch32. It has free movies and TV shows, although I don't think it's legal. If it is, bye-bye, KissAnime! Not to mention, tons of ads and pop-ups. Here's the site:

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited your post, don't share the link when you're not sure if it's legal or not, just in case ^^

At the moment,I'm using Crunchyroll to watch a few of the anime they have there.I haven't even heard of FUNimation until now,and I didn't know Netflix showed anime in its catalogue too. :p
I think it is a decent enough server to find episodes with good quality without having to scatter around the internet for a long time,and even if it drops the quality at times,it only lasts for some seconds,and then returns to being good again.And they're all voiced in Japanese with subtitles,so yepee! :D
About ads though,I don't bother them as long as they're 2 minutes at maximum or from the server itself to recommend other anime I may watch.Otherwise,I'll question what made them appear on my screen to begin with,and sometimes,even the 'Skip Ad' button doesn't work when I don't want to miss some tense moment happening between the commercial times to the episode itself,which can be annoying if it's the same ad that goes on for too long.
Outside of some side-issues,I use it as my main source for watching anime just fine. :thumbsup:

Regarding LEGAL Anime Streaming websites, is Crunchyroll the best in your opinion?

Or maybe it is Funimation?

What about Netflix?

I only have experience with Crunchyroll and Netflix. Netflix is really great, but it's quite limited... Crunchyroll has a terrible customer support, but they have a lot of content. However, they still don't have everything I want.

Which one is your favourite? ^^
I prefer Hulu Plus. Sure they have a bunch of ads, however, they do provide great content and have all the anime I want

I don't think they are available in Canada though? Last time I checked (ok, a while ago) they were not =/

Back